IRISH BULL ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
Rayninblud ]

I dont think the demo is worth the trouble of creating a new account, Its only like 3 mins. of a mission and 5 mins. of them saying how great the game is. I have to agree with sharkbait aiming is not very smooth and it seems blurry when you run or move gun fast. I think the demo was enough for me to say no to buying this game. expected alot more out of a game for 09.

Hmmm. SO much for the "best shooter ever" tag everyone keep throwing around. Sounds like it is very similar to the first one. :P

Yea, sounds like a lot of hype. Haze got this kinda of hype too, and fell flat after it released.

However the difference between KZ2 and Haze is Haze wasn't getting good reviews from the major media outlets. IGN has already give KZ2 a 9.4 and a few other major sites have followed suit. The recent gameplay trailers look awesome so I'll wait and see how the final build comes to fruition before I pass judgment. Best Demo I've played in a while was/is F.E.A.R 2

just putting this out there. This game is the E3 08 DEMO. So this is still before the final build, in the final build RICO says time to die when he exits the drop ship.

Also you guys are gamers, playing a 5 minute demo and judging the controls? come on, when you first played cod waw i bet the controls felt a bit different from cod4? when you picked up confrontation they were different from S2?

On the GG forums and the PSU forums for KZ2 the people that said the controls were broken are now saying the opposite, just like every game it takes time to get used to the controls, play the demo more than once. The people that review the game even said it that the controls feel stiff at first but with some changes to the control layout and sensitivity as well as some time playing the demo you get used to it. Play the KZ2 demo for a while, go back to cod4 and see how unrealistic cod4 feels.

I hope everyone DOES understand before they decide to call it hype and whatever this is the version they showed at E3 which was months ago. The game is FAR different then the demo. I'll guarantee you this though it won't be an EPIC FAIL like Socom was when it first came out.

MaluNYMets ]

I hope everyone DOES understand before they decide to call it hype and whatever this is the version they showed at E3 which was months ago. The game is FAR different then the demo. I'll guarantee you this though it won't be an EPIC FAIL like Socom was when it first came out.

actually it is the Leipzig 07 demo, i just got that from the killzone.com site.

also here is the official word from GG.

Hey folks,

I have been looking at this with one of our Game Designers and we are starting to come to the conclusion that this is down primarily to the design decision to make the game weightier. Killzone 2 is not a 'twitchy' shooter like some of you might be (rightfully) accustomed to and we think it might simply be down to some growing pains on some people's behalf. In this demo we also did not add the section that comes before this where a player would naturally climatize to the controls and have simply dumped you on Corinth River, so I think a lot of these complaints will be negated by the players natural progression through the full game.

So at this moment we are not considering it a bug, or anything that needs to be patched.

We do suggest however not having the sensitivity on full as this can make the appearence of a delay seem more aggressively. Work your way up the sensitivity scale slowly as you become more accustomed to the game.

Also seeing if there are any post-processing settings on your TV you could shut off without negating the visual quality of the game or if you have a 'Gaming' setting to try that as few TVs are set up as standard for gaming and often require some tweaking.

This does not mean we are going to pull a blanket over our heads and stop evaluating this and looking into it and allowing you guys an adjustment period and I will pick this up with some coders on Monday as well to see what they say.

What i am however interested in, what FPS games have you just recently or are playing currently. The majority of people on here seem to not have any issues adjusting and we think it might simply down to a certain mindset more than anything, which is of course of interest to us too from a playability standpoint.

I would also like to take this opportunity to ask you all to show some restraint and keep the forums a bit more tidy. We pride ourselves here on having a mature forum and encouraging healthy discussion, but the past few days it has been anything but healthy and a lot of the conversations have simply been drowned out. So please take a deep breath, take a break and if I have any more information about this I will let you know. I'll try and be on here this weekend, but with the massive amounts of posts and threads I can't promise to read and react to everything. I do after all have my actual job to do :smileywink:. I also want to thank those of you that have helped identify what is going on and to let you know that we will continue to take on all constructive feedback to help us make better games.

Have a good Friday folks.

Seb Downie - QA Manager - Guerrilla Games

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=143456

CDBS14 ]

Yea guerrilla is European. The demo is available in Europe for free. Anyways if you get caught using an EU account and you are from US you get a perma ban' date=' its illegal under the terms and conditions.

The demo is short, but great. I wish it had multiplayer though.

When you begin the game i suggest you make the controls more like cod style and put the sensitivity to the max or almost to the max; this will make the controls feel more comfortable and more familiar. The cover feature is nice and you kind of have to use it because you will get shot at from all over the place.

I loved it, i am gonna be playing it over and over; i say download the demo and give it try.

[/quote']

lol i have a hong kong and japan account.

Sw3RvE ]
CDBS14 ]

Yea guerrilla is European. The demo is available in Europe for free. Anyways if you get caught using an EU account and you are from US you get a perma ban' date=' its illegal under the terms and conditions.

The demo is short, but great. I wish it had multiplayer though.

When you begin the game i suggest you make the controls more like cod style and put the sensitivity to the max or almost to the max; this will make the controls feel more comfortable and more familiar. The cover feature is nice and you kind of have to use it because you will get shot at from all over the place.

I loved it, i am gonna be playing it over and over; i say download the demo and give it try.

[/quote']

lol i have a hong kong and japan account.

i always had an eu, japan, and australian account.