you wont get RRoD from just playing it a lot. it was something that was over hyped for no reason. i did get RRoD but thats after i had my xbox for over a year and a half. i say for $350 just get the xbox pro 60gb. the 20gb is 300 bucks so for 50 more bucks you get the 40 gb extra. right now i have about 1 gb left on my hard drive and i have the 20gb (and i don't download any demos). and if you're THAT scared about the RRoD, get a warranty.. you'll just trade in the console and keep your harddrive.

-ChurcH- ]

you wont get RRoD from just playing it a lot. it was something that was over hyped for no reason. i did get RRoD but thats after i had my xbox for over a year and a half. i say for $350 just get the xbox pro 60gb. the 20gb is 300 bucks so for 50 more bucks you get the 40 gb extra. right now i have about 1 gb left on my hard drive and i have the 20gb (and i don't download any demos). and if you're THAT scared about the RRoD, get a warranty.. you'll just trade in the console and keep your harddrive.

30% fail rate isnt over hyped. the was a reason microsoft has spent millions to fix. and with the newer consoles the fail rate has come down. so ethier the elite or pro would be my choice.

i have the elite and havent had a problem as of yet

Banshee07 ]
-ChurcH- ]

30% fail rate isnt over hyped. the was a reason microsoft has spent millions to fix. and with the newer consoles the fail rate has come down. so ethier the elite or pro would be my choice.

i have the elite and havent had a problem as of yet

it was over hyped because they made it seem like EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE in the world was dying at that moment, when it wasn't true. there was just a shit load of unfortunate people at once. all the people complained when you could simply get a warranty and switch for a new console.

willywonka159 ]

You have a PS3 already, do you really need an XBOX? I'd go with the Notebook, but just save a little more to get one that's really nice.

I have both.. I'd choose a 360 over a "SHITTY" laptop (like he said).

And I'd choose the Pro over the Elite simply for the fact that I don't see MYSELF using 120 gb of DLC, arcade, and game save data. and being that the pro's are more recent, i think they're less likely to fail

Look at all the fanboys in the xbox section. lol

Get the new Pro 60gig.. unless you REALLY like the black case, go Elite 120gig

willywonka159 ]

You have a PS3 already, do you really need an XBOX?

YES, So he can experience games the way they we're meant to be played.. the first week. :-*

Pathogen- ]

girls will dig you more if you have a laptop. not much more, but hey...the line "So...play alot of xbox?" just doesn't seem like it'll work

Is that YOUR line...?

"So.. use a lap top much.?"

Chili-Palmer ]

Yea dont buy a cheap laptop for gaming.

when i meant cheap laptop i meant like a bad gaming pc, lol, should have been more specific, i might go for the laptop, my dad is gonna give me some money anyways, if not i get a 360, thing is my cousin is coming back from vacation and he has a 360.

Chili-Palmer ]

Pathogen- ]

girls will dig you more if you have a laptop. not much more, but hey...the line "So...play alot of xbox?" just doesn't seem like it'll work

Is that YOUR line...?

"So.. use a lap top much.?"

of course. Then I invite her to check out my...hard drive

The other part about the RROD that people forget to mention is OVERHEATING. Don't cram the fucker in a tight space and you should be good.

For the record ps3 users that do the same dumb shit are having failures also. IMO, it is alot less because the average ps3 user is older and knows better than shoving it into a drawer full of laundry. ;)

Also, if you aren't spending around 1000 for a laptop, then you aren't getting much.

BigMoneyNacku ]

The other part about the RROD that people forget to mention is OVERHEATING. Don't cram the fucker in a tight space and you should be good.

For the record ps3 users that do the same dumb shit are having failures also. IMO, it is alot less because the average ps3 user is older and knows better than shoving it into a drawer full of laundry. ;)

Also, if you aren't spending around 1000 for a laptop, then you aren't getting much.

i know that, my ps3 is on the open and getting some air. 8)

I have all 3 as well and I agree 360 is a better gaming machine...however PS3 makes socom... But 360 is a real gaming machine....no worries at all. Also going from ps3 to 360...you will be stunned at the capabilities it allowes you to do.... Me on the other hand went from 360 to ps3 and couldnt live chat while playing games and listen to music and text friends while I played...it was bad.