Transformers out on DVD SOON!

Well all those Transformers fans like me should be excited to know yiou won't have to wait much longer to own it for life and watch it as many times as you want. Because it officially releases on October 16th. But one thing that is really tourqing me off is the fact that it is not coming out on BluRay but exclusively releasing on HD-DVD and DVD. This fricking rights bullshit is pissing me off and I can't believe I won't be able to watch it on High Def unless I buy one of those worthless HD-DVD players. So I will just go ahead and by it on DVD and then maybe get an upconverter to watch it in near High Def. That would be way cheaper then buying one of those HD-DVD players. Just my opinion. Still doesn't detract from my excitement that the movie is coming out very soon.

I think the assholes over at microsoft and the jerks at sony really need to just stop the bullshit.

The DVD is a damn standard that isnt even that old, and already they want to hit us up with 2 new choices, both of which are proprietary.

Yeah I know everyone wants to make money, yada yada yada.. but comon. In the end the consumer is ultimately the one buying the product, and getting screwed in the long wrong.

Transformers was an AWESOME movie, and I think its absolute BULLSHIT that its exclusive to HD DVD.

I mean really what the hell is the difference between HD DVD, and BLURAY? Bottom line is they're both high defenition DVD's which tons of rooms for alot of goodies.

Aside from that who the hell cares that one can hold more data than the other.. they both look great, and they both have pretty much equal advantages over that of the DVD. So then what the hell is the point of screwing the little guy who has to cough up a bunch of money to choose between a bluray player or an HD dvd player.

Sorry for the rant, but these tech companies need to stop the bullshit, and start thinking about us.. the people who use the shit in the long run.

</rant>

NEO-X ]

I think the assholes over at microsoft and the jerks at sony really need to just stop the bullshit.

The DVD is a damn standard that isnt even that old, and already they want to hit us up with 2 new choices, both of which are proprietary.

Yeah I know everyone wants to make money, yada yada yada.. but comon.  In the end the consumer is ultimately the one buying the product, and getting screwed in the long wrong.

Transformers was an AWESOME movie, and I think its absolute BULLSHIT that its exclusive to HD DVD.

I mean really what the hell is the difference between HD DVD, and BLURAY?  Bottom line is they're both high defenition DVD's which tons of rooms for alot of goodies.

Aside from that who the hell cares that one can hold more data than the other.. they both look great, and they both have pretty much equal advantages over that of the DVD.  So then what the hell is the point of screwing the little guy who has to cough up a bunch of money to choose between a bluray player or an HD dvd player.

Sorry for the rant, but these tech companies need to stop the bullshit, and start thinking about us.. the people who use the shit in the long run.

</rant>

Unfortunatley it is not just Sony and Microsoft that are involved and with the growth of the digital era the need for more space is just a side effect. You can now get a 500GB HDD for $110 to tell you how it is going.

The reason it is HD DVD exclusive is not because of Microsoft either, it is the creator - producer of the movie. They have decided which format they are going to go with and they are sticking with it.

It still looks good as a DVD on PS3 as stated earlier but I would love to see it from a Blue Ray.

SHANE23 ]
NEO-X ]

Yeah I know everyone wants to make money, yada yada yada.. but comon. In the end the consumer is ultimately the one buying the product, and getting screwed in the long wrong.

I mean really what the hell is the difference between HD DVD, and BLURAY? Bottom line is they're both high defenition DVD's which tons of rooms for alot of goodies.

Aside from that who the hell cares that one can hold more data than the other.. they both look great, and they both have pretty much equal advantages over that of the DVD. So then what the hell is the point of screwing the little guy who has to cough up a bunch of money to choose between a bluray player or an HD dvd player.

</rant>

Unfortunatley it is not just Sony and Microsoft that are involved and with the growth of the digital era the need for more space is just a side effect. You can now get a 500GB HDD for $110 to tell you how it is going.

The reason it is HD DVD exclusive is not because of Microsoft either, it is the creator - producer of the movie. They have decided which format they are going to go with and they are sticking with it.

It still looks good as a DVD on PS3 as stated earlier but I would love to see it from a Blue Ray.

Dude, you missed my point entirely.

In the end Bluray and HD DVD are pretty much the same shit.

I mean lets go back a few years..

When the majority of house holds had VCR's, had they said.. we're exlusively releasing this on DVD.. they you'd be forced to upgrade.. thats fine. (becasue there is a huge advantage to having the dvd version over the vhs)

But in this case, both blue ray and hd dvd have minimal differences between the two.. which is what im the most pissed about.

Same shit, different name.

NEO-X ]
SHANE23 ]
NEO-X ]

Yeah I know everyone wants to make money, yada yada yada.. but comon.  In the end the consumer is ultimately the one buying the product, and getting screwed in the long wrong.

I mean really what the hell is the difference between HD DVD, and BLURAY?  Bottom line is they're both high defenition DVD's which tons of rooms for alot of goodies.

Aside from that who the hell cares that one can hold more data than the other.. they both look great, and they both have pretty much equal advantages over that of the DVD.  So then what the hell is the point of screwing the little guy who has to cough up a bunch of money to choose between a bluray player or an HD dvd player.

</rant>

Dude, you missed my point entirely.

In the end Bluray and HD DVD are pretty much the same shit.

I mean lets go back a few years..

When the majority of house holds had VCR's, had they said.. we're exlusively releasing this on DVD.. they you'd be forced to upgrade.. thats fine. (becasue there is a huge advantage to having the dvd version over the vhs)

But in this case, both blue ray and hd dvd have minimal differences between the two.. which is what im the most pissed about.

Same shit, different name.

I didn't miss the point and you are WAY off if you think they are the same with different names. Blue-Ray has 100GB capacity UNCOMPRESSED where HD-DVD is NO WHERE NEAR THAT!! That is not minimal!!!

In terms of putting out 1080P then yes they are the same but when the next output comes out, Blue Ray will be able to handle the extra space required, HD DVD won't.

SHANE23 ]
NEO-X ]

</rant>

the only reason it is not on blu-ray is becuase paramount and dreamworks was paid by hd-dvd 150million to be exclusive to hd-dvd for 18 months.

Too many issues in this thread.. but I'll give it a spin.

FYI i am not taking sides in this.. I'm just going to buy a HD disc player once the war is over.

SHANE23 ]

I didn't miss the point and you are WAY off if you think they are the same with different names. Blue-Ray has 100GB capacity UNCOMPRESSED where HD-DVD is NO WHERE NEAR THAT!! That is not minimal!!!

In terms of putting out 1080P then yes they are the same but when the next output comes out, Blue Ray will be able to handle the extra space required, HD DVD won't.

Blu-Ray does have the capacity of 100GB, but how much do they use on their movies..? ("NO WHERE NEAR THAT!!") Not to mention if they ever get close to using most of the 100GB, it will be because of the extras (special features) NOT the quality.. so what is it about "100GB" that really makes you think it is such a big difference..? (it is minimal ..lol)

Som3_R3tard ]

the only reason it is not on blu-ray is because paramount and dreamworks was paid by hd-dvd 150million to be exclusive to hd-dvd for 18 months.

You think Paramount & Dreamworks are the only ones taking money to stay exclusive..!? .lol

HD_DVD is not the only company that is paying movie companies to stay exclusive to one or the other.

I understand you guys are into Blu-Ray (because you paid a lot for a PS3), & it doesn't help your point, but lets not act like politicians.. lol

Lets talk facts for both sides, NOT distorted one sided facts.

On another note..

Back to the topic at hand.!

I haven't seen "Transformers" yet, but a friend left it here so im gonna watch it tomorrow.!

Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is either.

So they released it on HD DVD.....so what.

For those that don't have it, go out and buy the REGULAR DVD. I mean, do you NEED to see every damned wire in the Transformers' chassis or see that extra piece of shrapnel in the explosions?

There will be other movies that will come out on Blu-Ray that you'll have the chance to pointlessly say "ah-HA!" to, so don't sweat it. This just wasn't one of those movies......so quit bitchin' and buy the damned regular DVD.

This should NOT even BE a pissing match between Blu-Ray and HD.

LOL

Blu-Ray does have the capacity of 100GB, but how much do they use on their movies..? ("NO WHERE NEAR THAT!!") Not to mention if they ever get close to using most of the 100GB, it will be because of the extras (special features) NOT the quality.. so what is it about "100GB" that really makes you think it is such a big difference..? (it is minimal ..lol)

Like I said wait until the new resolutions come out and see how much space those take in terms of data. I believe it was Toshiba that announced the next resolution past 1080P, I am not positive but wasn't it in the 1200 range? The more they pack in the more space will be needed and that is where Blue Ray has the advantage.

I am not basing this on the fact that I have a PS3 I am being realistic. I remember when a 27MB HDD was HUGE! Now they are getting in to TB HDDs for residential use! The space IS going to be needed and HD DVD just doesn't have what it takes to keep up with the changes.