Alright recently I am having some real trouble with my main computer/

Here is what is goiing on:

Programs won't open by prompts or shortcuts

If I go inderectly to open files (associated with Photoshop or dreamweaver) the program opens and works properly.

I can't get on the internet or open any other files such as AIM

I was able to do a Restore about a week ago and since then things got worse. I am not sure what has happened, but I am about to reinstall my OS. Before I do that what can I do to fix this. THis is something I have never seen before and am completely baffled. I would like to not have to redownload all the programs Legal or not back onto my comp. But if I have to I will.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Just dealt with same issue.

I actually had more stuff going on as well. I took the HD out of my pc and hooked it to another pc with a adapter I have and ran a scan and cleaned it up. This was only because my safe mode wouldnt work because of the shit wrong with my pc.

Your registry got all fucked up and exe files no longer work. SOme times I could right click stuff and it would show something like "start" or "play" and that would work but not always.

Its a PITA but its very fixable. Your not getting any pop ups or warning tags? I got many of those LOL.