Cops Rock. (sarcasm)

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

Amen Snake... hit that shit on the head bro.

I'd just like to stop seeing the ABUNDANCE of threads about police officers here.

I know where the videos are posted... I don't need to come to UF and look through six threads showing me more of them, where they came from, and then 30 people giving their opinion about what they think.. when in reality the video shows 5% of what really happens.

Just tired of it all

I think that you need to look at it like this .There are Rules & Regulations in this world we live in ,and the people that don't abide by them are usually the ones that the Police deal with.

Follow simple Rules and Regulations ,and you won't have a problem with the Police.When I was that kids age if I had even talked backed at all in a way that seemed disrespectful my Dad would of put me in a Hospital.The first time that dummy was told to not call the Officer "dude" he should of realized that, that Officer felt disrespected ,and he should of sat there and shut his mouth ,answer the Cops questions ,and  said sorry ,to the Officer.Kids now a days are wise mouths ,and always pushing to see how far they could go .That kid needed a swift kick in his Arse ,and a summons to go along with it ,Plus I would of Vouchered his skateboard just to prove my point. Cops are hated because when you get caught doing whatever it is you where doing ,you shouldn't of been doing it ,and now it's the Cops fault because he's enforcing the Law (doing his Job) . A little respect goes a long way ! If you Hate Cops ,don't Call them when you become a Victim  .

Guest H.A.V.0.C
ARCHANGEL ]

Amen Snake... hit that shit on the head bro.

I'd just like to stop seeing the ABUNDANCE of threads about police officers here.

I know where the videos are posted... I don't need to come to UF and look through six threads showing me more of them, where they came from, and then 30 people giving their opinion about what they think.. when in reality the video shows 5% of what really happens.

Just tired of it all

Thats easy to fix...there is a button at the bottom of your page that says "MARK AS READ" if you hit that button, you will NOT have to look at that thread at all. Therefore saving you from having to read about it, or post a reply. If it bothers you that much, then STOP looking at them, and replying to them! Its that easy!

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Look, I can really give a damn about the COP topics, I can do with them, or with out them. And yes I am VERY thankful to the GOOD cops that protect and serve. But on the other hand they are "PAID" to do that, its there JOB! How many of them do you think would do it for free?

I'm not arguing that with you bro....everyone has an opinion and I just stated mine bro.......p.s. My father worked for 2 years without pay when he firts became a cop......so yea.....to answer your question My father.......when I asked why he did it he said," someone has to protect them,".

He could have easily sat out and waited but he did'nt........during that time period he found a little boy who went missing and was taken by a petofile........he declined any interview and he would not accept any awards.....he simply stated," If it was my child I would only want the same".

NYPD :

Annual base salaries for officers hired during

January 2006 or after:

Police Academy (first six months): $25,100 (Annualized)

Upon completion of six months: $32,700

Upon completion of 1 ½ years: $34,000

Upon completion of 2 ½ years: $38,000

Upon completion of 3 ½ years: $41,500

Upon completion of 4 ½ years: $44,100

Upon completion of 5 ½ years: $59,588

* These salaries do not include overtime earnings, night-shift differential, holiday pay and uniform allowance.

When including base salary, average overtime and night shift differential, holiday pay, and uniform allowance, a Police Officer earns over $35,000, on average, in the first year; $45,000, on average, in the second year; $77,000, on average, after 6 years

Trust me the pay is not great when compared to the Stress ,Health Risk (Heartattacks, exposure to Disease,etc) & Danger(perps fighting with you ,shooting at you ,or stabbing at you,let alone total hate ,and disrespect) ,because your the only on in there whole life that has ever told them to follow simple rules ,and regulations . Plus you have to watch what you do ,and say everytime your speaking to your peers ,and civilians .Don't Judge a cop before you walk in there shoes ,when you see one thank him or her for there dedication to trying to do the right thing .

RBtintar1 ]

I think that you need to look at it like this .There are Rules & Regulations in this world we live in ,and the people that don't abide by them are usually the ones that the Police deal with.

Follow simple Rules and Regulations ,and you won't have a problem with the Police.When I was that kids age if I had even talked backed at all in a way that seemed disrespectful my Dad would of put me in a Hospital.The first time that dummy was told to not call the Officer "dude" he should of realized that, that Officer felt disrespected ,and he should of sat there and shut his mouth ,answer the Cops questions ,and said sorry ,to the Officer.Kids now a days are wise mouths ,and always pushing to see how far they could go .That kid needed a swift kick in his Arse ,and a summons to go along with it ,Plus I would of Vouchered his skateboard just to prove my point. Cops are hated because when you get caught doing whatever it is you where doing ,you shouldn't of been doing it ,and now it's the Cops fault because he's enforcing the Law (doing his Job) . A little respect goes a long way ! If you Hate Cops ,don't Call them when you become a Victim .

What is this, a police state? The kid can say what ever he wants, it is his right. It is also his right not to be cruelly punished for merely using his freedom of speech. If a cop is gonna beat me up, because of something I said, then there is something seriously wrong with the justice system.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
RBtintar1 ]

NYPD :

Annual base salaries for officers hired during

January 2006 or after:

Police Academy (first six months): $25,100 (Annualized)

Upon completion of six months: $32,700

Upon completion of 1 ½ years: $34,000

Upon completion of 2 ½ years: $38,000

Upon completion of 3 ½ years: $41,500

Upon completion of 4 ½ years: $44,100

Upon completion of 5 ½ years: $59,588

* These salaries do not include overtime earnings, night-shift differential, holiday pay and uniform allowance.

When including base salary, average overtime and night shift differential, holiday pay, and uniform allowance, a Police Officer earns over $35,000, on average, in the first year; $45,000, on average, in the second year; $77,000, on average, after 6 years

Trust me the pay is not great when compared to the Stress ,Health Risk (Heartattacks, exposure to Disease,etc) & Danger(perps fighting with you ,shooting at you ,or stabbing at you,let alone total hate ,and disrespect) ,because your the only on in there whole life that has ever told them to follow simple rules ,and regulations . Plus you have to watch what you do ,and say everytime your speaking to your peers ,and civilians .Don't Judge a cop before you walk in there shoes ,when you see one thank him or her for there dedication to trying to do the right thing .

How much they get paid is their problem, they still get "PAID" to do a job, and they knew the job was dangerous, when they took it. If they don't like the salary or what the job entails. THEN GO FIND ANOTHER JOB! Simple as that.

I guess I should of worded it different ,Cops basically are working for free that what I was getting at.

,and if a cop is working ,and your violating a law ,and the cop tells you to stop , a normal person would stop.If there's more to it then that the person should get what 's coming to him , whether it be a summons ,arrest ,and if the person resists in anyway it usually ends in a butt getting kicked.I guess people can't see that all that kid had to do was stop ,and shut up. It's not about what your right is ,it's about respecting rules ,and in his case a authority figure who was a Police Officer .

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

OK, look....It seems we all pretty much have the same fucking belief but yet I still sense some tension..Haven't we come up with the basic fact that almost everyone here HATES bad/crooked cops and ADMIRES/LOVES the boys in blue who do what they are supposed to.

This is getting old, I know i can just hit the "Mark as Read" button, but it pains me to see (or know) this kinda tension between my third family (1.st- Biological, 2nd-*S* ;D ) Everyone just take a chillaxitive and and Chill.....My Heart Goes out to ALL the officers that do their job and put their lives on the line every day to keep people like me safe. BUT at the same time I DESPISE the Police that Abuse their authority, And the the ones that are crooked...

Isn't this the basic belief, only more or less extreme depending on who it is? I mean C'mon....Debates and arguments are healthy but it just seems to me people's blood is boiling for whatever reason when really...we all share somewhat of a common belief...lets just leave it at that. PLEASE lets move on and focus on more important things like UF being "Televised" or Gettin Jiggy Wit it being a classic, OR even more important, whipping some ASS in the PLAYOFFS!!!!!!! We don't need this kind of tension between people or clans.....We all love eachother (no homo) and need to let this topic die...because in the end we all sound retarded because we are saying basically the same thing but we are still getting heated over it.

Let it die....please!.

-Apoc

MR.CLEAN.. ]

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

DUDE!

Correct.

However, you are not allowed to yell fire in a crowded building, you're not allowed to make threats of violence, you're not allowed to make bomb threats, you're not allowed to just start talking during court, and you're not allowed to say that you want to bring harm to the President of the United States of America.

Arent these all freedoms of speech covered under our 1st Amendment?

Guest M16Assassin
Snake Doctor ]
MR.CLEAN.. ]

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

DUDE!

Correct.

However, you are not allowed to yell fire in a crowded building, you're not allowed to make threats of violence, you're not allowed to make bomb threats, you're not allowed to just start talking during court, and you're not allowed to say that you want to bring harm to the President of the United States of America.

Arent these all freedoms of speech covered under our 1st Amendment?

you can't say you want to harm the president?

Prane ]

you can't say you want to harm the president?

No. You can bet everything you have on the fact that if someone were to say those "flag" words the Secret Service would be paying them a visit. They'll be there a lot quicker if someone uses those "flag" words over the phone or in an email.