Website Wars ?

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

How cool would it be if UF had a website war where you could win different categories such as:

Most active Clan Forums, Most appealing, Most Original..so on and so forth just an idea obviously you should take it tweak and torque an add on to it but just an idea.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

well sniper may of made 99% of all the sites but that doesnt mean they are all the same....not to mention the input the clan leaders may of put in to give it their own unique style

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

there is no way to judge the "best website". i love our website, and we have gotten a lot of good feedback, and recruits who want to join because of the website. but i did not make the site, and take little credit for the design of it. now look at the +30 website. not as flashy or fine tuned as ours, but uncle sid made 98% of it himself. he can be proud of what he built, and it may mean more to his clan because he did. so if you ask people to judge our site, apc's site, and +30's site, is it fair to uncle to have to compete against a couple of clans that "bought" their house? the ooh's and aah's do not make up for the hours someone spent trying to do it themselves vs. paying a guy who does it for a living.

i am not saying it is a bad idea (or bashing anyone) but i will say i dont see any way to legitimately judge websites.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

well i never said to see who had the best website but who did the best in certain categories such as most actvie forums which can be judged by number of members, posats and threads. maybe easiest Navigation........but i do understand where your coming from Puddy

I agree with APOCALYPSE, and in the idea...that you can make determinations based on the Clans participation 'in' the site, how well the forum topics are catagorized (for best navigation, etc.), what topics are discussed (is it just rambling, or are they actually organized in making themselves 'better' as far as goals set), and etc.

The 'look' of the site is just a small part of the functality. You'll get a quick look, but once you get past that...the inside, the function, the participation, the amount of outside visitors...all are capable of being judged!

I just think that alot of people focus too much on the 'look', but it is actually 'whats underneath' that makes a good website! ;D

You mean for UF to have thier own top site..??

A UF Topsite can be added to the main site & only UF Clan sites are allowed to register..!!

Thats a Great idea.!! Get on that sniper.. ;D

Otherwise you can gauge traffic by some of [rev]'s top sites.!

Socom - http://revclan.us/TopSocomSites 

CoD4 - http://revclan.us/CallOfDutyTS