Soft Contact Lenses

So.....I just went to Pearl Vision this past Monday to get my first pair of soft contact lenses.

After getting fitted for them and getting tested, they had a pair there that fit my prescription and size, so I was able to walk out with a pair of month-long soft lenses. They told me to come back in a week to make sure I like them and then they can order me a 6-month supply at a certain price.

I go to sites like 1800contacts and such and see that I can order lenses online a lot cheaper than going back to Pearl.

The prescription printed on each contact lens box makes it easy to order the correct ones.

My question is....has anyone done this before? Just go to a vision center JUST to get tested, find out your prescription, and then get your lenses online instead of going back to the vision center to buy them? I'm not afraid to buy lenses online, as it will be the same brand of lenses that I have on now, it's just that I didn't know if it's kosher to get my FIRST 6-month supply this way....or if I should just get it the first time from the vision center.

Testimonials would be appreciated.

Thanks!

- TOW

You need a copy of the prescription. My Step-father-in-law is an eye doctor so I get this part for free. ;D But he sends me out to get the actual contacts somewhere else, sense he can't help what price.

With that, websites work well. However, I just go to Costco. Good price and for the hastle of shipping costs and a site shipping the wrong ones, I just go pick them up.

Yes Tow. When I wore contacts, I would go get the script, and then order them online. MUCH cheaper. Especially if you order them 6 months or more at at a time.

Or you could do like I said, and MAN UP...go get LASIK you WUSS!!! ;)

SEQUOYAH ]

Yes Tow. When I wore contacts, I would go get the script, and then order them online. MUCH cheaper. Especially if you order them 6 months or more at at a time.

Or you could do like I said, and MAN UP...go get LASIK you WUSS!!! ;)

I think it's cause Tow likes to look 'smart'.

It's an Asian thing, I don't understand.

I have decided to get contacts for the first time. I'm now on my 4th pair of trials. For some reason none of the trials have helped me. My vision stays blurry, anyone else have this problem?

I looked into prices and Walmart is cheaper then 1800contacts.com

Johnson30 ]

I have decided to get contacts for the first time. I'm now on my 4th pair of trials. For some reason none of the trials have helped me. My vision stays blurry, anyone else have this problem?

I looked into prices and Walmart is cheaper then 1800contacts.com

me.........

I guess some people are just stuck with glasses :-\ i gave up on my third trial, it was just time consuming, gave me headaches and stuff.

But i like wearing glasses :D

Johnson30 ]

I only need them for watching TV/gaming, driving at night, and going to sporting events.

So using glasses is not that much of a problem. Sitting in the rain at 6 Bills games last year with them was not fun.

lol, i hate that too. But i just cant wear contacts, i get horrible migranes.

Walmart and 1800contacts recently partnered up so basically they both havethe same prices. I order from 1800contacts all the time. They just need to verify your prescription with your eye doctor over the phone and they will do it themselves when you provide them with the location where you receive your eye exam.

There are a lot of coupons you can google for 1800contacts to save you some money.

Good luck

Johnson30 ]

My wife did LASIK last year. Pricey $3200, but to her it has been worth it.

I don't have any eye problems(knock on wood) but I must ask all people who do.....

How much do you spend in a year between eye care and glasses and what not? I would think anyone with eye problems that can have them fixed by Lasik would do it right away. Does insurance cover this? I mean that would be a saver for them also if they cover your other eye care right?

Just wondering.

I wish i could do lazik but my doc has already told me that i don't qualify for it. However there is another surgery for me, i don't know the name but basically it involves putting a contact lense inside eye so it stays there permanently and you don't have to take it out.

He wants me to go for this but i have not committed to it in hopes something better will come out. In the mean time i have to put up with contact lenses. :(

After my insurance kicked in their part, I paid about 2400 out of my pocket. WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!

And, yes, after calculating the eye exams, the solution, price of lenses, time and trouble, it pays for it self in no time.