Disgruntled about Sports games...

A post i made that i wanted to get others opinion about..

Sports Games are becoming so costly.. and it only seems to be getting worse.!!

Tiger seems to be the worst of them..

We buy a new Tiger (or any sports game) for $60 then they release $60 more in DLC, then the next year they release a new game & all $120+ is thrown in the trash, because no one will give you more than $5 for your used copy, & ALL of the DLC is just a complete waste.!!

Are these games worth $120 EVERY year.?

I think im going to quit buying Sports games every year, & only every other year, & maybe buy ZERO DLC. until they do something about upgrading what was purchased the year before.

Would it be so bad to give people some credit towards new DLC who paid for it less than a year ago.!?

In a related story.. "EA Lands On The Fortune 500 List" ;) ;D

You dont need to follow link, everything is right here, but there may be other replies on GL.

http://www.gamelobby.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=3158

i'd love and appreciate a game, they release with awesome graphics, and gameplay. call it "ultimate ____(sport name)" and have them update it when the rosters get updated, patch it for new features, and is some type of monthly/quarterly/yearly cost. not an outrageous cost, but something reasonable. i think it'd be brilliant.

TheCaracarn ]

I blame EA.

They aren't completely to blame, but they sure are a big part of it. lol

Ultimate "Sport" Game sounds like a great idea.. but then you're tied to that developer, which kills the quality control. (no competition, or not as much)

I do have some knowledge in a few sports games areas. I feel that Madden and NHL both produced by EA are great franchises and continue to expand and develop every year. You can see the difference from year to year. I don't know about any DLC costing $60, that must be just a golf thing. The Show series in baseball however is becoming a joke. Barely any changes in the last three years to gameplay and they have the worst servers to try and play online. Just to give you an idea I have played roughly 125 online games of madden at 30 minutes a piece, over 300 games of NHL at 25 minutes a piece both this year. In three years of the Show I have played 2 games online. I definitely think competition is always better, but some franchises are doing ok running their sport.

Chili-Palmer ]
TheCaracarn ]

I blame EA.

They aren't completely to blame, but they sure are a big part of it. lol

Ultimate "Sport" Game sounds like a great idea.. but then you're tied to that developer, which kills the quality control. (no competition, or not as much)

you're right, we would be tied to a developer but let me ask you this. what other big name, GOOD quality hockey, football, and golf games are there? if they kept the NHL10 gameplay the same, added a few things, patched a thing or two every few months...i'd be really fucking happy, instead of having to sit and continue to buy a new game yearly.

There is nothing wrong with this year's edition of the Show online...

I've played nearly 20 games online thus far, without any lag whatsoever. This year they also fixed the mic system and it actually works. Gameplay wise they haven't had to change much because the game itself is great. They fixed the few bugs that were in last year and really ramped up on realism this year.

Anyhow, I pony up the $60 for Tiger, Madden, and MLB the Show every year. I don't recall spending much at all on Tiger DLC though? Just new courses. Some type of credit for dedicated players would be cool though.

this is the one thing I miss about PC gaming: you could buy madden or nhl or whatever and use it

for years if you wanted to, because you could always update the rosters every year with or without

the vendor's assistance. I don't think these games can be improved apon (other than graphics), they've

been around too long and there really isn't much to do at this point that is going to make a significant

difference.

BacklasH ]

There is nothing wrong with this year's edition of the Show online...

I've played nearly 20 games online thus far, without any lag whatsoever. This year they also fixed the mic system and it actually works. Gameplay wise they haven't had to change much because the game itself is great. They fixed the few bugs that were in last year and really ramped up on realism this year.

Anyhow, I pony up the $60 for Tiger, Madden, and MLB the Show every year. I don't recall spending much at all on Tiger DLC though? Just new courses. Some type of credit for dedicated players would be cool though.

Apparently you don't play road to the show Lash because the same gripes I had last year have not been changed. Fielding errors occur constantly and make no sense. Through AA and the Bigs. I haven't touched the Show since 2 weeks within the release and probably won't again for awhile. There is ALWAYS more to improve on. That is why I love NHL and Madden, both series are never content with their current state. They always look to the future.

I usually do RTTS with a pitcher, so I don't notice the errors as much as a position player would. I notice a million balls that go up the middle, through my legs or just out of my reach though. I actually stopped playing RTTS because I was pissed off. Here is a post I made on VR's forums:

o-BacklasH-o ]

I am not planning on playing it for some time after the recent events that just occurred during my Road To The Show on MLB the Show 11. My 18 year old phenom pitcher was having a great year in AA. It climaxed with a start in the AA all star game, then it fell apart.

First start after the All-Star game he breaks his forearm on a pitch. Despite the injjury the Akron Aeros (his AA team, Cleveland Indians affiliate) made the Eastern League playoffs. I had one week left in my injury by the time the playoffs began, but the team was eliminated in 4 games.

Ok new season, new contract. I was promised a AAA rotation spot in my contract. No Spring Training invite this season. I start the season as the #5 SP on the AAA ballclub. It advances 4 games, then BOOM "You have been optioned to AA Akron." I didn't even start a game for them LOL. So I waste another 5 days waiting for my spot in the AA rotation. Finally I make my season debut. 11 K's 8 IP 5 H and a win. Next start I dislocate my ankle in the 1st inning covering 1st base on a grounder. Prognosis: 6+ months, 60 day DL. FML. >:( >:( >:(

So yeah, that's why I am not playing RTTS anymore LOL..

I say the developers like EA should just come out and be honest-

Buy the "core game" for 65.95 then each year there will be an expansion pack (new disk) for all updates and overhaules that a "patch" could not fix. This will sell for 39.95. All patches and updated content will be FREE... Well sort of free- They should charge a subscription fee of 14.95 a month to play online. Online play will then be imrpoved apon by 10 fold in all aspects.

So in the end it would cost just a bit more- But we would have an improved product that will not be outdated- Think of it as an investment that you could stop paying for anytime you got bord of it. If you wanted to start playing it again- It would be affordable enough.

Just my opinion.

ERB_Marauder ]

I just wait until the New version comes out and buy last years. Madden getting ready to be $10.00.

It's New to me.

Where is the fun in that? That is like buying a PS2 when PS3 comes out. May be new to you but it sucks because it isn't as advanced and nobody plays it anymore because its old and obsolete.