My 60gb is offically toast ( no comments CHILI lol )

so its true.. mine did the old Yellow light of death . It comes on.. beeps 3 times, then continues to flash red till you push power again.. Sony will replace for $150 w/ in the next 20 days.. so i am goin to do that and go buy a 40gb tomorrow.. Not that i will be missed for a few days.. but just in case some of you noticed my disappearing act... you now know why..

anyone else have this same issue? any ideas on fix? i feel like the HD wont spool up and that might be my prob.. i might go buy another HD and try that before sending off to Sony..

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated..

lol yup.. and sorry to say it wasnt planned.. phone rang and i walked away.. apparently my kid clicked submit before i could finish..

but yea i am considering buying a replacement HD and trying that before sending out to Sony.. if i can fix and upgrade HD space for half the price.. then im all for it..

Oh yea did i mention that CoD4 is in it.. and it wont even stay on long enough to eject.. :-X

I would really like to make a post that tallies the failure rate of "OUR" systems. The systems that the community of Urgent Fury have.

It would be interesting to know how many people have got the red ring of death, and the yellowlights Beep Beep.

Matter of fact, I will start it today LOL.

Best of luck to you....I hope the HD swap works. But if It was my luck the firmware wouldnt be rite LOL.

inadub ]

so its true.. mine did the old Yellow light of death . It comes on.. beeps 3 times, then continues to flash red till you push power again.. Sony will replace for $150 w/ in the next 20 days.. so i am goin to do that and go buy a 40gb tomorrow.. Not that i will be missed for a few days.. but just in case some of you noticed my disappearing act... you now know why..

anyone else have this same issue? any ideas on fix? i feel like the HD wont spool up and that might be my prob.. i might go buy another HD and try that before sending off to Sony..

any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated..

Mine had a the same problem, I got like 5 minutes in of a game and then it happened. That was my first 60gb too my second one's BD died. I would say send it in.

I've been trying to buy a used one. Very tough. They sell on ebay for around $300. But winning the auctions are tough. I won from one idiot and he wanted to charge me sales tax and he didn't even live in my state.

Then I went yesterday to try and find one at a Pawn Shop. Those fckers were wanting $349.99 for a 40gb. One was even at 379.99. I was like why would I want to buy this used one with no warranty when i could buy a New one for just $50 more?

Granted everyone that puts theres up on ebay sells if for $300 or more.

i traded in a shit load of stuff today :

well i traded in :

PS3

Orange Box

Warhawk and Mic

Resistance fall of man

rainbow six vegas

PS2

PS2 System

2 memory cards

2 controllers

25 to life w/ soundtrack

socom combined assault

1 controller

Xbox

Project Gotham racing

Wii

Resident Evil 4

Traded it all in and got an 80gb metal gear solid bundle.. w/ edge bonus and whatever else they got going on.. and a lil extra help i got 185 off for that list of stuff.. still have yet to play MGS4 or even open it up .. but i got it all set up like before w/ same PSN ... inadub

inadub ]

i traded in a shit load of stuff today :

well i traded in :

PS3

Orange Box

Warhawk and Mic

Resistance fall of man

rainbow six vegas

PS2

PS2 System

2 memory cards

2 controllers

25 to life w/ soundtrack

socom combined assault

1 controller

Xbox

Project Gotham racing

Wii

Resident Evil 4

Traded it all in and got an 80gb metal gear solid bundle.. w/ edge bonus and whatever else they got going on.. and a lil extra help i got 185 off for that list of stuff.. still have yet to play MGS4 or even open it up .. but i got it all set up like before w/ same PSN ... inadub

MGO is really fun, you'll enjoy it.

inadub ]

did you get a 60gb frisco? same set up just new? and did you have to pay anything? i use my SD and MemoryStickDuo slots all the time.. not to mention that 3 of my 4 usbs are always in use..

I got a brand new factory model its all the same as my first ps3 the only thing is that I had 1000s of family pics that ill never get back and its a bit faster. I didn't have to pay cuz it hadn't bin a year.

Same thing happened to my Bro, he had a launch 60GB PS3 that just died a week ago. If you got a two-year warranty from Best-Buy you could have taken your PS3 in exchanged it for a MGS4/80GB Bundle pack and also get some money back because Original 60GB cost more than that Bundle. Also instead of a plain old Sixaxis you get a Dualshock. He was also able to get a whole new Two-year warranty from this date. His had Rockband in it but we have the two-year warranty on that too so the Best-Buy guy pryed open the PS3 to get the Disc which was scratched to hell but we just returned it and the old Kit for a new one. Replaced my whole Rockband Kit like 5 times already must have cost Best-Buy $500 or more. Man I love Warranties.

currently Gamestop is offering an additional $20 on consolse so you could get up to 60 for it. You will need all cords and one controller each. If you get or have an edge card , that will give you another 10% or more. So my advice is to walk in 2 times each w/ a ps2 or walk in w/ both and bring a friend so you can use that deal 2 times.. 2 console bonuses, and 2 edge bonuses.. put them on gift cards till you ready to spend ...