Call of Duty 4 Playlist Changes (Official)

Just got this from Charlieoscardelta.com (COD 4 official website).

http://charlieoscardelta.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=121387

fourzerotwo

Infinity Ward

Posted: 09 Jan 2008 18:37 Post subject: PS3 Multiplayer Playlist Changes - NOW UP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(NOTE: If you are currently playing and do not see the new Playlists, back out of Multiplayer (to main menu or restart) and then re-enter Multiplayer Menu)

Multiplayer Playlist Changes:

The multiplayer playlists in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are always evolving based on community feedback and stats we track behind the scenes. We're focused on constantly keeping the game fresh and tweaking it based on your feedback, so expect the following Playlist changes to be hitting soon:

Team Deathmatch

* Map Added to Rotation: Showdown - now available in map rotation.

Mercenary Team Deathmatch

* Brand New Playlists: No Clans / Parties allowed.

* Players who don't want to be matchmade with clans (or people in parties) can team up with fellow lone wolves and play some TDM.

Free-for-All

* Score Limit Change: 100 Points

Domination

* Map Added to Rotation: Ambush - now available in map rotation.

* Map Added to Rotation: Bloc- now available in map rotation.

* Map Added to Rotation: Pipeline - now availalbe in map rotation.

Ground War

* No changes.

Sabatoge

Headquarters

Search and Destroy

Team Tactical

Hardcore Team Deathmatch

* Brand New Playlist: 100% Hardcore Team Deathmatch Only

* No longer switched between Hardcore Search and Destroy and Hardcore Team Deathmatch

Hardcore Search and Destroy

* Brand New Playlist: 100% Hardcore Search and Destroy Only

* No longer switched between Hardcore Search and Destroy and Hardcore Team Deathmatch

Old School

* Rule Set Change: Free-for-All Only w/ Old School Rules

* Increased Health (slightly)

* No Health Re-gen

* Score Limit Change: 100 points

Cage Match

* Rule Set Change: No Longer Old School Mode

* 1 v 1: Normal Rules

* Map Added to Rotation: Countdown - now availalbe in map rotation

* Map Added to Rotation: District - now available in map rotation

Oldcore

* Playlist Removed

Team Objective

* Playlist Removed

* All gametypes included now available individually.

Infinity Ward: Community Relations Manager

Guest Stealthknight

WHY IN THE HELL DID THEY REMOVE TEAM OBJECTIVE? From what i could tell it as the PREFERED (although most difficult to find) match type seing as how it had variety. I swear they are ass backwards sometimes.

Undertow ]

I don't get it.

It sounds like this is supposed to be new news or something, but I've been playing Headquarters on Pipeline for some time now, same with Domination on Pipeline.

Someone tell me what the heck is going on here?

I believe those changes apply to the Match Maker for ranked games. I know those maps have been available for private matches.

I am quite upset they took away Team objective and Team Hardcore. They separated all the gametypes that were in Team Objective and Team Hardcore to their own mode.

Guest Stealthknight

no, seeing as how these do not effect private matches i would assume the tourny is not effected. Private matches have nothing to do with preset ranked playlists.

But by taking away team objective they have now made this game even LESS convenient by causing parties to break up and reform just to be able to play a diff game type

The thing that bugs me is they made changed this.

* Players who don't want to be matchmade with clans (or people in parties) can team up with fellow lone wolves and play some TDM

Instead of making things easier for clans they made things easier for the "Lone wolves" the hell with the organized individuals that put a lot of time and effort into this game. The single most important part that needs to be fixed and they get further away from it.

Guest Stealthknight
Hannibal. ]

* Players who don't want to be matchmade with clans (or people in parties) can team up with fellow lone wolves and play some TDM

Instead of making things easier for clans they made things easier for the "Lone wolves" the hell with the organized individuals that put a lot of time and effort into this game. The single most important part that needs to be fixed and they get further away from it.

I know, they do everything backwards. We want something and they take what we do have that we like away.

ShadowOfaSolja ]
Hannibal. ]

Team Deathmatch is still there, they just made a new one for lone wolf types, if anything this would make Team Deathmatch populated by more clans.

I know, they do everything backwards. We want something and they take what we do have that we like away.