Arizona shooter was “big video gamer�

Well that didn't take long. We all knew it was going to happen...

According to reports from the Wall Street Journal and the Arizona Republic, Arizona shooter Jared Lee Loughner was a “big video gamerâ€.

The 22-year old Loughner killed six people on Saturday, including a federal judge and a nine-year old girl, during an open political meeting held by congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. Giffords was hit in the head, and is now in a critical condition.

A friend of the shooter, Tommy Marriotti, says: “All he did was play video games and play music.â€

The Arizona Republic report states that Loughner was a “big video gamerâ€, according to a friend, Chris Walker.

Loughner is currently being held and was charged earlier this morning with five counts, including the “attempted assassination of a member of Congress, the first degree murder of two federal employees and the attempted murder of two federal employeesâ€.

Not the "video game violence" card again. Haven't they beaten this dead horse enough? Good grief...everything violent gets blamed on video games. Psychos are going to freak out, because they are not sound of mind. Whether they have played GTA or Duke Nukem is completely irrelevant and just plain dumb.

So I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that one of his favorite books was Mein Kampf....noooo, that is historic literature, it was the video games.

If one of your favorite books to curl up with, was written by an individual, who had genocide and world conquest as a top goal, that might be a sign..........somehow I don't think video games is going to be the big player to push you over the edge. In fact, he probably was waiting until he finished 15th level prestige. Just saying.

SgtJoeFriday;822905']The quote from his friend that "he wasn't shooting at anyone' date=' he was just shooting at the world," gets me worked up. I'd love to walk up to that dude and punch him in the face and tell him I was just punching at the air.[/quote']

LMFAO!!! Can I get in line behind you?