SOCOM Beta

Guest SuddenRedScare

the closed beta is out already from what i heard, lol. public is what you get from qore and reserving the game, but idk the public beta comes in two parts i think the qore subscribers get it first with the people that reserved the game and some time after it is the regular people that can get it off psn.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Affliction- ]

seriously it just pisses me off, im formally asking that tow and sniper implement a rule against this, its fucking spam and its stupid, next person to do it get a virus. im not kidding.

hah! and as soon as they make it a rule, you'll start rick rolling people ;) hehe

well my sources say that if you pre-ordered the headset bundle that you would get the beta before those who spent only 2.99 on Qore. There is no solid ground that i have found as of yet though. My local Gamestop knows nothing about it as of yet.. and i havnt been able to track any other solid info down.. i would think that they would have to release it very very soon.. cuz it takes a good couple of weeks to get thousands of copies printed and packaged and there still needs to be a public server test.. which is what the public beta really is.. stress testing servers.

there is nothing about this link that should or would shut down a healthy pc. Its a pop up window.. thats is.. it does have some scripts to make it dance around your screen.. but nothing malicious or harmful can come from that link... if you are at work.. this is all the more reason to look at your links in the status bar before clicking... this will save you from any more frustration.. or problems w/ boss.. regardless of what links posted on ANY site.

CDBS14 ]

the closed beta is out already from what i heard' date=' lol. public is what you get from qore and reserving the game, but idk the public beta comes in two parts i think the qore subscribers get it first with the people that reserved the game and some time after it is the regular people that can get it off psn.

[/quote']

The closed Beta has not started yet according to my sources.... Trust me I would know. ;)

Guest SuddenRedScare

You could also simply bring up the task manager and end the browser process. Extremely easy fix for any generally knowledgeable PC user. There shouldn't have been any reason for it to "lock up" your computer. If by "lock up" you meant you had no idea what to do, then I guess I'll give it to you.

Personally, I found it funny as hell. I say this as a friend of Squid, and one who he completely owned with the link, that he in no way meant for it to be anything more than a joke. No need for any hating (or threats with a virus) besides the well worth "Fuck you, Squid," or "Damn, he owned me hard."

That is all.

Playerdown ]
Tinkerbell ]
CDBS14 ]

the closed beta is out already from what i heard' date=' lol. public is what you get from qore and reserving the game, but idk the public beta comes in two parts i think the qore subscribers get it first with the people that reserved the game and some time after it is the regular people that can get it off psn.

[/quote']

The closed Beta has not started yet according to my sources.... Trust me I would know. ;)

Tink, That guy you're sleeping with really isn't a developer. He just uses that to pick up young girls.

Not even funny.... Actually not sleeping with him, were just friends. But thanks for making that implication about me.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Well the problem is, on these forums we should be able to be mature, and post links that are helpful or constructive(hell even post some fun and crazy stuff sometimes). BUT! when we post junk and a bunch of worthless links, thats crash computers, then you might as well as be on the GB forums playing with the rest of the kids.

Now I'm not saying he did it on purpose, and probably just wanted to get a chuckle out of it. I guess this is just a reminder to ALL to please watch what you post on these forums, allot of us do look at these forums from work while on our break or lunch time.

I think we all come here together as ADULTS to be able to trust one another, and that the proper things are being displayed on these forums wether your at work or not. I personally do NOT open any links on any forums till I get home, because umm lets face it.........There are some sick bastards out there, and I hate you all!

P.s. COD4 is dead to me!

I'm glad i didn't click the link after all.

I have been spending around 30 minutes to an hour a day researching the socom beta and here is what i know so far....

They haven't announced when it will come out. Someone on the forums said that at comic-con the producer said it will be out mid september but that doesn't make sense since the game is released mid October.

From what i know the private beta hasn't even started yet but it should start very soon. That will consist of a small number of invite only beta testers.

So basically no official announcement and a bunch of iffy information from random people.

I hope they announce something soon though.

rick rolling isn't that big a deal when it is a link to youtube, or another website but that damn thing just keeps popping up, it wont stop. i had to disconnect my computer, and for a person at work and all of a sudden that song pops out and there is nothing you can do, that must suck.

Pathogen- ]

for SHAME playerdown. If my sexuality wasn't questionable in forums, I'd definitely have the wrong impression about Tink!

You already have the wrong impression but its not what people will think.

In game I tell Noobs in the public room who ask if I am a girl (apparently it matters) that I am in fact a Fat Gay 12 year old Boy. I didn't realize when I said that to you you would be into it. Sorry for giving you the wrong impression about me. ;D