THIS IS RIDICULOUS

D_dubYa ]

lol WHAT A NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why.. so i can be pissed off like everyone else. lol

My games play perfect out of the box. ;)

I waited to see how Socom was before i made my purchase, & played the beta which let me know, i made the right decision.!!

You can call it a n00b, but i call it smart shopping.. not buying like a fanboy.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... network failing. Can't log on to the game I spent my hard earned $60 on last week. Nice. If I knew I could get my money back from Gamestop... I would at this point. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! How do you sell an online game that doesn't work? And I'm sorry, but whoever is defending this crap needs to look at this again. I spent my money on this game and can't play it? HOw do you defend that!?!?!

Wow... network failing. Can't log on to the game I spent my hard earned $60 on last week. Nice. If I knew I could get my money back from Gamestop... I would at this point. THIS IS RIDICULOUS! How do you sell an online game that doesn't work? And I'm sorry, but whoever is defending this crap needs to look at this again. I spent my money on this game and can't play it? HOw do you defend that!?!?!

How about we call this a special $60 bucks socom preorder bundle that features exclusive beta access with all games features and maps.

you can all whine all you want, but i rather be playing right now than waiting another2-3 month for the game to release and if you feel different, well this is what you can do: stop playing till we say everything is fixed and works perfectly. that would give you the same experience as to wait for the delayed release of Socom 2-3 month later. ;)

D_dubYa... What you just said, says more about you then it could ever say about me. LOL I'll just consider the source and stay above that low ground you're treading on. ;)

Hellraiser, you may be right, but how frustrating is this? I mean c'mon... I can't play on a Saturday night? I have to wait till the servers aren't full? LMFAO!

D_dubYa ]

Im sorry, but I will defend this. And to be called out by people who like an unpatriotic racist for presidential candidate, it means nothing to me.

Dang Dub, that's pretty harsh. We are just talking about a video game here. You don't happen to work for Slant 6?

I just made a post on my clan site, it went like this: "the good news is it seems to get a little better every day".

Today was better than yesterday, today was a WHOLE lot better than 3 days ago.

I'm not so sure why you feel the need to defend a video game with such zeal. But to each their own. Just try not to let an opposing opinion bother you so much.

Hog, I feel the need to defend them because EVERYONE is all pissy. It makes no sense bro. We have the game in hand, rather we we can play it or not, we have it. This whole elections BS is pissin me off even more. But I wont get into that, your right, its about a game. A game that I am more than happy to have in my hand, rather i can play it or not. I dunno, I think Im using logic when the games already paid for and I have it in hand rather than delay it even longer. But some people will never be happy and will always find shit to bitch about.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one seriously ticked off that I can't play a game I bought. I bought the game/headset bundle and to me it feels like I got a bonus beta disk along with my headset. It'd be nice to be able to play when I have time (ie, late at night). Maybe we'll get a "late-night player" expansion pack-- $14.99 for guaranteed late-night play and logging into the server with special priority.

I played the beta and had to endure tons of Slant Sux bootlickers telling me that "the beta is old code", "Slant Sux has a gold copy of the beta already", "the release won't have these same problems"-- Now, they're saying, "give them a chance, it just was released", "they'll fix it, give it time", "don't be so hard on them, they're trying".

Well, piss on that. I just played the Resistance 2 Beta. And while it's not exactly my cup of tea, it was smooth, slick and not a single hiccup with TONS of people playing online and in the rooms and maps at once. Oh, and it already went "Gold". Insomniac knows how to do it. Slant Sux needs to get some pointers from the R2 team on how to roll out a beta and get it done. R2 has offline and online campaigns, massive player numbers and it just feels polished and slick. SOCOM on the other hand feels like a rushed beta. Sony should have anticipated that at least everyone who bought a copy of the game would be online to play it and allow some overhead. It's a shame that an anchor franchise that has it's home on the PS3 is going to go down in history as the exact thing not to do when releasing a major MULTI-MILLION UNIT franchise game. Slant Sux and Sony should have been prepared, come on.

On a positive note, the bit I've been able to play since purchasing this game has been pretty good. It should be-- it's basically 20 weapons, 7 maps and online only, I expect it to be fucking spectacular. So far, it's been like getting a lapdance from the ugliest stripper in the club but it's kinda dark, and you don't mind so much because your half drunk but horny as hell. Oh wait... :-X

I don't want "barely acceptable". I don't want "potentially awesome". I want it to kick ass, and i want it to kick ass NOW. They already have my money. Right now it's like I just loaned them some money. And everyone knows that fronting is for fools.

Well, you know nothing about me Dubya. I've defended Zipper and Socom over the past two years from clans I've been in who moved on. I AM a Socom fanboy. I admit it. I'm not a person that bitches a lot about anything. But when you take my $60 for a game that doesn't play... I'm going to bitch a little. It has ran fine over the past two days and I love the game itself. This makes no sense though now on a Saturday night when I want to play and I can't cause the servers are full. If I would have known that there would be a line to get in every time I want to play I might not have bought this game.

And you were way out of line with the racist unpatriotic comment dude. ::)

How is it unappropriate? its a fact, but i still dont understand, what is the difference between preordering it(already paying for it) and having it in hand after you payed for it? Either way, its paid for and you cant play it, its the same except you already have it. But Im done, because this is only going to get worse and some people will never see it the way I see it. Im happy and if you dont wunna be, thats cool, do what you do.

D_dubYa ]

How is it unappropriate? its a fact, but i still dont understand, what is the difference between preordering it(already paying for it) and having it in hand after you payed for it? Either way, its paid for and you cant play it, its the same except you already have it. But Im done, because this is only going to get worse and some people will never see it the way I see it. Im happy and if you dont wunna be, thats cool, do what you do.

If there was no difference, then they'd have just pushed the release back again. :-\

D_dubYa ]

Hog, I feel the need to defend them because EVERYONE is all pissy. It makes no sense bro. We have the game in hand, rather we we can play it or not, we have it. This whole elections BS is pissin me off even more. But I wont get into that, your right, its about a game. A game that I am more than happy to have in my hand, rather i can play it or not. I dunno, I think Im using logic when the games already paid for and I have it in hand rather than delay it even longer. But some people will never be happy and will always find shit to bitch about.

Peace bro'. You're right, some people will bitch no matter what, I hear them online everytime they die. I'm getting shot through walls but I tell myself "at least I'm able to play". And that's my only point. Glitches in the game are to be expected. Not being able to log in and play is unacceptable, and Slant 6 and all other game makers should and need to understand that.

If we don't throw a fuss when a game doesn't work as advertised, then the next game will be worse, and so on, so on, and so on. They make games to earn money. We pay for games for enjoyment. If they make games that people can't play once purchased, then something needs to be fixed.

Slant 6 is fixing the problem, which is good. WE are chewing on their ear which is also good. They took our money on the promise of something "fantastic", we should stop complaining when we get "great". But we ain't there yet.