PS3 help..

ok so im house sitting & my buddy has a PS3, i got my acct to work, & i can connect online (i sent a msg to a friend /& he replied), but i cant seem to play Transformers.?

Everytime i go to play it, it says need to download an update (1.01 i think.?), but after a few minutes it fails & gives me an error. any idea why.?

Is that normal PS3. lol

Fuck it, i give up.. played a little single player, but couldn't get to play online.

Not sure if his PS3 is so new it needs something to work online or if the network is having trouble or what, but im already over it.

Is there voice chat on here yet.? I cant find it. i had to type everything.. sux.

Chili-Palmer ]

30+ views, no reply. lol

error code is 80710723

Enter that code here to tell you what it is.

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=939

I would have just cut and pasted what it said, but it wouldn't let me with my limited computer knowledge. But basically its a connection timed out error.

-Rooster- ]

you sure its not a movie your trying to play? ;)

Yea. lol

I played the single player.

Deactivate the "Media Server Connection" under Network settings. It should work after that.

i'll give it a try..

He just got it so its brand new, i dont want to do much before he gets to use it. lol

BIGDANIEL;813795']Damn it Chili you screwed up my chances of having a PS3 friend with the longest amount of time since their last log on. You were at 18 months. Thanks a lot buddy!!!

Lmao.. dang it was a while ago. lol

It is wireless, & i will be back down there next weekend, & trying to get my copy of Socom back just in case i do get it worked out. ;)

I gotta fix my sig.

My wireless has 100% signal strength and works great. No difference whatsoever between wired or wireless, Ive tried them both.

Oh but there is my friend.. wireless will only allow like 50% of what a wired connection will allow.. and although it may SEEM the same.. try timing a DL of a game demo.. try once wired, and once wireless.. the difference for me was about 7 min on the same file.. and i too have 100% signal and sit less then 4 feet away from router...

As for chili .. i think that trying to set everything up while plugged in will help, if you need wireless after you are set up then so be it.. but you will ALWAYS have better speeds wired then wireless. Chili if your still having troubles you can PM me your number and i can offer what ideas i have..

IRISH BULL;814247']I know this is a stupid question. But how do you hard wire a PS3? And still maintain a wireless router.

Plug the ethernet cable into the ps3 on one side and the router on the other.. BAM .. done. All wireless features will stay the same.. this is assuming your router has ports for cables.. some dont and are strictly wireless.

inadub;814257']Plug the ethernet cable into the ps3 on one side and the router on the other.. BAM .. done. All wireless features will stay the same.. this is assuming your router has ports for cables.. some dont and are strictly wireless.

Yea, I don't know if my router has that. It has ports 1-4, is that what your talking about?

MakeYaBleed;814292']yes that is what he is talking about.

Oh, OK. So all I need to do is plug in the ethernet cable in one of those empty ports and then into my PS3? I don't have to do anything else then that, besides setting up my PS3 to wired? And this won't effect my wireless network?