Modern Warfare 2 has Third Person.!!!

Zipper set the bar for a lot of things IMO the clan support was just one especially for it's time.

Another is host migration. I saw a MW2 video where they featured there new host migration. You know the new one where when the host gets booted or leaves and the game pauses while it finds a new host. Are we supposed to be impressed by that? Zipper has had flawless host migration since the PS2 days another thing that even /6 got right.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my problem with TPS is the aiming, the feel when shooting someone.. the sig sag bs..and the damn corner camping..the fatc that you can just hide and wait for the guy to be close to pop out and shoot.. pisses me off cause it's and unfair method for R&G like my self.. im moving around.. avoiding getting killed.. looking for someone and there's this guy watching the whole map behind a wall.. waiting without any risk.. i cant see him cause he's behind a wall.. but he can see me cause HE IS behind a wall... then im getting closer to him and he pops out and kills me. odds of killing someone hiding behind a wall? 15% chance.

COD has campers.. but these are unaware of their surrounding cause they cant see past where they are hiding from.. and if they want to look and see.. they know they can give their position away or get shot. and they know better than to stay in one spot cause the enemy knows where he's at... Socom you can camp and without nades it could be impossible to kill you..

MarauderHD ]

I wonder now about clan support... If they improved that any. I'm guessing not but we didn't know about TPS until lately. So maybe...

Unfortunately, I'm hearing its the same clan support. Which is nothing. Because being able to put 3-4 letters in front of your name is not clan support. Hopefully everything else makes this more bearable.

Hellraiser ]

my problem with TPS is the aiming, the feel when shooting someone.. the sig sag bs..and the damn corner camping..the fatc that you can just hide and wait for the guy to be close to pop out and shoot.. pisses me off cause it's and unfair method for R&G like my self.. im moving around.. avoiding getting killed.. looking for someone and there's this guy watching the whole map behind a wall.. waiting without any risk.. i cant see him cause he's behind a wall.. but he can see me cause HE IS behind a wall... then im getting closer to him and he pops out and kills me. odds of killing someone hiding behind a wall? 15% chance.

COD has campers.. but these are unaware of their surrounding cause they cant see past where they are hiding from.. and if they want to look and see.. they know they can give their position away or get shot. and they know better than to stay in one spot cause the enemy knows where he's at... Socom you can camp and without nades it could be impossible to kill you..

I agree with you on the corner camping Hell Raiser. I on the other hand have accepted it and use that strategy myself. I consider it a trade off for the peripheral vision that I personally have a hard time playing without. I enjoy being able to see clearly where my guys feet are and knowing what obstacles might be in my way.

I used to hate FPS. I always felt like I was driving a tank. Ever since Doom days, oh and Wolfenstein. But I have these days gotten used to it. You can hear your steps. And I have actually learned to time my jumps etc. To me it has become more life like then TPS. But I don't mind TPS I can go which ever although sometimes in TPS I tend to fell like my dude is in my way. And I have started to like the aiming where you hit your L1 and you can look down your sights.

I don't mind TPS or FPS. But if I had to pick, I would go with FPS. I just want a game with exceptional graphics/sound and great gameplay, and that works. So far, this appears to have it. Granted, that remains to be seen.

Hell, I just put in MW1 about a month ago to finish the single player version. I forgot what an awesome game it was and is. I cannot wait for MW2. CAN-NOT WAIT!

IRISH BULL ]

I don't mind TPS or FPS. But if I had to pick, I would go with FPS. I just want a game with exceptional graphics/sound and great gameplay, and that works. So far, this appears to have it. Granted, that remains to be seen.

Hell, I just put in MW1 about a month ago to finish the single player version. I forgot what an awesome game it was and is. I cannot wait for MW2. CAN-NOT WAIT!

You and HellRaiser should just get a room already. :P

CDBS14 ]

am i the only person who never gets stuck while walking on an FPS? i seem to walk around normally without any issues.

Bottom line is IMO I have my reason for liking the view the way I do and you have your reasons for liking the view you do. We can sit here and debate our sides till we are blue in the face but one is not going to convert the other. There are other things here and there that I prefer in Socom as compared to MW and I'm sure the opposite is true for you. Either way you like your style of game and I like mine. I will dabble with MW2 but I doubt I will play it for any length of time because I prefer my style of game. I can tell you this if there was a decent game of Socom out right now I would not even buy MW2 or MAG. The only other game I would need to make my gaming life complete would be GT5.

BigMoneyNacku ]
IRISH BULL ]

You and HellRaiser should just get a room already. :P

I would. But he's more than a car ride away. :laugh:

Crusty_Demons ]
CDBS14 ]

am i the only person who never gets stuck while walking on an FPS? i seem to walk around normally without any issues.

Bottom line is IMO I have my reason for liking the view the way I do and you have your reasons for liking the view you do. We can sit here and debate our sides till we are blue in the face but one is not going to convert the other. There are other things here and there that I prefer in Socom as compared to MW and I'm sure the opposite is true for you. Either way you like your style of game and I like mine. I will dabble with MW2 but I doubt I will play it for any length of time because I prefer my style of game. I can tell you this if there was a decent game of Socom out right now I would not even buy MW2 or MAG. The only other game I would need to make my gaming life complete would be GT5.

im not doubting your opinion at all, what i questions is that for many SOCOM players one of their major issues with COD is the fact they get stuck while walking or the fact they cant see their feet, this just baffles me.

MarauderHD ]

In Driving games which view do you prfefer?

TP or FP?

That's a funny question. I used to be a TP player only because the angles never seemed right. Until Forza 2 came out and drastically improved cockpit view. I now use that exclusively. Forza three has an even more impressive cockpit view!!

MarauderHD ]

In Driving games which view do you prfefer?

TP or FP?

I actually still play in first person. I love the reality of it all I guess. I shouldnt be able to see behind me in a car unless looking in the rearview so thats how I play

OLD_STYLE1975 ]

Im a big socom fan and a fan of the tps. I have no problem getting around in a FPS. I do however have a problem with any military type game with no clan support!!!!!!! if mw1 had any clan support im sure i would have played it longer. If mw2 has no clan support i wont spend alot of time on that game either.

clan support? you have a clan tag? what more do you need? lol private rooms are there, so you are fine.

On racing games in like third person, i just like admiring my awesome car.

CDBS14 ]
OLD_STYLE1975 ]

Im a big socom fan and a fan of the tps. I have no problem getting around in a FPS. I do however have a problem with any military type game with no clan support!!!!!!! if mw1 had any clan support im sure i would have played it longer. If mw2 has no clan support i wont spend alot of time on that game either.

clan support? you have a clan tag? what more do you need? lol private rooms are there' date=' so you are fine.

[/quote']

Yea, I have to agree. The only real reason I can see why you would absolutely need clan support is if you utilize the tournament features offered by the game. But that's what Urgent Fury is for. That, and if your clan doesn't have its own website.

The only thing I see that socom has that this doesn't is the ability to distinguish a leader(different rank symbol) and a clan rooster. Unless they have changed something from MW. I'm not sure how either of those effect game play. Everyone has a tag, you can play in party's or private matches with your clan. I must be missing something about whats so great about the current socom clan system in confrontation. :P

Well for instance let's say you Snowbud and a few other Night Stalker or playing some MW. There is a guy in the room who wants to be a joker or wants people to think he is with you while he acts a fool and runs off at the mouth. All he has to do is put on your tag and now to anyone who is not the wiser he is with you. I just don't like the fact that anyone that wants to wear any tag they want can do it in an instant.

I hear ya, it's annoying but if you think about it Crusty nothing stops me currently on socom from going and making a roster with your clan name and your tag. Its the same thing just a couple more steps are involved ya know??? I don't think anyone can say what will happen until the game comes out, maybe the added more clan features, unless its been confirmed that they haven't??? I'm not sure to be honest but I mean their adding a TPS game mode who would of thought that was coming? Not me and I doubt most of the fans of the series either.

I agree I think it's just speculation at this point. No one really knows because they haven't talked about it. In Socom if you are in a clan and want to copy my tag you would have to leave the game go to the menu leave your clan make a new clan to copy my tag. It's a drawn out process that just isn't worth the time. This explains why I have seen people copy tags in MW and haven't seen it in Socom.

Don't get me wrong I am going to buy the game in fact it's already paid for. It's just the little things that all add up to me knowing I won't have long term interest in this game. I played MW for about 3 months before I went back to S3/CA. I have played MW on occasion since then but nothing regular.

Crusty_Demons ]

As long as Infinity Ward says you guys don't need it your good right? :angel:

That really has nothing to do with it. Like Snowbud said, anybody can start a clan with the same tags. Granted, it takes a couple of more steps, but that's it. The only game I've seen that prevented that was Killzone 2. But I thought it was dumb.

Also, no offense, but you summed up my argument with this one statement:

Crusty_Demons ] I played MW for about 3 months before I went back to S3/CA. I have played MW on occasion since then but nothing regular.

You went back to PS2 game over a PS3 game because it had SOCOM on the front of it. Once I bought my PS3, I took all of my PS2 games to Gamestop for credit. They looked and sounded horrible compared to a PS3 game.

IMO, I don't think MW2 will have the same "stale" effect as MW1. As someone has said in another post. ;)