CoD: WW Beta Info

We know you have a ton of questions about the upcoming CoD: WW Beta, so we put together a quick FAQ on the Xbox 360 Beta. Stay tuned, we’re in the process of developing a much more in-depth FAQ on the PC and Xbox 360 Betas.

QUESTION: What is the CoD: WW Xbox 360 Beta?

ANSWER: Treyarch is recruiting dedicated Call of Duty fans of to help test Call of Duty: World at War’s performance from a gameplay and backend standpoint. Feedback and performance data from this Beta will be instrumental in ensuring CoD: WW’s success from Day One! This Beta will have a limited space so make sure you get your name in the hat to get a token!

QUESTION: Who gets to be in the CoD: WW Xbox 360 Beta?

ANSWER: For U.S. consumers, read on to find out more. For our international comrades, many more countries will have access to the Beta program, so stay tuned! People interested in joining the beta in the U.S. can join one of two ways:

Guarantee a spot by pre-ordering the game through GameStop or

Getting first-crack at a token by heading to CallOfDuty.com and signing on as a new community member. Remember, space is limited so the earlier you register, the more likely you’ll get a token.

QUESTION: If I already have an account on Callofduty.com, should I create a new one?

ANSWER: No! See below for how the handout of tokens will work, but if you already have an account with us there is no need to sign up anywhere, you’re already in line!

QUESTION: How does token distribution work for members of CallofDuty.com?

ANSWER: To reward the most dedicated CoD fans, the order of distribution on CallofDuty.com is as follows:

Charlie Oscar Delta members who migrated their accounts over to CallOfDuty.com

CallofDuty.com members

(CallofDuty.com members will be prioritized by they date in which they joined CallofDuty.com. The longer they’ve been a member, the better chance they have of getting a Beta Token.)

QUESTION: How will we get the keys?

ANSWER: Beta keys will be emailed to the address you have associated with your membership on CallofDuty.com. We will be announcing the start of the Beta on CallofDuty.com as well as emailing everyone selected to participate.

QUESTION: When will the beta start and how long will it last?

ANSWER: The beta is tentatively slated for October and will conclude prior to the game’s November 11th launch. As soon as we approach the launch of the Beta, we will notify everyone who is eligible to participate.

QUESTION: Will I have the opportunity to provide feedback?

ANSWER: Absolutely. When the beta launches, we’ll provide information about how you can communicate back to Treyarch.

QUESTION: Will there be a PS3 beta? If not, why?

ANSWER: No, there won’t be a PS3 beta. The Xbox 360 and PC environments will provide the feedback that we need to make any back-end technical modifications to the co-op and multiplayer features, which means an optimized experience for everyone, independent of the console they own.

QUESTION: When will more information be released on the PC beta?

ANSWER: More information on the PC beta will be posted soon, please stay tuned. The PC beta is also planned for October.

Goat ]

Gee the way they are doing their beta sounds vaguely familiar .. a lot like another game that just put out a beta.. I can't think of the name though?? I believe its on the PS3 console as well.. ? hmm it will come to me though I'm sure of it. ;D

Aren't most betas done this way..?

Funny how PS3 doesnt get one. lol (almost certain to be yet another game that works flawless on 360 & not so much on PS3 without months of patches & updates)

Chili-Palmer ]
Goat ]

Gee the way they are doing their beta sounds vaguely familiar .. a lot like another game that just put out a beta.. I can't think of the name though?? I believe its on the PS3 console as well.. ? hmm it will come to me though I'm sure of it. ;D

Aren't most betas done this way..?

Funny how PS3 doesnt get one. lol (almost certain to be yet another game that works flawless on 360 & not so much on PS3 without months of patches & updates)

i thought cod4 360 had more patches than ps3?

CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

NO we didn't have 4 patches. Show me the proof. I DL'd one patch.

idk that is what my cousin and friends say. me no like 360. also anyone got the beta?

why are you even posting then..?

And yes we do ALL have the beta but this seems like it should be the last place to talk about it.

Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

idk that is what my cousin and friends say. me no like 360. also anyone got the beta?

And yes we do ALL have the beta but this seems like it should be the last place to talk about it.

To quote the immortal Method Man, "get em!" ;D

Chili-Palmer ]
CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

so how is the beta?

Chili-Palmer ]

Oh.. lol

No not that beta, i had socom on the brain. ;D

would be odd for this not to be the place to discuss the CoD:WW beta. lol

lolololol. also did you guys get the endwar beta, i reserved it for ps3 and they gave me a 360 beta thing, i gave it to my cousin. seems to be the game that breaks the RTS console barrier.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a beta code if anybody wants it. I don't have an XBOX :( , but I was a CharlieOscarDelta.com member for a long time and moved my account.

If you need this code, PM me here at Urgent Fury. It will be a first come first serve. If and when I receive a request for it, I will post that its gone on this thread.

Ok here it goes:

If you liked CoD4.. you'll LOVE this. That's because it's an EXACT replica of CoD4.

The beta has three maps, two of them which I enjoy VERY much, the other which is simply alright.

The first map (Makin) is a small village on a swamp. There are a lot of houses build on top of what would be a small lake or swamp-like area. Very Japanese since the houses do look like small huts and small houses accessible by planks and wooden platforms. This map does take place at night and causes some good fire battles in the water. There are like bushes in the water so it can be hard to see some enemies. My favorite of the 3 maps.

The second map (Castle) is the map I don't really like that much. This map takes place in an urban area where there are a lot of rooms and castle-like places to go into. There's a bunch of side paths and some small underpasses to get through the map. It's a pretty cool map.. but I think it can be comparable to something like Citadel. This map has a lot of levels (high and low) inside the buildings and ontop of walls. If you can release the hounds (which I'll get to later) then you can get a lot of kills easily. It pretty much has the look of a Japanese Castle with Dojo's all around

The third (Roundhouse) takes place on what looks like something of a war-destroyed train yard. There are two tanks, one for each side, and a crap load of objects around the map (meaning huge boxes lying around and broken trains). This one is pretty cool as it has a lot of places to hide behind and the fact that it's a circle makes it very difficult to stay alive. There's a big circular building thing in the middle and there are like warehouses along the outer layer of the map. There are also huge silos which are connected by catwalks.

The tanks play really well. The missile takes a while to reload so you don't sit there just blasting. You can get on the turret but you can get shot while on the turret because you pop out. Each tank takes about 3 missiles/3 rpg shots to blow up.

The weapons play exactly like you would expect WWII weapons to play like. There are rifles which are the powerful single shot weapons (Eventually you unlock the STG and the M1A1 which aren't single shot). There are submachine guns which a lot of people use because they shoot very rapidly and are effective. Shotguns are powerful but do take a long time between shots because they are old school trench guns. There are machine guns but I never use them. Bolt Action Rifles are your sniper rifles and of course they are effective. You have weapons from the different countries, of course.

As far as specials, there are your regular grenades, molotov cocktails, smoke, tear gas-type things, signal flares. I stick to the tear gas and regular nades because I'm cool like that. I've thrown some flares and they light up the whole place but I don't see any use for them unless I'm using them wrong.

Perks haven't changed much except for stuff like.. flamethrowers, gas masks.. there's some other stuff but I haven't gotten into those much. Most perks are the same ol' perks though. There's also perks for vehicles so you can reload missiles faster or turn the gun faster and such.

Now you can put TEN custom classes instead of 5.

Two of the maps you will play Imperial Army vs. Marine Raiders (Japan vs US)

The last map you will play the Red Army vs. The Mehrecht (China vs. Germany)

Overall, I like the beta. It is something to get used to because of the single shot rifles and stuff. But it has the exact feel and gameplay as COD4 maps with just new maps, weapons.. it's all the same. I still haven't unlocked everything so I don't know the extent of the perks but I do like what I see so far.