It depends how much you're willing to spend. I've had a $600 video card last me about 4 years. But if you only spend like $150 - $200 it may only be good for a year before it starts slowing.

WOW! That's why I never got into PC gaming. Once I started to do research I knew I could never keep up due to the cost.

In fact, Attitude from RVN was a PC gamer until his laptop that he used needed a complete upgrade just to play MW2. I told him to get a PS3 and he never looked back.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want to keep playing the latest and greatest pc games you need the latest hardware (if you don't want to get your ass kicked that is). it really sucks losing because someone else's rig is just that much better.

my rule of thumb was upgrade cpu/ram one year, video card the next, so I was never that far out of date. I was an avid pc gamer until I got married and had kids, then figured it would be cheaper to play on a console. I'm still playing and having fun so it's all good. Took a while to get used to the controller though...

• 3 weeks later...

15. Sep 12, 2011 3:25 PM (in response to SpecterMk23)

Re: Wheres the DLC? We should be announcing (and then subsequently releasing) the DLC very soon after releasing 1.05, which you'll definitely see by the end of the month.

At this point we're basically waiting on three things before announcing the DLC: we need 1.05 to hit (to avoid confusion about what's in what), a specific release date (we think we have one, but don't have confirmation yet), and the OK from PR.

Seriously, all of this stufff is really close now...

--------------------

Chris Roper

Zipper Interactive

--------------------

we should have this stuff soon.

posted today:

At this point we're just waiting on approval from Sony and the planned rollout date, which we expect to be very, very soon. As soon as we get that confirmation then I'll let everyone know when you can expect to see it.

--------------------

Chris Roper

Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

--------------------

• Directors

If you missed, the #SOCOM 4 v1.05 patch is coming Sept. 21. @chris_roper is your go-to guy for more deets, though.

zpr_Roper wrote:

I just got word that 1.05 will hit this Wednesday (the 21st) during the regular maintenance window (starting at 1am PDT).

Like I said, we didn't want to give a date until it got approved, and now that it has, you know.

Edited by Shane

Poking around 1.05 people have been able to find out the upcoming DLC includes 4 new maps:

Ruins,Bitter Jungle,Overflow,Departure. Demolition mode confirmed. some new skins also.

Sounds great. Doesn't seem to DL'd that smooth though, if at all. From what I'm reading.

Also, why didn't they mention all of this in the patch notes?

http://www.socom.com/en-us/Blog/Post.aspx?id=434

Edited by IRISH BULL