National Pear Harbor Remembrance Day

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

yes sir

...they are not forgotton and the survivors may they have a great rememberance week......

:Pand also it's Larry Bird's birth day :P

yes street, two of the most important events in the history of our country. the attack on pearl harbor, a day many american soldiers were killed, the only attack on american soil until 9-11-01, and an :Pevent that led to one of the biggest decisions a president has ever had to make, the use of the atomic bomb on japan...

...AND LARRY BIRD'S F#@KING BIRTHDAY...nice associaton bro ???

my grandfather was at pearl harbor, and i listened to his stories about that day before he died, and this day means a lot to me and many other people across the country...

...AND YOU BRING UP LARRY BIRD'S BIRTHDAY IN THIS THREAD? >:(

dude, stick to polls

Snake Doctor ]

If any of you ever get the chance to visit the memorial, do it. Its an emotional experience to say the least.

Indeed it is..

It's what i thought of when i saw this thread a few days ago. Remembering my tour of The USS Arizona Memorial, & USS Missouri..!!

(there was a Sub there too, i forget the name)

800px-DN-SD-06-09336.jpg

I took a picture of the oil that still rises to the top of the water. It turned out so good that I had it blown up and copied and have the pictures hanging in the entrance of my bedroom to remind me everyday of the ultimate sacrifice.

Chili -

What did you think of the columns with the lists of every person and the military branch they served in. I read every name. I felt like I owed them that much. That sculpture of the island on the stand in the middle of the circle was impressive too. Very informative movie in the begining as well.

Totally.. i don't think i read them all, but the movie definitely set the tone. I remember being all excited n shyt then watching the movie & being humbled to enter the rest of the tour. VERY Surreal.

Hell i took a cab back later to check out more of the Missouri.!! (left the fam back at the hotel)

Guest [APC] 6ravity

My grandfather, who was in the armed forces all those years ago, was in one of the first groups of soldiers to arrive at Pearl Harbor AFTER the attack. I'll never forget the stories he told me about how surreal it was seeing all the chaos.

Much respect out to all those who serve and protect our country, especially those who gave their live doing so.

I'm thankful my Grandftaher wasnt in Pearl Harbor. He spent two years in the European Theater and was days aways from receiving his orders to head to Japan though. When I think back on the few stories he was willing to tell me, I realize how insignificant my life really is. I felt the same way the other day at the movie theater. While waiting for Fred Claus to start they ran a National Guard video featuring 3 Doors Down signing a song specifically written for the National Guard. It showed video footage from natural disaters at home and wars abroad. When it was over, I felt like I needed to do more to support my country. It was really moving. Like when my GrandPa would tell me about Europe during WWII and like when I visited the Pearl Harbor Memorial.

For those of you who dont know: The movie Chili and I are talking about contains not only video footage from American camerman capturing the invasion but also from the Japanese. The Japanese gave us the films they created, documenting the planning phase in Japan to the actual arieal raids by their planes. There is actual footage of their bombs making runs on our ships and you can see the soldiers running and diving into the water. Its no "MOVIE", its live footage. Like Chili said, it will humble you to say the least. I'm not embarrased to say that it brought many tears to my eyes.

I'm fortunate enough to have been able to go and pay my respects to those who lost their lives at Pearl Harbor. I want to make it to Ground Zero too.

God bless our troops past, present, and future.