Call of Duty: World at War

Looks interesting, but it is WWII.

It will be playable from 360 or PC together.!

--------------------------------

The next Call of Duty® is being revealed! You can watch the premiere of the worldwide reveal trailer for Call of Duty: World at War only on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace June 21.

Call of Duty: World at War completely changes the rules of engagement by redefining WWII gaming and thrusting players into the final tension-filled, unforgiving battles against a new ferocious enemy in the most dangerous and suspenseful action ever seen.

Powered by Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfareâ„¢ technology, Call of Duty: World at War brings an uncensored edge to combat, as soldiers face the most harrowing and climactic European and Pacific battles in which an enemy, who knows no surrender and no retreat, will fight to the last breath, unleashing an arsenal of lethal surprising tactics. Peril and danger lurk throughout the battlefield as players combat the unknown risk of the new chaos of battle.

From the remains of Russia and the ruins of Berlin, to the beach and jungles of the deadly Pacific Theater, the volatile action takes on added depth as players employ new features that previously were only available in multiplayer, including perks, rankings and online stats in up to four-player cooperative gameplay, and take advantage of the new infantry and vehicle-based weapons, like the potent flamethrower, that will set the battlefield ablaze.

No. That's all I have to say.

They're taking Infinity Ward off this and giving it back to the shitty developers that made CoD3. I'm really sick and tired of WWII. That's why Modern Combat was so big. People finally got something new and it blew up. Going back to WWII and giving it back to the OLD developer is a stupid move. I'll be staying on CoD4 instead of going to this.

I liked COD3. However, I played it on my Wii, and the interactive stuff made it a blast. The way they had you using the wi-mote and nunchuck was cool as hell. I don't think it would have been as fun on either of the other two systems.

I'm on the same boat as you. I actually had it for BOTH the Wii and 360. I pretty much only played the 360 one online and it was crap. I didn't like it at all. There were no lobbies and it was pretty much a game if you want to play by yourself, get killed really fast, and just do whatever. I like playing with teamwork and COD3 did no allow me to do that

So now the main enemy are the Japanese which explains all the jungle environments in the trailers for the game. Should be taking place in China and such.

They've announced that they'll have split-screen co-op online so you can hop on with a friend now. Vehicles for certain maps, but not all.

I'm still not impressed. You can listen to the interview with the guy in charge here (skip to 26 minutes)

http://centracomm.cachefly.net/majornelson/2008/mnr-062008-283-DonKingandmanymanymore-mp3.mp3

Or you can just go to majornelson.com and find it there

Teh Joker X ]

So now the main enemy are the Japanese which explains all the jungle environments in the trailers for the game. Should be taking place in China and such.

Hmm.. you know they are two different countries right, & Japan is an island miles away from China.

Also i think some of the jungle stuff could be from Hawaii..!? ??? (pearl harbor)

I stand corrected.. Japan & China fought one if the first battles of WWII. ;)

On July 7, after long-time plans to conquer China, Japan started what has been called the first battle of World War II. The Japanese army was training near Lugouqiao, a bridge across the Yongding River about ten miles west of Beijing, China, when a soldier went missing. The Japanese accused the Chinese army across the river, of abducting the soldier. The soldier soon turned up, but the Japanese commander had already ordered an attack.

Fighting erupted and within weeks, the Japanese controlled the east-west region from Beijing to Tianjin. President Chiang Kai-shek decided not to appease Japan any further (it had earlier given up Manchuria to Japan to avoid a war). He would fight the Japanese. The Second Sino-Japanese War began.

From Beijing, the Japanese swept towards Nanjing, where Chiang’s Nationalist government, the Guomindang was based. The Chinese battled heroically at Shanghai (a quarter-million soldiers were lost) before they fell to their invaders in October.

Despite international protests, the ineffective League of Nations, refused to mediate the undeclared war. After taking Nanjing in December (which forced Chiang to move his government to the remote Sichuan city of Chongqing), the Japanese carried out one of the most horrific terrorist campaigns in modern warfare. For two months, the soldiers raped an estimated 7000 women, killed hundreds of thousands of troops and civilians who were unarmed (had no weapons), and burned a third of Nanjing’s houses. This incident was known as the Rape of Nanjing. In 1946, only one Japanese general was executed for the Nanjing atrocities.

• 3 weeks later...
Teh Joker X ]

No. That's all I have to say.

They're taking Infinity Ward off this and giving it back to the shitty developers that made CoD3. I'm really sick and tired of WWII. That's why Modern Combat was so big. People finally got something new and it blew up. Going back to WWII and giving it back to the OLD developer is a stupid move. I'll be staying on CoD4 instead of going to this.

dude im agreein with you man it dosn't even look that great

• 3 weeks later...
IrshZ28 ]

Hey Chili, where did you read that the 360 and PC will be able to play together??

I don't have a link but I'm sure it's true.. there's plenty of games that you can play together on 360 and PC because of XBOX Live and Games for Windows (which is now free). Shadowrun is the first one that pops into my mind

I cant find anything besides the same old info that only mentions ShadowRun & Uno. lol

Probably ran into some snags so they aren't announcing anything else till they get it worked out.. (kinda like PSN Home.)

Here is some info about it.

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Community/NewsArticles/Pages/IntroducingGamesforWindows-LIVE.aspx

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Live/Pages/AboutLive.aspx

! well on the computer COD1-3 were amazing, the playstation versions were terrible, but the amazing historical accuracy truly made the game for me, but only on the computer. the vietnam or whatever is a war few games have been able to make popular, but i think if any1 does it it will be the COD developers. there games have made game of the year, and im dissapointed that people dont like it based on the fact its in the jungle and its not futuristic(you think the halo bandwagon would be full by now). but all this is based mainly on the computer version, but i can bet it will still kick ass. chances are it will go back to the older style of gameplay (hopefuly) so theres no noobish juggernaut or perks. it makes the game more realistic and can be more easily acceptable.

It's not that people want FUTURE, it's that people are tired of seeing WWII and want MODERN. All the Call of Duty games, Medal of Honor, they're all WWII. It gets old. CoD4 was so big because it "broke the code" if you will, and was an absolutely amazing game. Not to mention in the single player with the whole "Nuke" scene, it really has everyone on the edge of their seat cuz we know in our minds this could happen tomorrow

COWonCRACK ]

! well on the computer COD1-3 were amazing, the playstation versions were terrible, but the amazing historical accuracy truly made the game for me, but only on the computer. the vietnam or whatever is a war few games have been able to make popular, but i think if any1 does it it will be the COD developers. there games have made game of the year, and im dissapointed that people dont like it based on the fact its in the jungle and its not futuristic(you think the halo bandwagon would be full by now). but all this is based mainly on the computer version, but i can bet it will still kick ass. chances are it will go back to the older style of gameplay (hopefuly) so theres no noobish juggernaut or perks. it makes the game more realistic and can be more easily acceptable.

saddly, all the perks from cod4 are back as well with some new ones, the developers also confimed the return of JUGGERNAUT, martyrdom and last stand, also this game would be game of the year if it went back to the cod1 days, god i love cod1. The new flamethrower feature is really gonna suck online, think about search and destroy and there is dude with a flamethrower guarding the bomb, and he probably has juggernaut.

you can climb up trees supposedly, i don't think it has been confirmed yet though.

why is there such a whine fest over perks?

here are things to do so they dont bug ya...

martyrdom - duh. after you kill someone, how about you back away from them? lol

last stand - so what? i hardly die from it, but yeah..i do get a lot of kills by it.

juggernaut - um, i get headshots..so unless i just killed 2 people and the 3rd in the room has juggernaut..i dont care

i do get annoyed by people who just spray thru walls...but that can happen in real life so oh well...part of the game

JUGGERANUT- usually with p90 and rpd, BIG NOOB, if you use juggernaut, you dont know how to play the game all you do si run around and spray.

martyrdom- is just for people that want to annoy other people

last stand, i dont care much abut it, but i wish i can kill last stand as they go donw to it.

combine anything with juggernaut and you are a noob, specially if a grenade launcher is involved.

i dont use it, but what makes you a noob with jugg? it doesn't help THAT much lol just aim for the head.

Seriously, i roll with a sniper rifle and a submachine gun...and none of these perks bother me. I get bored of how easy I shoot people down so i use weak weapons, only go for headshots, or run around with a pistol just for fun

i know shoot for the head, but what if you don't have a head shot, or not enough time for a head shot, i have 13000 head shots, so i aim for the head all the time, the thing supposedly jugg gives you 1 more bullet, but that is a lie, this only happens on the pc version, same that some say that stopping power is one less bullet and that it cancels jugg out, that happens rarely. i always use 2 classes stopping power AND STEADY AIM.