NEW PSP

VG247 has learned that PSP-4000 does have a sliding front-screen, with a highly-trusted source confirming fresh details on the unannounced machine this morning.

PSP-4000 is not PSP2, but rather a “complete aesthetic overhaul†based on existing PSP tech.

Much is now known by some parties of the console, which will be announced at either GDC or E3 this year, but cards are currently being clutched very tightly to chests.

The revamp does have a sliding front-screen, and we’re assured the design being currently touted isn’t a million miles away from this now-infamous image.

Eurogamer rumoured PSP-4000 for a 2009 release in December last year, and our source confirmed this to be the case today.

Sony has constantly denied PSP2 is in the works: now you know why.

Rumour? This is not a test, Ringo. Comprendez vous?

Source: VG247.com

MIGHT LOOK LIKE THIS

2257628900_7241af74be.jpg

Hopefully this will revive the stagnant PSP game development arena. I have barely picked up my PSP because of the lack of new titles released. If this can encourage developers to produce some new material I'm all for it. The picture makes it look really hot and it might even replace my iPhone for watching movies on the subway.

One thing I'd love to see is some built in memory...but I won't hold my breathe.

clone4576 ]

Hopefully this will revive the stagnant PSP game development arena. I have barely picked up my PSP because of the lack of new titles released. If this can encourage developers to produce some new material I'm all for it. The picture makes it look really hot and it might even replace my iPhone for watching movies on the subway.

One thing I'd love to see is some built in memory...but I won't hold my breathe.

couldnt agree more... the last game i bought for mine was final fantasy tactics... they need to work on software before hardware

Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]

MIGHT LOOK LIKE THIS

2257628900_7241af74be.jpg

That looks AWESOME.!!

Great for long flights or road trips. :)

That pic has already confirmed to be a fake. Its been around for at least a year now. Its an artist rendition from a gaming magazine of what they would "like" to see.

Sharkbait2 ]

i have a hong kong account.... they have the resident evils or "biohazards"... but there were thousands of playstation games and about 20 are listed on the store... pretty pitiful.

yea hong kong usually has nothing, but JAPAN omg, its hard to navigate cause it is in Japanese but once you find them you can get pretty much all the classic RE games. The hong kong is just easier to navigate since it is in english

I was browsing the EU store and noticed that the difference in games is amazing, especially for the PSP. I wonder why this is the case. They have the Resistance Retribution demo.

On the same subject, does anybody know if there is a site that gives the transfer rate for money? For example: They have Medal of Honor Hero's 2 for 14.99 pounds. What is that in U.S. currency?

IRISH BULL ]

I was browsing the EU store and noticed that the difference in games is amazing, especially for the PSP. I wonder why this is the case. They have the Resistance Retribution demo.

On the same subject, does anybody know if there is a site that gives the transfer rate for money? For example: They have Medal of Honor Hero's 2 for 14.99 pounds. What is that in U.S. currency?

Here is a good conversion site: http://www.xe.com/ucc/

14.99 pounds = 21.3984 usd