Tell us what you are thankful for this year...

With my daughter and mother both going through a major surgery this year. I am thankful for their health and well being. I am thankful for everyones thoughts, prayers and support.

I am also thankful for all the men and women in the armed forces that serve this great country. Earlier this year my cousin returned home from serving a tour of duty in Bagram, Afghanistan.

I am thankful for my friends and family, both of which will always stand by my side through thick and thin. I am thankful for new beginnings and the many opportunities I have been lucky enough to be blessed with every day. I am also thankful for a great start to the Bears and Blackhawks seasons, as well as a great duck/goose hunting season to date. I am also thankful for my best friend and hunting partner Rambo, who will be 3 in January (Black Lab).

i am thankful that i pretty much lost everything in the last 18 months. im thankful of that because in the last 6 months i have gained some things that truly hold value. family, friends, and the love of my life. when you lose it all, you find out that the things left over are the ones you really needed.