PS3 red flashing light

My launch 20GB just died too. Has COD in it and I did it all online, in the notes I stated that COD was in it and I saw on the paperwork it had a spot asking if there was a game inside.

Now my question is how long did it take to get the prepaid box? I filled it out on Thursday afternoon and got the emails almost immediately. Is it UPS or USPS?

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

One of my boys has this issue right now and his is on the way to Sony Monday morning. Merry Freakin Christmas eh. That intercooler isn't such a bad idea now is it?

I have trouble with mine locking up, but when I have the intercooler on it, it doesn't. Thing might actually work? But then again playing for 14 hours on a Saturday probably doesn't help either.

I am sorry to hear all you guys without games for awhile, but this shit makes me laugh. Only because the "machine with better hardware" is having the same problems as the competition. I'm sure worldwide there will be more and more cases of this popping up. I know alot of the guys here aren't irresponsible kids, so I assume that most of these(uf incidents) were in well ventilated areas, yet it's happening.

I'm not trying to slam Sony, I'm just pointing out that BOTH companies are shitty. Both systems have great qualities and horrible ones. And the way it always seems to go, you may as well have both systems, so you can play one while the other is in for repairs. :D

BigMoneyNacku ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]

One of my boys has this issue right now and his is on the way to Sony Monday morning. Merry Freakin Christmas eh. That intercooler isn't such a bad idea now is it?

I have trouble with mine locking up, but when I have the intercooler on it, it doesn't. Thing might actually work? But then again playing for 14 hours on a Saturday probably doesn't help either.

I am sorry to hear all you guys without games for awhile, but this shit makes me laugh. Only because the "machine with better hardware" is having the same problems as the competition. I'm sure worldwide there will be more and more cases of this popping up. I know alot of the guys here aren't irresponsible kids, so I assume that most of these(uf incidents) were in well ventilated areas, yet it's happening.

I'm not trying to slam Sony, I'm just pointing out that BOTH companies are shitty. Both systems have great qualities and horrible ones. And the way it always seems to go, you may as well have both systems, so you can play one while the other is in for repairs. :D

The difference is if it was as problematic as the 360 a LOT more would be here not just 4 or 5 people. Again 3% is the norm, if it happens that these few are within the 3% so be it. 360 was well past that 3% even though we may never know the true numbers.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]

a couple of our xbot members either sold their 360's and bought a ps3 or got a ps3 for xmas :D

Found this on the Playstation forums and thought it would be some good info for a few of you.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=2749209

I also found somewhere that the majority of the Yellow light failures were actually power supply failures, NOT overheating! Which kind of pisses me off. I have my A+ Certification which basically means I know how to disassemble and reassemble PCs. Now technically the newer consoles are PCs, obviously the cell processor is different but the other components are just slimmed down or modified so you would think we should be able to replace a Power Supply relatively easily. The part should run around $50. I kind of feel like an auto mechanic that can't fix his own car because a brake pad that is needed HAS to be supplied and repaired AT the dealer and ONLY the dealer.

Lockdown ]

yeah it's fast and east' date=' I've done it 3 times, getting ready to do it again when I find the money, that's if I can't find a cheaper one on ebay first. Call them, let them know you have the game in the system, send the case and make sure you put your name on the game case. I went the extra step and stuck a post it note sticking out of the disc slot that there was a game of mine that needed to be removed and returned. You'll have it back in a week to 2 weeks max.

Done what 3 times..? (and about to do it again)

SHANE23 ]

The difference is if it was as problematic as the 360 a LOT more would be here not just 4 or 5 people. Again 3% is the norm, if it happens that these few are within the 3% so be it. 360 was well past that 3% even though we may never know the true numbers.

3% is what is normal.. the PS3 is just catching up.. it was released a year later remember. ;D

Johnson - hehe ;)

Not sure if this is related to the PS3 wave of death, but if it is, just google "wave of death" and it will show u the steps to take to restore your PS3. I had a clan member who experienced the wave a month ago. When u turn the PS3 on, it wont put your game menu up, it just has the wave running across the screen and u cant do anything else. Hope this may help