So I paid for Elite, but I still have to wait?

codelite.jpgA major outcry by PS3 Modern Warfare 3 players as Activision announced that the first maps for Call of Duty Elite members would launch on January 24th to XBox 360. They did not mention any release information for PlayStation 3 as of this post.

The common outcry is why did we pay full price for Elite but we are not getting the map paks at the same time as XBox…

This may be a rude awakening for Activision… We will update this as we hear more.

di

di

UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=qj6IDK7rITs UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=Ly1H5S7uc7A

48tL2kO7HyQ

More...

• Directors

tweets by Robert Bowling as we speak: https://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

"The content comes out first for @Xbox Elite Premium members, then shortly after for subscribers on other platforms."

"Activision has a partnership with Microsoft since 2007. These types of partnerships are not something I handle on the dev side"

"All high-level business partnerships are handled on the corporate side. You'd have to reach out to Activision (no official twitter)."

"You can reach customer support via Twitter by sending a message to @ATVIAssist - they can direct you to phone support also."

It is confirmed that we got shafted again... there are even crys for boycotting COD, Activision and Elite

Edited by Shane

So a 25% difference in Titles sold between those 2 consoles. And the disparity after that is astounding. Yet Activision can afford to alienate its clients on the PS3 side, charge money for a service that guarantees early "hands on" and still favors one unit over the next.

I guess my next question is how much Microsoft gave to Activision for this favoritism? Why would a software company divide itself in the market and disenfranchise part of its audience? That is what confuses me. I don't have the game, I have been thinking about picking it up. But I am not going to get Elite if it means that I am really not getting anything special.