So Sick of the Stupidity

OMG...I've read all the sides to this and I really wish I could see some of you physically cuz I'd smack the hell out of you.

WTF??!!

This whole arguement that iLL had about Dv8 News compromising their TACTICS for Riot Act?

That arguement not only has so many holes in it you could call it swiss fucking cheese...it simply doesn't make any logical sense.

First, have you seen the in game footage we took of the UK vs USA tournie found on the Featured Page of dv8news.com? Well, if you haven't you should check it out. You tell me...can you make out any TACTICS or STRATEGIES?

Second, has anyone been in Spectator mode in a Private Match? If anyone has, then they would know you can't hear either teams nor can they hear you.

Third, we've been nothing but respectful to the community and are very offended that anyone would twist this into Dv8 News compromising another clans TACTICS. We not only featured iLL on our show, we supported/promoted them even tho their presence on our forums and on our site was and is next to NONE. It's called TRUST, something that is evidently beyond iLL to reciprocate.

I would have thought with the fact that they are this "highly respected" clan within the UF community they would have a little more faith and trust in the UF staff, that has provided this tournament for them, that they wouldn't hire a film crew to film the game unless they trusted that it would be handled with care.

Ultimately, I am personally offended that any of you would think that Dv8 News wouldn't have enough professionalism to take care of both clans in this. I'm steaming at the fact that conclusions were made without even asking us how the process was going to happen. AND I'm even more pissed that LPK had to suffer because of this stupidity.

I hate to be this way and I started this thread separate from the others so that it can be locked if necessary.

I just wanted to put the facts out there since everyone wants to make speculations and assumtions instead of asking us how it would be done.

Please do not take the word of a few ppl that claim to know how we do things, if you want to know how it's done ask us.

Last Statement:

IN NO WAY AT ALL WOULD iLL'S TACTICS OR STRATEGIES BE COMPROMISED IF THE GAME WOULD HAVE HAPPENED. REALIZE THIS IS BASELESS PARANOIA.

AGAIN, CHECK OUT THE FEATURED PAGE AT http://WWW.DV8NEWS.COM AND SEE ONE OF THE FIRST GAMES WE EVER RECORDED....

YOU TELL ME WHAT FUCKING STRATEGIES THEY HAD AND I WILL TOTALLY APOLOGIZE TO iLL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody is saying that you would have intentionally or unintentionally given away or compromised our gameplay. We were just saying that we put a lot of work into everyone's positioning and strategy for each map and in the event that we play these maps again in Riot Act or any other tournament, we don't want any kind of video record that may compromise our gameplay. It's that simple. The rules never said anything about the possibility of being videotaped. If they had, we would have accepted it. Nobody is making any kind of accusation against you or DV8.

I tried to work on a compromise that would've made everyone happy, but nobody wanted to listen. How about just accepting that we didn't want to have our match recorded, nobody wanted to respect our wishes, and out of principle, we chose to withdraw from the match. End of story. If you feel slighted, I'm sorry. I think if some of other clans had the testicular fortitude to stand up for themselves the way that iLL did, then situations like this wouldn't even be an issue.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Its not like you are competing for a ridiculous amount of money...or anything...UF is and has always been about having FUN and if they want to record us having FUN, and the Admins agree...why the hell not? don't want to reveal tactics? please...get over yourself...And while i disagree with your decision, i still respect it. But i wouldn't say it was a wise move to question Clans of UF's testicular fortitude. To think your clan is better than any other clan is just stupid..You may have more gaming talent. But thats not shit in this community.

Guest NEO-X

Nuff said.. dont want this to spin out of control or anything. I think that both parties stated their case, and made their points.

carry on

LOL Testical Fortitude ::)

This has nothing to do with balls.

No one is disputing how hard you guys have worked.

AGAIN, IF YOU READ MY FULL STATEMENT...

Can you make out strategies or starting points on the UK vs USA tournie coverage?

NO you can't.

The compromise you proposed? We listened, but I guess you didn't, you must think that we're ok with spending even more time than we already do on the show. (For everyone's informational purposes...it takes approximately 40 hours to do a show...more if the show is longer than usual.) Just because this is what YOU came up with doesn't mean that that's what the best solution is.

Everyone wants to talk about the "RULES"...what about the fact that this tournament is owned by Undertow and Sniper? Don't you think that since they put so much work into this tournament and have provided you with a legitimate form to battle, they should be the ones to make decisions about the tournament...not you or iLL?

What about respecting their wishes since you want to talk about no one respecting yours. Because it's apparent you could care less about their decision about as much as you think they don't care about yours.

ONCE AGAIN, IF I HAVEN'T MADE THIS CLEAR ENOUGH ALREADY, which it's apparent by your statement it wasn't, YOUR STRATEGIES WOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN COMPROMISED!!!

I'm not sure how many more times I can say this before I want to go on a fucking killing spree. OMG!

Please do not make another statement until you can prove that our in game filming would compromise your tactics...please make sure you watch the UK vs USA match and prove to me you can see their strategies before you come back with another misinformed statemtent.

BECAUSE I AM SO SICK OF THE STUPIDITY!!

I guess I don't understand why anyone is getting upset here. Everything I have read from iLL is that they just don't want there match recorded. They chose to take their own path. EVERYONE here should respect what they chose and move on. I for one agree with what they are doing. If you feel strong in a cause then you need to stand up to all who appose that cause. So everyone please let this drop and lets look forward to RA.

PRIMEMEAT ]

I guess I don't understand why anyone is getting upset here. Everything I have read from iLL is that they just don't want there match recorded. They chose to take their own path. EVERYONE here should respect what they chose and move on. I for one agree with what they are doing. If you feel strong in a cause then you need to stand up to all who appose that cause. So everyone please let this drop and lets look forward to RA.

Agreed. Apple, no need to get your panties in a knot. That is all.

AsianApple ]

Can you make out strategies or starting points on the UK vs USA tournie coverage?

NO you can't.

I think [iLL]'s point of this is that the final product is not all that is recorded. And since [DV8] has a clan in the tournament it puts you in the same boat as [APC] (there will always be questions, which is why Tow has made some sacrifices for his clan to a part of UF in the first place)

No one is accusing anyone of anything.! (they're just keeping it in the family)

ALL of this is just MY opinion, NOT - iLL, DV8 or APC. JUST MINE.!

Prolog39 ]
PRIMEMEAT ]

Agreed. Apple, no need to get your panties in a knot. That is all.

No talking about my undergarments :P

Hmmm, well from playing in LAN tournaments and other tournies that have been recorded, I do know strategies CAN (though not a majority of the time) be revealed through match footage. I'm guessing that's where iLL's discomfort came from and rightfully so.

One thing though, as competetive gaming grows, its becoming a new form of entertainment to view. With that a lot of competitions, (including UF it appears to me), are moving in the direction of sharing the intensity of this sport with the world. Maybe everyone should become use to this as it's starting to become a standard in competetive gaming.

Besides, the great teams I've seen never falter no matter what because they always have the best strategies for every team, and always execute them better then other teams do theirs. Like the Patriots last year for instance...

18 teams watched hours of game footage on them, and came up with the best strategy to counter them, and what happened to those teams.... exactly.

Thing is with this recording business, neither side is wrong for having their belief which makes it such a tough issue. Just an outsiders point of view....

I think APC's Primemeat has the right attitude here. Respect the wishes, no need to slam people, or cuss people out. iLL, a long standing and reputable clan, has stated very simply and very humbly that they preferred their troop movements and positions not to be recorded...and as there was no previous stipulation that the championship match was to be recorded....please honor that preference. I am quite sure had the stipulation been in place, iLL would have accounted for the fact and adjusted accordingly...and been quite O.K with the filming.

Asian, I must say that your "professional" attacks on iLL are quite disheartening and counterproductive. Furthermore, since you say that you represent DV8 news and its quality control, I don't think I can endorse/recommend/support/whatever a fledgling online "news" feed that has such a disrespectful potty mouth as its advocate. My opinion matters as much as a mosquito's here, but I know others feel the same. I respect what you are trying to do with your contribution, and even if it misses the mark your 40hours are appreciated I'm sure. But by lowering yourself to this kind of venomous attack to a clan and personnel that meant you no harm what-so-ever is, well, childish and inappropriate. I can only imagine the language and flaming that went on BEHIND the scenes! lol :o

Pathogen- ]

I can only imagine the language and flaming that went on BEHIND the scenes! lol :o

That probably nullifies your entire post ;D

Hey, you have to be tough sometimes. DV8 has an image to uphold too. They are relatively new to UF, they've done a damn good job doing what they do. "Potty-mouth," isn't really accurate. "Angry," is a little more on target. I'm not saying this is good/bad, but it's good to air these things out, as opposed to having them shelled up somewhere.

CZambrano ]
Pathogen- ]

I can only imagine the language and flaming that went on BEHIND the scenes! lol :o

That probably nullifies your entire post ;D

lol CZ tru, they are new..never heard of them till recently. But nah that sentence means if she is this bad in public...God knows how its been in PM's and such..you know that sort of thing flies like hummingbirds around here

Good to see ya, btw..been awhile

Pathogen- ]

I think APC's Primemeat has the right attitude here. Respect the wishes, no need to slam people, or cuss people out. iLL has stated very simply and very humbly that they preferred their troop movements and positions not to be recorded...and as there was no previous stipulation that the championship match was to be recorded....please honor that preference. I am quite sure had the stipulation been in place, iLL would have accounted for the fact and adjusted accordingly...and been quite O.K with the filming.

Asian, I must say that your "professional" attacks on iLL are quite disheartening and counterproductive. Furthermore, since you say that you represent DV8 news and its quality control, I don't think I can endorse/recommend/support/whatever a fledgling online "news" feed that has such a disrespectful potty mouth as its advocate. My opinion matters as much as a mosquito's here, but I know others feel the same. I respect what you are trying to do with your contribution, and even if it misses the mark your 40hours are appreciated I'm sure. But by lowering yourself to this kind of venomous attack to a clan and personnel that meant you no harm what-so-ever is, well, childish and inappropriate. I can only imagine the language and flaming that went on BEHIND the scenes! lol :o

My professional attacks? Coulda swore I said "I'm" sick of the stupidity...pretty sure I stated this was my personal feelings on the situation. Lowering myself? Venomous Attack? Wow, I could post some shit on here that went on behind the scenes, but I'm respectful enough not to...you wanna talk about Venomous Attacks? you don't even know the half of the reasons why I'm so frustrated over this stupid ass situation.

Childish and Inappropriate? WTF?? What about pulling out of a tournament because you're not getting your way? I'd call that childish but I didn't want to "lower myself" to that...but thanks for your two cents and your high horse...that's awesome of you..hypocrite.

As for your "support/endorsement/recommend" of the "fledgling" Dv8 News...I doubt you were doing any of those to begin with..so what does it matter now that you're not?

I'm not arguing about it anymore, I've made my point, given facts, and proven that nothing of what iLL says would happen was true and no one wants to see that. Everyone just wants to commend them on having this "testicle fortitude" to stand up to UF even tho there was no reason to and they ruined what could have been an awesome Championship Game....again...no one wants to see that.

So whatever...keep sticking to your pointless principles and keep setting the gaming community back even further, I'm sure it will be much more beneficial to the community than what we're trying to do.

AsianApple ]

I'm not arguing about it anymore, I've made my point, given facts, and proven that nothing of what iLL says would happen was true and no one wants to see that. Everyone just wants to commend them on having this "testicle fortitude" to stand up to UF even tho there was no reason to and they ruined what could have been an awesome Championship Game....again...no one wants to see that.

So whatever...keep sticking to your pointless principles and keep setting the gaming community back even further, I'm sure it will be much more beneficial to the community than what we're trying to do.

I dont think many agree that [iLL] made the right choice, but we all understand where they are coming from. WE ALL WANTED TO SEE IT.!!

When it comes to gaming tournaments.. people take things very serious. (well most people do)

Fair play is fair play, & they were just ensuring it.