Killzone 2... The months after release..

Bottom line is, the game is awesome. The graphics, clan set up and features are right there with anything else out right now. Maybe it didn't have the "hold" characteristic that we had hoped but it's still a great game. I throw it in every so often when I have time to game.

Coming on these forums and talking about anything other than Socom is like wearing a Ohio St jersey to a Michigan pep rally (it's just not gonna be that good for ya). 7000 on Socom is just sad.....

If you took the clan features (roster, ladders, tournaments, officer promotions) from Killzone2 and put in CoD4's graphics and gameplay then we'd all still be there playing. The first game to combine those 2 features will bring a HUGE following.

yeah the socom.com forums were full of people saying that socom would be dead when KZ2 came out. i know there were some here that thought it would become the premier online shooter. looking back it is not what some thought it would be. no doubt it is a solid game but does not have the staying power of socom.

COD MW was a game that was a bridge. it was a bridge to the PS3 when there was no socom to play on the PS3. COD is a lot of fun, but it is no socom.

BTW socoms peak player count per night is around 12k-15k.

http://eclipsed4utoo.com/socom/

Well KZ2 is about to starts its first 60,000 dollar tournament in prizes, sponsored by SONY and Guerrilla games. Really cool prizes too, from a helghan suit to a replica of the games guns.

Well whether the game is the premier shooter, its up to debate. Some will say socom even though of the mediocre numbers, some will say cod4 because of the constant numbers, some will say cod waw because you see all of your friends list on it, some say KZ2 because of innovation, features and numbers online.

CDBS14 ]

Well whether the game is the premier shooter' date=' its up to debate. Some will say socom even though of the mediocre numbers, some will say cod4 because of the constant numbers, some will say cod waw because you see all of your friends list on it, some say KZ2 because of innovation, features and numbers online.

[/quote']

yeah that is the truth, no one will ever agree

heres my take. I was a huge KZ fan. It was a nice break from the last months of socom 2 before S3 release. 1 thing I noticed is guerrilla games cares about thier product as well as the community that plays it. the dev team has a clan and they actually played what they created as well as moderate the KZ baords close to respond to any and all concerns and input.(at least they did during KZ). You'd think zipper, /6, and to some extent infinity ward would take notes and follow suit. KZ2 may not be for everyone, but will always have a fanbase because guerrilla games shows they are in it for more than just your $$$. thats just my 2 cents

I love the game. I played it for hours the other night. I finally come to the realization that I'm not a fan of SOCOM. There, I said it. lol I'll play it because most of my clan only plays it, but its wearing thin.

I'm definitely a fan of FPS and not TPS. I'm also a fan of respawn. I know that's taboo here, but I am. I can't stand getting killed in the first minute or two of a match and having to sit there and watch the rest of it play out. And there is still a tactical aspect of respawn gaming. I know this first hand in Killzone. If the rest of your team is not working tactfully and together, repsawn or not, your gonna lose.

The thing I see is, I'm the majority, not the minority. Maybe the minority here, but not the rest of the gaming world. There has got to be a good reason that most of the big name war games that are coming are all in FSP view.