The Last Remnant

I dont know if anybody is a RPG, but I am.

When I OWNED an original XBOX all I ever played was HALO 2 and I was a king on that game.

I became a Playstation Guy because of SOCOM. ALSO because the PS2 had WAY more RPG games than XBOX... all the box had was Fable.

Im a HUGE FAN of everything Square Enix, and they made this new game.

Im a very pissed off consumer.. b/c it seems like times have changed and XBOX now has all the RPG games..

Last Remnant, Fable 2... among others.

I thought of gettin a 360 this christmas just for the RPG's.

Now without just being an XBOX fan (Chili) ... can anyone give me more than a couple reasons this is a good idea. Keep in mind 300 dollars is more than i can afford, but am willing to spend if its worth it. I DO NOT plan on playin Xbox online. I just want the RPG's. .. Is there more good ones that are exclusive. If i buy the 360 without a harddrive am i screwed if i want to play fable 2 and other large RPG's ?

Is 360 really good enough of a system to buy for the RPG's, and is there enough of them.?

And.. how about a review for the last remnant.?

Me too.. I was never into shooters until just 8 months ago. But the thing about patiently waiting for PS3 to come with some good RPG's... is waiting FOREVER.. On different sites you can see all the games coming out for the next almost 6 months... And I Havent Seen or Heard of more than maybe 1. in the next 6 months. There still isnt even info on FFXIII . Which is on both platforms now? WTF.?

If you look at XBOX.. they probably got like 6 coming out. At least 3 of which will probably be pretty excellent. Square Enix has always been one of the best and they made Last Remnant.. thats why Im even remotely interested in it.

LOL. Stop being bitter Church. ;)

It really depends on what you think is important to you, dave. Games on the 360 are nowhere near as beautiful as on the ps3. It is still a hell of a system, it just doesn't quite have the get up the ps3 does. So if the game comes out exclusively for x-box, you won't mind that too much. If it end up going multi-platform then you might be disappointed. I've played a few RPG's on the Xbox, the SW ones, and they were great. Really great.

Now, you'll get 3-6 months free XBL with the 360 you buy, and I suggest using it. I know you said you don't intend to, but the online is where it's at. No joke. It's honestly so good, it'll make you pissed at Sony.

As far as a HD, yes you will need it. Especially with the new burn to feature in the NXE, games with long load times(both systems have them), are cut almost in half. Worth the trouble right there. The internal memory is only 256mb. Not enough for some demo's and trailers and such. So you will need it anyway for multiple RPG game files.

Yeah Id use the free online.

But Xbox would def. be my secondary system. One to play for single player games only.

I have gamefly.. so I play LOTS of games.. i just like SOCOM.

In any case.. after seeing the actual list of RPG's on XBOX.. there isnt that many.

Probably 20 more than PS3.. but still not enough to convince me to get a box. I thought there was like 20 good ones.. not 20 total.

Guess I might just stick to the PS3 and wait for FFXIII.

Final Fantasy for Xbox? Thats like buying a Halo for Playstation. Retarded.

LoL.. sike no, but I would NEVER do that. Final Fantasy is the reason I play video games.. all the way back to Nintendo. Its been my favorite series for as long as I remember.

And Churchy.. Your Birthday is the Same as my sons. Hell only be 4 though.

Yup. I have both systems and I play regularly. If you like Halo or GOW or even COD you will like it better on XBOX because of all the extra features they have and the technology and americanization being updated by microsoft for their players. Check Ebay for a used or new system thats cheap. Since your not playing online your really not going to abuse it as much as others to get the red light.

Whats this red light I keep hearing about?

Cant you buy some kind of cheap cooling system.. or maybe a little mini battery powered fan to put right next to it or something?

Also.. thanks Chili Im convinced! ;D ..

Americanization.... extra features? Your telling me that multi-platform games have more features on the box than the PS3 .. thats a little upsetting.

Im so on the fence about this... Im SUCH a playstation fan.. but over the last couple weeks I've really wanted to play some RPG's and play something different.

Hey sorry about that I mean't online wise. Its geared more to interactiveness between players thats what I meant. So early in the mornin lol. But you expect that from a system made in the US trys to push people in the US to buy it so its up to date. Japan is not the US so features are seen a little more down the road. YOu know what I mean? But I don't think it will make a difference for you since you will be playing offline. The whole thing with is PS3 or xbox better with graphics. I would say its more along the same lines. What do you think Chilli you see any difference? Graphics wise?

I cant take Chili's word.. hes a XBOX lover. lol.

Sike no.. from what I've see the PS3 probably has a bit of the edge in the tach department, graphics department. But I know what you mean.

I mean I'll use the free online that comes with the box, of course... And if its that much better I might keep it going. I dont know..

For me it boils down to exclusive games and content.. im tryin to figure out if there is really enough games that are exclusive... or good enough (like SOCOM for PS3) was good enough that i switched from Xbox to Playstation... if there was 1 game good enough.. or enough games... I might want the Box.

PS3 definitely has the edge in the graphics department but anything involving interaction and online gameplay, the box has a huge advantage.

And yes, dave, a lot of games that are multi usually do have more support on the box side. It'll get more DLC, patches faster (if it's even necessary) and just more support in general. Fallout 3 patch for 360 came out right away and it still has NOT come out for ps3. The Orange Box never had issues in box department, but the PS3 version was absolutely terrible (about a 1 full point lower when reviewed. 9.5 to an 8 something)

Also, occasionally, multi-platform games will come out slightly faster for the box than the PS3

It really matters what you're looking for.. I have both systems and I like them both, but I love my box. I play online so it really satisfies me and I can't complain.. and yeah you can buy an intercooler than can cool down the system, but the newer box's have different parts which help prevent red rings from happening and crap

I can't believe I'm using this game as an example, but meh....

COD4 was 50x better on Xbox.

GTAIV was 50x better and got the better DLC deal.

Forza Motorsport series is much better than the GT series.

Madden is LOADS better on the box.(at least it was before I started my Madden boycott ;))

Orange Box was a joke on ps3.

So far every game I've played on both systems has played better on the box. The graphics may have looked better on ps3, but gameplay was Xbox all the way.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Madden is LOADS better on the box.(at least it was before I started my Madden boycott ;))

So far every game I've played on both systems has played better on the box. The graphics may have looked better on ps3, but gameplay was Xbox all the way.

True that.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Cut, & Print.!

But dave you will need to get xboxlive.. you just wont be getting everything that you should, & ALL that makes xbox so great.!!

Live is a MUST.!!

PS. Graphics are only slightly better on PS3. (and thats if you have a 1080p HDTV.) and the features from xboxlive outweigh that slight advantage by 100 times.!!

BigMoneyNacku ]

I must agree! oh and FFXIII for the 360, SW the forceunleashed already has downloadable content for the 360(new level and challenges) and I know a few friends with the last remanante and the love it. all in all I own my PS3 for socom only! like money said the gameplay is just 10 times better on the 360, and the PS3 graffix are not that much better. did I mention the netflix with the XBOX. its worth every pennie of the $300 to $450 price tag

BigMoneyNacku ]

There is a pretty big difference in graphics fellas. You just barely notice it without a large 1080 tv. On my tv, it is a big graphics jump. Not enough to make me give up the box though. ;D

Not just 1080, but 1080p. (1080i isn't much of a difference)

I had borrowed a PS3 for 6 weeks, & i have a 1080i HDTV hooked up HDMI, and as nice as games like Drakes Fortune looked it wasn't any deal, much less a big deal. ;D