8v8 comment

Is this locked in stone?

> Each and every war will be played with an 8v8 limit on each team.  No team may play with more than 8 for any match, though a team may play with less than 8 if they have to.

In any non hardcore setting 8v8 respawn based mode it becomes a HUGE lagfest.  Even the maps they use for larger groups in "groundwar" lag something horrible.  Maybe the no grenades will help but for the most part its miserable.  I was curious what you guys thought and if this was a done deal.  I know this tournament is to evaluate gameplay for future events but I see this as a big hurdle right off the bat.

1: PLEASE put your questions regarding tourneys in the public section here, not in the tourney sections.

2: We've tested all these modes out at 8v8 and they were fine. We saw no "lagfests." The only lagfests we ever see is on "Bog" and when an individual PLAYER or host has a bad connection. Otherwise, this is not something we saw during evals.

Undertow ]

The only lagfests we ever see is on "Bog"

Thats the exact map we were playing..... :)

I know you plan on using all the maps so your saying that you'll be sticking with 8v8 on maps like Shipment? And that other small other small one with the statue in the middle.....

I noticed the same thing.. there are two maps that stand out as what I would characterize as *Top laggers"

Bog is number one.

Wetworks is second.

Haven't noticed much difference on the 8vs8 or lower but I have noticed both those maps seem to create the worst lag. OF course the host connection as well as the participates and their respective connections have the most effect on things.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
Red0ctobeR ]

dude, shipment HQ with 16 people is a blast.

I agree. Also shipment Domination is freaking awesome.

i have only played it on HQ, but dom would be fun too im sure. its just the chaos that makes it a blast.

WiZ ]
Undertow ]

Thats the exact map we were playing..... :)

I know you plan on using all the maps so your saying that you'll be sticking with 8v8 on maps like Shipment? And that other small other small one with the statue in the middle.....

We never said anything about using "all the maps." We're always concerned about maps that would tarnish the overall experience in a UF war.

That's why in UF-Socom tourneys, we tried not to include maps such as Boneyard, lowered the use-count on Citadel, and ALMOST excluded all the Anchorages, even though one somehow sneaked through in UF4.

Undertow ]
WiZ ]
Undertow ]

Thats the exact map we were playing.....  :)

I know you plan on using all the maps so your saying that you'll be sticking with 8v8 on maps like Shipment?  And that other small other small one with the statue in the middle.....

We never said anything about using "all the maps."  We're always concerned about maps that would tarnish the overall experience in a UF war.

That's why in UF-Socom tourneys, we tried not to include maps such as Boneyard, lowered the use-count on Citadel, and ALMOST excluded all the Anchorages, even though one somehow sneaked through in UF4.

maybe it was a test to see which clans would resort to jumping in the water and hiding like pansy's (or dasies)..like you said it is an evaluation process...