PS3 Dies :( Blinking red light

So We are at our meet. I turn on m,y PS3 start playing. It then freezes. Turns off and the red light starts blinking. SO I turn it off turn it back on. Hit the power button and it goes from blue to yellow to blinking red within seconds. I tried a new power supply and that did not work. WE went to the ranger redsox games, then came home and it still did the same thing....

Now I have a game in there too. Which wont even stay on long enough to hit Eject.

Sony said 150 to exchange it. But will take 5-6weeks. So I am saying I cant wait that long. Time for a new investment. Unless you guys might know how to fix it?

Taking apart depends on a few things.. like what model? is it under warranty? If its a 60gb they will not service UNDER WARRANTY because the unit has not been sold in stores in over 18months (according to Sony)... they will take for 150 but no more photo shopping receipts to get free repairs. If its any other model besides the 20 or the 60 gb models.. consider editing your receipt. I know a few guys that have done that... if you cant bare to fool sony , then i suggest finding out where the nearest repair center is and you may be close to one. A clan mate of mine lived about 3 miles from his nearest.. dropped it off on a Monday, picked it up on a Wed. I myself did the "reflow" technique on my 60gb model and got my CoD4 game out and got it to work, except i couldnt get online. So i took apart again and now it doesnt work.. lol

Good luck in whatever you decide.

I got a new one a couple of hours ago. Mine was the 60 and the 1st set of PS3 that came out! I can go no more then 24 hours without my PS3. I just cant.

I will look into the video tut and see if its something I can do. If not I will place on Ebay "as is" Thanks for all the info guys!

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
MaluNYMets ]

Yeah 150 to exchange it. I got mine back in 5 days. 2 days to ship. 1 Day to ship out and 2 days to come back. Its not that big of a wait as people make it out to be.

i had the same experience. i called sony, and they sent me an empty box, lol. got that in 2 days. sent the ps3 in that box to them, and recieved it back 6 days later. now, my blu ray plyer just quit spinning discs, so they only swapped out the player. pretty quick fix, but still i got it back in a very short time span.

i did however buy another the day mine crapped out, and so now i have one in the living room and one in the game room.

Well, I got it too, and was able to fix it myself for a while. It deals with the gpu and cpu losing connection from the board due to the soldering. Theres a video on youtube and somewhere on UF on how to fix it. I'm not positive on this, but I think if you send it to sony, you'll lose everything on your HDD. Someone might want to confirm or deny that before you ship it in though.

knock on wood here but I've had my original 60gig from basically the ps3 launch and it still works perfectly. I used to leave it on for months at a time and it would get covered in dust and shit and still it worked great. I take better care of it now but my suggestion to you guys is to let it sit on and get dirty to show that motherfucker who the boss is. :)