AFC West

1. Chargers ( 12-4 )

2. Raiders ( 8-8 )

3. Chiefs ( 6-10 )

4. Broncos ( 5-11 )

** Denotes wild card

------------------------------------------------------

MVP: Matt Schaub - Texans

I'm bucking the Aaron Rodgers trend pick, though it would be stupid not to have him in the argument. I think Schaub will put up rediculous numbers again and with the Texans in the playoffs finally, he will be tough for the voters to ignore.

Offensive Player of the year: Aaron Rodgers

I'll give him OPOY instead lol. Again I hate voting like the rest of the sheep for Chris Johnson, though if he comes through on his promise of breaking Dickerson's record...He's a lock for OPOY and MVP.

Defensive Player of the year: Patrick Willis

The 49ers will be in the playoffs this year in the weakest division in the NFL. That said, Patrick Willis will be a huge reason why on the defensive side of the ball. Revis Island or Woodson will not win it. In fact scratch every corner off your list of potential winners. Woodson winning last year was the first time for a corner since Prime time won it in 94.

Offensive Rookie of the year: Ryan Matthews

I don't think this will even be close. Matthews is going to have a breakout rookie season. All signs point to him running away with the award. I don't think Spiller will have enough touches or stats to seriously contend. Best will likely give him the best run for his money, but Smith will steal some carries away when he returns from his injury.

Defensive Rookie of the year: Ndamukong Suh

Flip a coin. Eric Berry or Suh. My coin said Suh. Sleeper Pick: Taylor Mays

Coach of the year: Gary Kubiak

Another close battle, this one between Kubiak and Singletary. I think that Kubiak's Texans will be more impressive on paper than the 49ers, especially in a much tougher division.

Bold predictions: Bears make playoffs; Patriots miss playoffs; Chris Johnson takes a large step back; Carson Palmer takes a huge step forward; Vikings start season 2-5; Favre's iron man streak ends; Sidney Rice plays before Vincent Jackson does; the leading rusher in the NFL won't have the last name Peterson or Johnson; 2 brand new members to the 1,000 yard receiving club: Malcom Floyd and Johnny Knox.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Thanks, I love putting these together lol. Anybody else have any predictions? How about the Seahawks, Skins, and to a lesser extent, the Texans, pulling huge upsets today?! I only say to a lesser extent for the Texans, because that team is extremely good on paper and it showed today. They may be ready to take the leap not just into the playoffs, but into the AFC South throne.

Sunday Notes:

Arian Foster etched his name into the realm of fantasy football and real life stud.

Mike Vick needs to be the starter for the Eagles, regardless of Kolb's status. That looked like the Mike Vick we used to know and love out there today!

Bengals offense looked very good through the air, mediocre on the ground.

Bengals defense certainly did not perform like a top tier defense.

Wes Welker is still the man.

Hakeem Nicks is in store for a HUGE season if today was any indication.

The Mike Martz offense looked good today, but turnovers and stalling drives supersede what the stat sheet shows.

Bears Defense looked like the Bears defense we used to know and love. Urlacher and Briggs looked incredible today.

5 QB's had 44 attempts or more Sunday. They all lost.

I got hit hard by Foster this week, facing him in several leagues. In the VR league I lost in a high scoring battle. Foster hurt me in 2 ways. He put up monster points for one lol. More importantly my QB, Schaub, didn't produce squat for me. He totaled a mere 8 points, opposed to Foster's 42.

• 3 months later...