ahmm! We will have Private Rent a Servers on March 27th! for BF3...

We’ve been hard at work collecting and working on your feedback and suggestions, and are now happy to report that the next patch for Battlefield 3 will be released for PlayStation 3 on the 27th of March. More information on Xbox 360 and PC will come soon.

This patch includes many gameplay tweaks and balances; several suggested by you. The full list of changes and updates is as follows. This update will also bring the “Rent a Server†functionality to Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. For more updated information on this functionality, check back next week.

src: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/03/game-update-will-drop-on-the-27th-of-march-for-playstation-3-xbox-360-and-pc-will-come-soon/

Looks like we are paying for them. Hopefully its not too much.

i was a pc player for a long time before i got my ps3. i played a lot of the old battlefield games. played counterstrike. a lot of the old original shooters. one thign pc has always provided was rent-a-servers. they were greta cuz you could find mod servers, no glitch servers, game specific servers. you always got what you paid for and the host always could kick anyone that did not play to the rules of the server. also, if there was ever a complaint about a server, you turned in a ticket and it was fixed immediatly. when your paying for somethign, it seems to get fixed pretty fast. even xbox live seems to run a lot better than the psn, but again, when yuor income source is the servers and not the store or premium membership, you have a tendency to take better care of things. ive been a firm believer for years i would pay to play on the psn and would love to see private servers for many of the game s we constantly bitch about. if im gonna pay 60 bucks for a game, i wanna be able to play online without complaint. a few bucks a month for a private server is well worth it in overall gameplay experience.

i was a pc player for a long time before i got my ps3. i played a lot of the old battlefield games. played counterstrike. a lot of the old original shooters. one thign pc has always provided was rent-a-servers. they were greta cuz you could find mod servers, no glitch servers, game specific servers. you always got what you paid for and the host always could kick anyone that did not play to the rules of the server. also, if there was ever a complaint about a server, you turned in a ticket and it was fixed immediatly. when your paying for somethign, it seems to get fixed pretty fast. even xbox live seems to run a lot better than the psn, but again, when yuor income source is the servers and not the store or premium membership, you have a tendency to take better care of things. ive been a firm believer for years i would pay to play on the psn and would love to see private servers for many of the game s we constantly bitch about. if im gonna pay 60 bucks for a game, i wanna be able to play online without complaint. a few bucks a month for a private server is well worth it in overall gameplay experience.

I've never played on the PC before, but one of our guys in RVN was a big PC player before the PS3. He also loved how each server could be tweaked to the "renters" liking.

I do have a question regarding this new venture when compared to private servers on a PC. Would this even be possible on a PS3 or XBOX? As I said, I never played on a PC before, so I have no idea how you make a Star Wars mod for CoD. Or how you set it up to be one or two maps only.

• Directors

We have added a 7 day server Titled UrgentFury.com with the password set to ufreqtv Feel free to jump in with the understanding we may reboot it or change the settings while we are testing with this server. It is located in the South.

We have added a 7 day server Titled UrgentFury.com with the password set to ufreqtv Feel free to jump in with the understanding we may reboot it or change the settings while we are testing with this server. It is located in the South.

Did u see my thread Shane!?

sent from my Rooted DX2 w/ Eclipse ROM using tapatalk