Official Chicago Sports Thread

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah baby Hawks are moving on!! Things are looking up now because the Ducks are going to knock off San Jose in 3 minutes so it will be the Hawks and Vancouver next series. Maybe we will get lucky and the Ducks will beat Detroit for us.

Go Bulls finish off those dirty irishmen!!

Yup, we got the Canucks in round 2. I would be ecstatic if the Ducks can pull off a Cinderella by taking out Detroit. First thing is first though, the Hawks need to take care of business in Vancouver. I see the Hawks winning it in 6.

Now tomorrow hopefully Da Bulls can swing the series back to Chicago with a 3-2 lead, with a win tomorrow night (6 PM CST on TNT)! All this action and the NFL draft has taken my attention off the miserable play of the Cubs. :-[

BacklasH ]

Yup, we got the Canucks in round 2. I would be ecstatic if the Ducks can pull off a Cinderella by taking out Detroit. First thing is first though, the Hawks need to take care of business in Vancouver. I see the Hawks winning it in 6.

Now tomorrow hopefully Da Bulls can swing the series back to Chicago with a 3-2 lead, with a win tomorrow night (6 PM CST on TNT)! All this action and the NFL draft has taken my attention off the miserable play of the Cubs. :-[

what cubs? :P

Agreed, but I think the Bulls can play right there with anyone not named Cleveland in the conference. I LAUGH at all the so-called "experts" that picked the Celtics to sweep or win in 5. Stephan A. Smith (self proclaimed genius ::)) and Barkley didn't have the Bulls winning a single game. Now these experts say the Bulls will never win in Boston (Games 5 and 7). I mean are they really that simple minded? The Bulls took Game 1 and lost Game 2 on a last second shot in Boston earlier in the series. Now it's a guarantee they won't win in Boston?! Give me a break.

Unreal...Boston wins 106-104 in OT...Should have been a flagrant foul on Rondo, he flat out open hand smacked Miller in the face and knocked out a tooth...We had a chance though with Miller shooting 2 free throws. He's an 85% free throw shooter, but in that kind of pain you can't hate on him. He had to shoot those free throws, no way Del Negro takes him out and allows Rivers to pick the shooter. We gotta get em now in Chicago and take it to them in Boston in game 7.

This is the reason so many people can't stomach the NBA anymore. The Refs are flat out awful. They use way to much subjectivity and officiating in almost every playoff series has been downright awful. It's a shame the game has come to this, but when Dwight can get away with elbowing a guy in the head (intentionally and blatantly) and Rondo can get away with punching Miller on a sure layup that he had no play on the ball is disgraceful.

I can't stand the way these games are officiated. It's like these Refs think (and the announcers on TNT said the same thing) "Ok we just gave Chicago the last call, so even though this one is just as bad as the previous foul we won't call it to keep foul distribution even." WTF....Call the game the way it's meant to be called or the Commish needs to get some new Refs in there. Unbelievable.

Oh and I love how since Game 1 Garnett has gotten away with cursing out Bulls players like some tough guy on the bench. I'm glad Ben was the bigger man last night, just walking away as KG called him every name in the book from about a foot away from Ben's face. He should be banned from the bench if he continues. Just typical asshole KG...If he's so tough then get on the court and play. The guy is a joke.

042909bull_cst_feed_20090428_23_14_01_8671-190-270.imageContent