Looks like it's Claymores in Socom

IF they had pointy sticks, rope and pig schit... and you could use it to make booby traps in SOCOM.. I"D be all over that.. I can hear it now.. . SQAWWATT... THUNK.. ARGGGG.. "fricking goat got me with a dayam pungie stick trap..

LMAO!

Seriously though, Viet Nam saw many a good soldier killed by bullshit traps, mines and other devices.. it's part of war.. mines simply mean you need to be cautious and not run around like an idiot on a pogo stick not even watching where you are running.. claymore on the other hand do take planning and most of all it takes surviving to be able to pop the detonator. miss and your stuck with a plastic stick in your hand against an assault rifle..

it's a calculated gamble and its not without its risk.

as for the lame ass way in COD you can spawn kill across the map.. yeah I agree plain ass stupid.. someone once said "COD is dead" or something like that.. (forgot who that was?? mad/luv ) but I don't play it anymore as well. and SOCOM aint' COD .. thank the gamer gods for that one!!

COWonCRACK ]

and as for weapons, the spray and pray shit pisses me off, like any of the submachine guns on COD4, there all more powerfull then the assault rifles. and 90percent of the time, the person just runs around with steady aim and doesnt even have to bother to pull up the iron sights, there is no skill in that.

Up close yea they are great but far away even with a red dot or ACOG its hard to hit anything with a sub machine gun, the Carbine sprays worse then the p90 when firing from the hip up close but from far away when looking down the ACOG it doesn't spray at all so I don't see why you have to get in close when you can get them from medium or far away. Equipped stopping power if you need more power from your assault rifles.

Now about your pulling up the sights stuff how are you gonna run around with your sights up most of the time it doesn't work to good or what happens when someone pulls in front of you and you have no time to pull up your sights how is it not skilled to shoot the person in front of you when they crept up already in their sights from around the corner or how is it skilled sitting there waiting for kills in your sights from on top of a building wheres the skill in that. You see you don't like the sub machine guns because your not an up close person you like to shoot from far away but its ok cuz that's your style of play. Me I like to mix far or close its all good ask General or CDBS they have played with me I'll usually use my carbine from far away and up close like crazy I run around and bum rush it all depends on map, mode, how the beginning of the game goes I use a sub on close combat maps and ill use a assault rifle on far maps and if I'm playing Hardcore its mostly assault rifles you see you can't sit there using the same weapon on every map it just don't work I have a class for every weapon you just gotta adjust to each map and everything will be easy.

Goat that would be sick haha have a trap where if someone trips on a string they fall into a pit of spikes hahaha.

all i ever use is stopping power, no matter what. just because i use assault rifles doesnt mean i camp in buildings, i use assault rifles for everything, even in vacant i prefer one. now i understand in close combat its ok to shoot with out the sight, but every chance i get i bring up my sight, that doesnt mean i run around with my sight up, i just prefer to hit the target. the submachine guns u dont have to do that, ive seen people in overgrown domination spray a mp5 from the sniper ridge into B domination point and kill 2 people while hip firing. the submachine guns are way overpowered and are just as accurate as a g36 or ak-47(submachine guns are also much more powerful). so its a little fustrating when ur in a hardcore match and some noob is spraying a p90 across the map to a window and hits you in the arm through a wall and kills you. the submachine guns take the skill out of shooting and aiming, its like the machine guns in the first socom.

I really hope they go away from the route that CA took where claymores and mines could not be blown up by rifle bullets or grenades. I remember many games on Anchorage demo where we would have 7 or 8 guys lined up in the hallway because the other team had one guy with a claymore on the hallway and one guy on the water and you couldn't do shit because you couldn't blow up the claymore with a nade. Eventually, we sacrificed a lamb and told a newer guy to run through and get blown up by the claymore so the rest of us could flood through. LOL good times.

MAVERICK3324 ]

I really hope they go away from the route that CA took where claymores and mines could not be blown up by rifle bullets or grenades. I remember many games on Anchorage demo where we would have 7 or 8 guys lined up in the hallway because the other team had one guy with a claymore on the hallway and one guy on the water and you couldn't do shit because you couldn't blow up the claymore with a nade. Eventually, we sacrificed a lamb and told a newer guy to run through and get blown up by the claymore so the rest of us could flood through. LOL good times.

lol i remember several wars like that. it was like a bunch of monkeys sitting around thinking "zomg wtf i want that banana now"