vice presidential debate

IRISH BULL ]

I just want to know one thing. I heard Palin is a Creationist. Does that mean she believes dinosaurs lived on the earth just over 4,000 years ago?

Just for the record, creationist does not equal belief that dinosaurs lived on the earth just over 4,000 years ago.

But with that being said ... "creationist" is a VERY general term. There are many creationist views. Her specific views are Young Earth Creationism.

I responded because I whole-heartedly believe in God and that he created the heavens and earth. HOWEVER, I do not believe that dinosaurs lived just over 4,000 years ago. That's ridiculous. So I just wanted to make sure that those kinds of ridiculous claims were not being tied to creationism in general.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art-Man ]

not sure if I understad that you do not think that dinosaurs lived here 4000 years ago or they did not live here at all. I was just curious about that cause then I would liek to know where they got all those bones from that are on display.

Let me rephrase that one ...

I believe that dinosaurs lived here MUCH, MUCH, MUCH LONGER than 4,000 years ago. So, yes, I do believe that dinosaurs inhabited the earth, just not at the same time as young earth creationist believe.

Her personal life is the only experience she has.

I read last night on the New York Times website that the Alaskan Judge who was set to make the decision on "troopergate" is allowing the investigation and that it can't be hindered now. She's screwed, once the Fed finds what they want in a week or two and it hits the news her approval ratings are just going to dive right along with McCain's

Already a scandal?

I hate this bitch by the way*

Because like McCain:

-she is anti stem cell research

-she is anti-abortion EVEN IN CASES OF RAPE AND INCEST WHICH IS ABSOLUTELY FUCKING ABSURD

-she's always teasing me with those lips of hers ;D

Joe,

I find that wehave somewait timesin the ER if you are pretty muchnot dieing. Our hospitals do not offer a 30 min guarantee that a doctor will see you in that time or we will give you $50.00. lol. Iknow that I have had suregry in the past and well I went in to the ER that night and the next day I was in suregery. I know that most of the time if it is life threating you are in right away. If they feel that it is something that can wait a bit then you will wait a bit. We also have this nice thing over here that if we have to have the surgery andwe cannot get it herer and it is life threating we can be transported to the states to have it and the Gov still picks up the tab. Most of our benifits we have through our employers also have out of country coverage so if you really need somethign as long as you live on the border it is easy to just pop over for some shopping and oh the pain stop in a private hospital overthere and you get taken care of. Over all I would perfer ours to the private like you guys have. I also would not be agaisnt haveing both. If you have the good coverage for private then go toa private hospital if you do not have great coverage through work then go to the Regular hospitals. I alsothink that we have soem top nothc Doctors as well as our Nurses are top notch. I know wherer I live alot of our Nurses actually work in the states so that tells me they must be good if they are inboth our countries..

Here's a conspiracy theory for you. I was thinking about this last night...

About Palin.... She gets elected the Gov. of Alaska. And she's seems to be like use in a way. Not some political type of person. She gets in there a disrupts some things like the Oil companys. And that Tax thing they passed and she talked about blocking there in Alaska. She talked about it last night. Well there's probably a lot of money lost to the Oil companys and things she did and she just disrupts everything. For the company's.

So they make her a VP nominee. Now she's not Gov. of Alaska anymore. That problem taken care of.

Obama wins the President.

Think of it this way McCain, Obama, Biden... All have been working together for many many years. It's all planned out.

There's more people running for President. Why don't we get to see them night after night on TV?

If your talking about what I put up. Then it's not a conspiracy. Those are DECLASSIFIED PENTAGON MATERIAL. A conspiracy is for example John F Kennedy lost to Richard Nixon the first time he ran for President. The day JFK got assassinated he was in Texas along side George HW Bush.

By the way don't get me wrong. All people including CIA agents who have tried to reveal information has either been killed, went bankrupt or sitting in a mental hospital. So don't go out there trying to uncover this information.

Also I am a republican. But I don't hide away from true facts from both parties. Like Jimmy Carter create Al Quaida

MaluNYMets ]

If your talking about what I put up. Then it's not a conspiracy. Those are DECLASSIFIED PENTAGON MATERIAL. A conspiracy is for example John F Kennedy lost to Richard Nixon the first time he ran for President. The day JFK got assassinated he was in Texas along side George HW Bush.

By the way don't get me wrong. All people including CIA agents who have tried to reveal information has either been killed' date=' went bankrupt or sitting in a mental hospital. So don't go out there trying to uncover this information.

Also I am a republican. But I don't hide away from true facts from both parties. Like Jimmy Carter create Al Quaida

[/quote']

yea, it is just something you dont get from the history textboks and it us more interesting, lol

CDBS14 ]

i love conspiracy theories' date=' keep them coming.[/quote']

OK, you'll like this one. Since we are just throwing everything out:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/28/lawsuit-questions-obamas-eligibility-for-office/

Pennsylvania's former deputy attorney general and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton supporter Philip J. Berg has filed a lawsuit in federal court in Pennsylvania accusing presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama of lying about his U.S. citizenship, which would make him ineligible to be president.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia last week, also names the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission and says Mr. Obama´s mother went to Kenya late in her pregnancy and ended up giving birth there. It also claims that later in life, Mr. Obama declared himself a citizen of Indonesia.

Take the time to read the whole article, from a reputable news source.

To make all this go away, all Obama has to do is authorize the release of his original birth certificate. Obama refuses to. Obama's lawyers are working to get the case dismissed.

Why won't Obama allow his original birth certificate to be released? That's a Constitutional question that demands an answer. Because if Obama wasn't born in the United States then he is ineligible to run for President.

HogWild ]
CDBS14 ]

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/aug/28/lawsuit-questions-obamas-eligibility-for-office/

Pennsylvania's former deputy attorney general and Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton supporter Philip J. Berg has filed a lawsuit in federal court in Pennsylvania accusing presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Barack Obama of lying about his U.S. citizenship, which would make him ineligible to be president.

The suit, filed in U.S. District Court in Philadelphia last week, also names the Democratic National Committee and the Federal Election Commission and says Mr. Obama´s mother went to Kenya late in her pregnancy and ended up giving birth there. It also claims that later in life, Mr. Obama declared himself a citizen of Indonesia.

To make all this go away, all Obama has to do is authorize the release of his original birth certificate. Obama refuses to. Obama's lawyers are working to get the case dismissed.

Why won't Obama allow his original birth certificate to be released? That's a Constitutional question that demands an answer. Because if Obama wasn't born in the United States then he is ineligible to run for President.

i like this one.

HogWild ]
CDBS14 ]

Ummm... let me take this General... ;D

Because this has already proven this to be false and this is the new desperate attempt by the right to discredit and character assassinate Obama. This is getting so fun watching the right squirm at the new polls coming out every day showing Johnny Mac slip further and further away. Haha!!!! God this is going to get more and more fun by the day baby!!!

Here's the proof that he is in fact a US citizen. NEXT!!!!!!

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

And let me just say on a serious note here. Do you really think ANYONE in this day and age would try and run for POTUS without being a citizen...? Really? I mean, c'mon guys. I can't wait to see what you throw next at him. LMFAO!

Red0ctobeR ]

War pig why don't you give McCain a little more respect. How about we call Barrack Barry? Since he did once call himself that. I have never seen John McCain refer himself as Johnny. Have some respect.

Red, they play the song: "go Johnny go!" at all his rallies. I'm not being disrespectful at all dude. Please. Believe me, I'm being a lot kinder over here then at politico. ;)

HogWild ]
CDBS14 ]

Because this has already proven this to be false and this is the new desperate attempt by the right to discredit and character assassinate Obama. This is getting so fun watching the right squirm at the new polls coming out every day showing Johnny Mac slip further and further away. Haha!!!! God this is going to get more and more fun by the day baby!!!

And let me just say on a serious note here. Do you really think ANYONE in this day and age would try and run for POTUS without being a citizen...? Really? I mean, c'mon guys. I can't wait to see what you throw next at him. LMFAO!

What was released was not the original birth certificate. What's the big deal about releasing your original birth certificate? Obama said he's going to be transparent with his government, and his record has prove it...... doesn't it?

- When asked about his relationsip to terrorist Wiliam Ayers, Obama said "he is a guy that lives in my neighborhood". Obama didn't mention he chaired the CAC that Ayers created and ran. Didn't mention Obama launched his political career in Ayer's living room.

- Obama's history at the CAC is an open book, NOT. So far only one reporter has had any success getting any information at all on Obama's time as the CAC chairman.

- Obama's college records, sealed and not allowed to be look at my reputable news organizations.

- Obama sat in Trinity church for 20 years, and never heard Reverend Wright say anything explosive such as "HIV was created by the U.S. government to kill people of color", "9-11 was America's chickens coming home to roost", or one of my favorites, "God bless America, no, no, no, GOD D*MNED AMERICA"? Obama claims he had no idea that Reverend Wright preached along those lines at all.

- Accordng to Hawaii law, only the person the birth certificate belongs to can request the original birth certificate. Obama refuses to request it. Why even take that path? He's already has one lawsuit going on about this, from a Democratic lawyer no less. It's not like Sean Hannity is pushing this question. Why not just request the original birth certificate and put the issue to bed once and for all. Should be easy if the Hawaii birth certificate actually exists as Obama claims.

Obama has no record of transparency, at all. If he can hide something from the American public, he has a record of hiding it.

Palin's tax records released:

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/palin-gives-more-to-charity-than-biden-despite-less-income-2008-10-03.html

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin made considerably less money than rival Sen. Joe Biden, but the Palin family gave more to charity in the last two years than Biden has in the last eight combined, according to Palin's tax records released Friday afternoon.

Biden say's he cares about the less fortunate. But his wallet say "those people are sh*t out of luck". Speaks to character, wouldn't you think? Biden has paid more for hair transplants than he has given to charity over the last 8 years.

HogWild ]
HogWild ]
CDBS14 ]

What was released was not the original birth certificate. What's the big deal about releasing your original birth certificate? Obama said he's going to be transparent with his government, and his record has prove it...... doesn't it?

- When asked about his relationsip to terrorist Wiliam Ayers, Obama said "he is a guy that lives in my neighborhood". Obama didn't mention he chaired the CAC that Ayers created and ran. Didn't mention Obama launched his political career in Ayer's living room.

- Obama's history at the CAC is an open book, NOT. So far only one reporter has had any success getting any information at all on Obama's time as the CAC chairman.

- Obama's college records, sealed and not allowed to be look at my reputable news organizations.

- Obama sat in Trinity church for 20 years, and never heard Reverend Wright say anything explosive such as "HIV was created by the U.S. government to kill people of color", "9-11 was America's chickens coming home to roost", or one of my favorites, "God bless America, no, no, no, GOD D*MNED AMERICA"? Obama claims he had no idea that Reverend Wright preached along those lines at all.

- Accordng to Hawaii law, only the person the birth certificate belongs to can request the original birth certificate. Obama refuses to request it. Why even take that path? He's already has one lawsuit going on about this, from a Democratic lawyer no less. It's not like Sean Hannity is pushing this question. Why not just request the original birth certificate and put the issue to bed once and for all. Should be easy if the Hawaii birth certificate actually exists as Obama claims.

Obama has no record of transparency, at all. If he can hide something from the American public, he has a record of hiding it.

What's the big deal about releasing your original birth certificate? Because for any normal, un-bias person... what has been supplied is good enough. The real question here is WHY is this not good enough for YOU? Do you seriously think he's not American? REALLY? Do you think for a second that The American institution who checks these canidates out first would allow someone who is not a citizen to run? REALLY? I mean it's like the first requirement. LOL I smell nothing but desperation from your side. ;)

I'm not even going to respond to these other nonsense stories you have up there. It's desperation. You have nothing on him. You can't claim anything with the economy, people don't care too much about Iraq right now, we just had the 9 MONTH in row of job loss in this country and you want to talk about Obama's character. LMFAO! Yep, desperation my friend, that's what's left for the republican party now.

You really asking me do I trust Howard Dean? Nancy Pelosi? Harry Reid? Barrack Hussien Obama?

I guess you missed the part where I pointed out that Mr. Berg who filed the lawsuit is a DEMOCRAT.

But yes that's exactly what I'm saying. The fact you are attempting to beat down the discussion and working harder doing it than the Obama campaign is raises suspicions.

Beat down? LMAO!

You have no more ammo now and can only character assassinate Obama. You want to move away from the real issues like the McCain campaign does, cause they are losing with it right now. There's no "beat down", I'm just not going to dignify those "stories" with a response. They don't deserve one.

Try again. ;D