Lots of ppl is crying bout this on the PS3 boards>>Leaning

Guest [FBR]LK-CRUSHA

Guest [FBR]LK-CRUSHA

Ok why would ppl cry bout that and want that back?? I do not know why ppl would for real want that back. I mean in socom ca/socom3 all you would hear after someone died was omggggggg i got softspoted and as being a gb ref in socom 3 that is all you heard ppl crying bout if it wasnt lag but still softspottin was the worse complaint and cheapest complaint ever ;). What you guys think on this?? lets hear it, cause in my opinion I like it how its set now.

Guest [FBR]LK-CRUSHA

A softspot is basically when you would lean when leaning worked haha. You would lean into a wall/object and show like a slight edge of your arm but they could not see enough of your body to shoot you but you could shoot them. Thats why im happy there is no leaning. :)

I have found the leaning to be too unreliable for now.

I don't know if it's because it's too touchy or I still have to get used to it.

Popping from around the corner to hit someone running towards you takes timing.

The leaning has been messing with that timing.

I'm debating whether or not I'll be turning it off.

I liked it MUCH better when they used to have the lean using the D-pad.

ALWAYS reliable.

(But then again....considering the servers.....maybe "reliable" wasn't what these guys were going for.....?) LOL

A softspot is basically when you would lean when leaning worked haha. You would lean into a wall/object and show like a slight edge of your arm but they could not see enough of your body to shoot you but you could shoot them. Thats why im happy there is no leaning. :)

Well now if you can see it, you can hit it, bring back the dpad

at3dave ]

what the hell does soft-spotting mean? Sorry.

I always considered a soft spot an area that allowed the player to be hidden by game assets such as a mound of dirt in the ground or a box .. that was intended to be an obstacle or item.. in some cases these boxes or whatever would allow the player to use them for cover.. waaaay back in Bitter Jungle there was a soft spot where you could lay in some grass.. and there was a pile of dirt there that you could actually get INSIDE of.. it was supposed to be a mound.. but you could climb into it.. there have been plenty of these since.. but i dont think that Leaning has anything to do w/ soft spotting..

To me a soft spot is an exploit of the game.. not a controlled feature that the dev gave us.. HOWEVER i will also say that i hate getting shot by leaners ... BUT i was also a guy who leaned.. so i do miss it and dont like the way the Six Axis make me work to get it to lean.. and it doesnt stay precise..