Head Quarters

I thought you were going to be on vacation until next week!

LOL

Yes, we all liked HQ to "rank up" quickly.....but c'mon....that had NOTHING to do with guaranteed wins.  That has to do with a LARGE amount of points because of HQ-bonuses and a LARGE amount of kills.  A LOT.

No one went to rank up in HQ because it was a guaranteed win on only ONE side, and HOPEFULLY they got that side.  You can't PICK your sides in a ranked public room.  You go in, get placed on a side, and yes, you "rank up" and rank up BIG when you win.  And you win by outplaying the other team.

I didn't play in a match last night, so I can't speculate how "easy" it might have been over another clan.  But I just don't see how SO many of us are missing the point here and only one, maybe two guys are seeing the big picture over all of us......

And as for your comment about "we'll see on Wendsday...."  I don't understand what that is supposed to mean?  I mean, didn't all clans play BOTH sides of the map last night?  Or no.....?  ???

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In our war lastnight, did you not see a plan that we worked out?  In your original (or second) post you described what we talked about all week concerning the HQ mode.  We practiced it alot and it seemed to work.  With you guys, it seemed that you attacked individually alot.  Never in groups.....

I hate HQ and always have.  Its by far my least favorite mode to play.  But we practiced our plan several times over the last 2 days and will make improvements tonight for tomorrows match.  For me, the ONLY way this mode is even playable is due to the 30 second delay.  If there is a "loop" then maybe you let a clan take 1 and hold it to completion then be ready with all your guys alive for the next HQ spawn??  I don't know......

GHJUYT ]
WiZ ]

But we practiced our plan several times over the last 2 days and will make improvements tonight for tomorrows match.  

bring it on!

no seriously though, im looking forward to playing you guys tomorrow.

lol.... I hear ya. :) Getting online with friends and having a purpose to game again is a blast. See ya tomorrow.

Guest Stealthknight

I dont think the first point plays that much of a crucial role to be honest. Last night SHO came out strong and got the first point on BOTH sides that we played them on. The also got the Second point as well but we managed to set ourselves up to overcome there defense on a few and gained a lead. They were putting up a hell of a fight and it was going back and forth the whole time no matter which one of us actually set up at the point first. We just happened to come out with more points by timing ourselves and knowing when we need to group around the HQ and when we needed to spread out to defend it. SHO also did not seem to have a problem taking us out as I know i was blind about 30% of the game lol. But never the less it was a fun and well played match by both teams and did not see a distinct advantage by getting the first point or being on a particular side.

Yes we were not in groups because some were fighting to get the HQ and the ones that died were spawning some place else. The first HQ really doesn't matter but getting into the flow of the HQ's and the spawn points. And when you re-spawn after dying your closer to the New HQ. And that means after the team takes the HQ then they get to all spawn together and take the next one. On a few occasions we were in the HQ but waiting on the 30 seconds but just a few of us made it in there. We might could have had it if it wasn't for the 30 seconds and being outnumbered.

The plan for that mode could be but it would be any fun. When a team gets the HQ don't try and destroy it. Just get to the next one and wait. That's exactly how that mode can be played. But how is that any kind of competition.

MarauderHD ]

The plan for that mode could be but it would be any fun. When a team gets the HQ don't try and destroy it. Just get to the next one and wait. That's exactly how that mode can be played. But how is that any kind of competition.

LOL...competition, by definition, is a contest in which there is a victor and there is one who loses.

What you're citing above is called a "game plan."

Different ones work for different teams.

I don't know.

I think this is a losing battle of a conversation.

Luckily we won't see any more HQ wars after this week.....for Maurader's sanity! LOL

I am gonna chime in here. I will put my 101 hat on briefly. My clan does NOT do well with HQ. In fact we have warred in an HQ map before and just got waxed. We couldn't establish anything. And it wasn't because the game was unfairly "looping" it to benefit the one side, though I have seen this happen, it was becuase we didn't go fully prepared. It just so happened the other team was ready to play that map to its fullest extent. If a team can't establish themselves it isn't because of the map. It is because a team didn't take the time to evaluate the best way to get to a point and be able to counteract the other teams strategy. Last night against *S* we played tooth and nail for most the points. In fact some of the time the points were unfairly positioned closer to them then us. But overall both teams had the ability to get there at the same time kill the enemy and get set to capture. It just so happens 101 was able to get that done. It is all about preparation, just like any match. Could be a different story on Wednesday, just like Marauder said.

Guest [odc]..GhostDawg..

Seeing as we were one of the teams that got blown away last night - I throw in a couple pennies to the mix.

Our style of play is vastly different than 99% of the clans in UF.  Always has been - always will be.

You see - we don't practice.  Not in the formal sense of the word.  We play as our practice, but we don't necessarily practice strats & tacs 4 times a week.  I know alot of you reading this are probably thinking "then why the hell are you here?"  or "what the hell are you guys thinking?".

It's all good.  We compete for the sake of competing.  We like to win, sure - who doesn't.  But it isn't "always" about that.  It's about gaming, the thrill of competition, the test of skill against others - just having a good time.  Even though we got blown-out last night - we still had a fun time.  If you could've heard our side, you would've heard guys laughing, cussing and teasing each other through-out the war.  And that is equally important to us - maybe even more-so than going for the win.

HQ isn't our strong suite.  We had a basic strategy last night, but we were simply out-played by a better team.  That and the fact we kept team killing ourselves!  lol!  But it does boil down to preperation and the better prepared team will prevail - regardless of how much talent you have.

As far as the 30 sec delay and respawns......we actually got to most of the HQ's first.  But, we were consistently out-numbered and the "bad guys"   ;D would always show up enforce, secure the perimeter, then take the HQ.

We did learn a few things from last night though - and we'll attempt to incorporate them into our basic Strategy Wed night.  But - this week is only one week out of 4.  I'm confident we'll do better in the upcoming 3 weeks because future wars will "fit" our style of play more.

I'm in iG and I'm kind of upset that our strategy is being discussed openly and publicly when we still have a match of the same mode and map this wednesday. No big deal, our strategy probably isn't different from anyone elses, still it seems inappropriate.

To \H/ I will say it was a well fought match, and I had a great time. I agree that HQ can be one of the most lop-sided modes to play, and its especially difficult when playing without explosives.

For me, HQ is 15 mins of running around like a chicken with your head cut off. Sure, if you implement certain strategies, you'll get the win...and there CAN be strategies developed. I just hate the style.....its a frenzied dash over and over again, so effing repetitive. I've been in a UF before, and I don't remotely feel the same intensity as I did in my previous endeavor. Even though the game developers are trying to up the ante on excitement by having this non-stop action...it doesn't do it for me. It doesn't matter how many times you die, because you can come back as many times. There is no feeling of "I can't let them shoot me, I'll let down the team" because you know 10 seconds later, you'll be running, rinsing, and repeating the process.

I can't wait to play some search and destroy, where you actually have to concentrate and preserve your life. THAT is intense to me, not this fake sprintfest of COD

MarauderHD ]

And when you re-spawn after dying your closer to the New HQ. And that means after the team takes the HQ then they get to all spawn together and take the next one.

im going to have to disagree with you on this one. the game never spawns enemies very close together (maybe a rare occasion or two), and since the HQ is always random, it is a decent chance that the new HQ will spawn closer to the guys still alive. and even if they do get there first there is a good chance that the re-spawning guys can still take it, due to the 30 second delay. :-\

I'm in iG and I'm kind of upset that our strategy is being discussed openly and publicly when we still have a match of the same mode and map this wednesday.

I kinda thought that at first to Voltage.  But, I think its really more of a concern of the "mode" itself.  If your down and losing its one of the hardest modes to fight back in.  Lastnight we came in prepared and had a gameplay.  We talked well and worked good together.  I even sent "MarauderHD" a pm explaining what we did and why.  I wanted him to have the thought process we used to apply to his "loop" theory.  It worked lastnight, but maybe it doesn't work Wednesday and we go to plan B.  Now we just need to develop a plan B.  :)

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

1. Home Team: aKr

2. Away Team: SxB

3. Home Points: 225

4. Away Points: 740

this was not a blowout by a seasoned top clan. this was a very close game the first round, and a lopsided victory the second game, between two clans that are both new. aKr is made up of members if INU, and have been together for a while in one way or another. SxB has a total of 4 moths together, and 2 guys in the war last night have been in the clan less than a month i believe. PLUS the fact that we all started playing COD at the same time gave us all the same advantage. i was not in the war, but i do know the break down went as such:

first game - SxB 240, aKr 225

second game - SxB 500, aKr 0

so it would be my opinion that the first game was very close, with both teams holding down a fairly even amount of HQ's for a fairly even amount of time, and in the second game one side changed their tactics a little. so close games ARE possible, its just a matter of how you decide to play.

i apologize for using my own clan, but i did know that the first game was very close, so i knew it was a good example of a close score.

GHJUYT ]
MarauderHD ]

And when you re-spawn after dying your closer to the New HQ. And that means after the team takes the HQ then they get to all spawn together and take the next one.

im going to have to disagree with you on this one. the game never spawns enemies very close together (maybe a rare occasion or two), and since the HQ is always random, it is a decent chance that the new HQ will spawn closer to the guys still alive. and even if they do get there first there is a good chance that the re-spawning guys can still take it, due to the 30 second delay.  :-\

There not Random...

Guest Stealthknight

actually since the update/patch they are random. I spent 3.5 hours in a room by myself trying to get a pattern but it starts at a diff HQ everytime and the overall placement in the order they come up is not small enough to recognize the pattern. Im sure it has a Pattern of about 300 placements but with it starting at a diff point in every game it makes it impossible to predict where every one will come up

ShadowOfaSolja ]

actually since the update/patch they are random.  I spent 3.5 hours in a room by myself trying to get a pattern but it starts at a diff HQ everytime and the overall placement in the order they come up is not small enough to recognize the pattern.  Im sure it has a Pattern of about 300 placements but with it starting at a diff point in every game it makes it impossible to predict where every one will come up

yeah, i recorded the placement of HQ's for every headquarters match i played after the patch for about a month (playing almost daily), and found nothing except that on Wet Work, every third HQ is in the center. but that was all.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
GHJUYT ]
ShadowOfaSolja ]

actually since the update/patch they are random.  I spent 3.5 hours in a room by myself trying to get a pattern but it starts at a diff HQ everytime and the overall placement in the order they come up is not small enough to recognize the pattern.  Im sure it has a Pattern of about 300 placements but with it starting at a diff point in every game it makes it impossible to predict where every one will come up

yeah, i recorded the placement of HQ's for every headquarters match i played after the patch for about a month (playing almost daily), and found nothing except that on Wet Work, every third HQ is in the center. but that was all.

im with you, before the patch, it always seemed that people were in the building just before the HQ came up, so i startde to pay attention, and there only seemed to be about a 12 spot pattern, so you could learn it fairly easy. now it seems to be very scattered and even farther apart sometimes.

I appreciate everyones view,

In tests this was and IS even. It IS however unpredictable and the need for changing tactics IS necessary IF you feel you are losing out.

Example-

Problem: We are down 100 points because the [x] clan captured the 1st HQ and has been getting spawns close to the next HQ...

Solution: Since the [x] clan just got another HQ point and we are repawning while they can not- Lets only have 2 guys grab it and lets get half the team heading north to the middle of the HQ spawns.

Now we have 4 guys close the next nav and 30 seconds to set up shop! sweet! 35 points for us.

There ya go- My military tactical advisement is free this time... Next time I take cash only.

US25

Yeah im not going to lie i hate HQ and realize more then half the time even with certain perks on they cant help you get there any faster because everyone uses it pretty much in HQ. I do agree that the 30 secs helps out alot but there are times that you spawn all the way on the other side and it takes about 10-15 sec to get to the new HQ by that time all it takes is for a few of your people to die and the other team have already captured the HQ. Maybe a increase in secs could help so that even when you do spawn on the other side of the map you have time to fight to capture the hq instead of making it there with like 10 secs left before its captured. Like a few have already confirmed that more then 80% of the matches final scores seem to point out that one team took over and held on or got to the hq first in majority of the match.