CoD4: 50% off Variety Maps, new playlist and double XP

Call of Duty 4's own Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling just posted that, all next week, there will be a huge CoD4 celebration. One that's full of money savings, experience earning and new playlist playing.

Beginning Tuesday, February 24, the Variety Map Pack will be priced at 50% off the normal 800 / $10 admission fee. Then, on Friday, February 27, Infinity Ward will welcome gamers into the multiplayer mix by flipping the CoD4 double XP switch to the "ON" position. Finally, fourzerotwo himself will be pulling an all-nighter Friday night and adding a new Hardcore Headquarters playlist for the double XP killing shenanigans. It's a week-long Call of Duty 4 party, just without the booze, party streamers and all the post-party cleanup.

Sw3RvE ]

will it be 50% off for PSN as well as XBL ?

Hard-ish to find explicitly, but it states the offer is for XBL and PSN... which only makes sense as Killzone 2 is released the same weekend, I believe.

http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2009/02/17/big-call-of-duty-4-promotion-starting-feb-27th/#idc-ctools

Sw3RvE ]

Yea it doesn't say which system, so im guessing it is on both.

MaluNYMets ]

Good post.

He always makes the best posts..! (Nemesis' date=' you want a job.. more like an internship ;))

CpDude05 ]

This really pisses me off. I just bought the map pack on monday. lol

LMAO.. :P

CDBS14 ]

lol the maps suck' date=' except for killhouse.

[/quote']No way man.. I like them a lot.!!

Chili-Palmer ]
Sw3RvE ]

Yea it doesn't say which system, so im guessing it is on both.

MaluNYMets ]

Good post.

He always makes the best posts..! (Nemesis' date=' you want a job.. more like an internship ;))

CpDude05 ]

This really pisses me off. I just bought the map pack on monday. lol

LMAO.. :P

CDBS14 ]

lol the maps suck' date=' except for killhouse.

[/quote']No way man.. I like them a lot.!!

creek is a one sided map, same goes for broadcast. and chinatown is a cheap version of CARENTAN. they should have just given us carentan which is the original from cod1.

Or maybe bocage or shipyard, those maps were fun.

Sw3RvE ]

they probably want to keep as many people on cod4 as possible so when modern warfare 2 comes out it will have a good base.

There's really no need to worry about that changing. CoD4 is still the third most played game on XBL. People still love the game. Hell, I still play it whenever I get the chance.