ok new update... it seems that it may not be the usuall overheating YLOD, or that something is fried. im am able to turn on the PS3 and if i dont press anything it stays on...

if i try to back up then it freezes a few seconds after the progress bar starts.

when i was copying the saved data of my games to a thumb drive sometimes if i was going to fast it started again like with a low frame rate( which happens when it's going to freeze and shut down) but as soon as it starts i stop pressing anything until i see the background( the original one with that waving thing) moves smoothly again and so i continued.

right now im on the XMB and it's ben quite a few minutes already so.. i can hear the fans on the PS3 working and it's pretty hot in here so i can say that it's not overheating.

soo what could it be?? something with the processor or HDD??

if it's the HDD then that i can fix easily.

Someone posted this on our forums. Not sure if this will help out or not.

The idea is that you can restore your PS3 operating files without needing to do a back-up or anything.

It appears that it really speeds up the XMB screen while you are in game.

I did it today and was shocked that my PS3 Operating System had corrupt files. I wasn't having any "REAL" issues.

Try this, it may help YOU too.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/tech-centre/5235-if-you-having-issues-your-ps3-read.html