HELL WEEK -- Not trying to complain, but it was 'hell'

Hello,

I'm the leader of [ATR] and just recently 'failed' at our Hell week experience. First I would like to say I'm honored to be allowed to opportunity join your awesome online gaming community. The UF EVAL team that participated in our Hell week were very kind and professional.

Our first day of Hell week -- we won and had no problems. Our second day was were the definition "Hell week" became our reality. To clear things up we had around 20 people logged on who could play at the event. I decided to play those who did not get to play yesterday (which did not include myself...which was a big mistake)...our failure in the "Hell week' was due to a number of events. First we had both our POC's changed (which is my fault I should have checked the site twice -- when I checked in the afternoon our POC's were the same). I thought everything was okay because our posted POC was online -- I waited until 0900 for the game invite, but did not get anything -- we did receive a courtesy invite from -Deadily-Intent- around 9:02. Due to the huge lagg I finally got the invites to those we picked sent around 9:05 -- the Socom game invite system is a serious pain. We had a eight players in the room around 9:08, but one of our guys was on his alternate account (cringe --once again our fault) another member could not get in the game even after receiving the invite. Finally, the player who left mid-game lost his connection.

If I had stayed in the game --- I could have promptly sent invites to my other eligible members. Due to several reasons and unfortunate events we did not represent ourselves well. It was not my intentions to waste the UF EVAL time and effort -- we appreciate the opportunity. It was a chain of events which had factors outside my control and some within my control. My members were of course forced to green up and no other members were allowed to join.

--- QUESTIONS-----

The In-game private invitation system is terrible --- it takes forever to send invites. Is this a problem for everyone? or is it just me?

One of our members could not join a game via the invite system. Has anyone experienced this?

I believe these two problems were big factors in obtaining our expectations for Hell week.

CPT youre slightly retarded. The issue was with the mishap they had on fully staffing their war.

Jay-

I am the leader of *N* and we were the first to participate and first to succeed in UF Hell Week. There are definitely a few things that are needed to make this week a smooth ride. First and foremost every UF hopeful will need organization in order to complete the week. This is done through a simple forums page. I could not stress more the benefit of being able to get all information out to all members in an all encompassing manner. It takes a lot of stress off of your shoulders to be able to communicate to everyone at the same time. That also keeps everyone on the same page.

Secondly I would do away with all multiple names. I personally do not let clan members field more than one name in the clan. They are free to change their names and modify them as they wish but only one name will hold a spot on the roster. This allows for a clearer picture when posting your rosters in leagues and when selecting members to play in wars. It can be frustrating when you allow people to have two or three names on the roster as the eligibility issue always seems to sneak up on you.

Lastly I completely understand your attempts to get different players in each war. I also follow that same policy. I love to get as many people involved as possible. We won our second war during Hell Week and the rest of the week I made sure to get everybody involved, even if the team was going to be weak. This is what makes you a good leader and I can see you have that. The one thing you have to remember, while doing this, is that you need to hold a spot for yourself or another clan leader. Like I said its great to get everyone involved but it can only hurt you if youre not in there leading the way. I personally like to keep a clan council where I keep a simple 8:1 ratio in regards to Leaders:Soldiers. This allows for leadership to always be in the room during wars. I will decide on a team leader before I decide on the soldiers. The team leader will, about 90-95% of the time, be a council member.

I hope these tips help you out in your next attempt. Also feel free to hit me up at http://www.naselection.net if you need any help preparing for your next shot

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

this is exactly what hell week is all about guys. before we let you into a 13 week tacmap tourney playin 5 nights a week, we wanna know if you can get your s**t together for one week, lol.

admirable attempt ATR, and this was a good approach...admit mistakes, dont try to lay blame. hope to see you guys stick around.

Shadowboxin- ]

CPT youre slightly retarded. The issue was with the mishap they had on fully staffing their war.

Secondly I would do away with all multiple names. I personally do not let clan members field more than one name in the clan. They are free to change their names and modify them as they wish but only one name will hold a spot on the roster. This allows for a clearer picture when posting your rosters in leagues and when selecting members to play in wars. It can be frustrating when you allow people to have two or three names on the roster as the eligibility issue always seems to sneak up on you.

LOL What are you saying???

You can't have 1 player on a UF roster with more then 1 name. If they do, there is gonna be some problems in the future. I can guarantee that.

Shadowboxin- ]

Jay-

I am the leader of *N* and we were the first to participate and first to succeed in UF Hell Week. There are definitely a few things that are needed to make this week a smooth ride. First and foremost every UF hopeful will need organization in order to complete the week. This is done through a simple forums page. I could not stress more the benefit of being able to get all information out to all members in an all encompassing manner. It takes a lot of stress off of your shoulders to be able to communicate to everyone at the same time. That also keeps everyone on the same page.

Lastly I completely understand your attempts to get different players in each war. I also follow that same policy. I love to get as many people involved as possible. We won our second war during Hell Week and the rest of the week I made sure to get everybody involved, even if the team was going to be weak. This is what makes you a good leader and I can see you have that. The one thing you have to remember, while doing this, is that you need to hold a spot for yourself or another clan leader. Like I said its great to get everyone involved but it can only hurt you if youre not in there leading the way. I personally like to keep a clan council where I keep a simple 8:1 ratio in regards to Leaders:Soldiers. This allows for leadership to always be in the room during wars. I will decide on a team leader before I decide on the soldiers. The team leader will, about 90-95% of the time, be a council member.

I hope these tips help you out in your next attempt. Also feel free to hit me up at http://www.naselection.net if you need any help preparing for your next shot

Thanks for the advice -- this is a learning lesson for our clan.