Ubisoft Confirms They're "Working Hard" On Assassin's Creed 2

Assassin's Creed was one of 2007's best, and we at PSXE have been craving a sequel ever since completing that memorable adventure.

Unfortunately, we first heard that Ubisoft wouldn't issue a sequel unless there was enough fan demand for it. Hence, a number of petitions popped up, prompting the publisher to get moving, and we believe the multi-million-selling AC should've been enough to prove that a sequel would succeed. Well, whatever the reason, it seems Assassin's Creed 2 will become a reality. According to Joystiq, a Ubisoft executive confirmed that the team was "working hard" on the sequel, although he wasn't about to issue an estimated release date. Some say it may not release until 2010 but at this point, we only care about the confirmation that AC2 is indeed in the works, because we absolutely loved the original. Of course, if they speed up development, this sequel will immediately become one of our most anticipated titles of 2009...think there's a way the fans can once again play a role? You know, something like, "c'mon, we want it sooner!" Or won't that work?

Anyway, despite the rumors, this is the first time Ubisoft has issued an official reply to the question, and we couldn't be happier with the answer. Now we'll start scrounging about for any new info for Assassin's Creed 2. Stay tuned!

I loved Assassins Creed however i agree with the most common complaint that it is repetitive and really easy

In the beginning though when you actually have to run away and not just counter everything that moves, is when i love the game... I hope AC2 comes out but i wonder if it will still take place in the mind...

well the ending was not so dull. Some of the sites on the floor have always been seen or said to be atlantis or alien cities, like yoni guni and the one in the Caribbean (name eludes me right now) and since they talk about those orbs that take over people, plus he said there were like 7 or 9. My guess the next game tells the story of those or of what happens after they killed that old man and what happens to altair and stuff. The story is really good.

yea I would've have been like wtf!! at the end instead of beginning lol & I didn't know there was gonna be 3 games Hawk, but the fighting at end was hot but then coming out of animus I was like wtf! its over.

So was I bro, I was like WTF now, then I heard it was suppose to be a trilogy and I was like aw sh&t whats next!!