Track Your Trophies on PlayStation.com

pscomtrophy300x21601461.jpg

Earlier today, Eric Lempel announced a new feature that will be coming to the PlayStation site…a trophy cabinet! Best of all, the feature becomes available tomorrow!

This is only the first phase of what is to come and currently only allows you to view your own Trophies and lists, however additional features will be added throughout the year including the ability to compare your Trophies to those of other users. All that is required is that you have a PSN account and visit PlayStation.com, though you’ll also need at least one Trophy-enabled game and a synced account before you’ll be able to see your own collection.

It’s nothing too fancy right now, but it’s definitely a step in the right direction towards the many features that the Trophy community has been wanting.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/272/

There is still one question remaining, but it seems to be more a matter of ‘when’ and not ‘if’. When will Sony release that all-important feed to developers so the community can start utilizing this information for its own purposes?

lol i have like 25. 5 from socom and almost all the ones from DEAD SPACE. i am working on my last one now, which is beating the game with only a plasma cutter. Then i will have all of them for that game. I play too many big maps to get socom trophies. i need to start playing small maps so i can get more kills in a smaller amount of time.

So IF trophies EARNED you cool shit (like maybe some kind of gamer points that you could spend in the PS store) I would care. But since they dont relay do anything and most other folks dont look at yours- I am wondering why have em?

It is cool to see that you "unlocked" a trophy in game when you do something cool... It would just be better if you could use your hours invested toward something.

It could even be game specific- Like get 80% trophy's in a game and get 50% off the map pack, expansion pack, or free exclusive PSN back ground for the game etc. Whatever- Just make it mean something and it would be SO much more interesting to play games more often and buy more titles IMO.