Manny and Big Papi tested positive in 2003

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results told The New York Times.

The two were key members of the Boston Red Sox World Series teams in 2004 and 2007.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

I already knew about Manny but hearing it about Big Papi pisses me off. Not because I like him as a player(which I don't) but because he has said for the last 5 years how people who test positive need to be banned for a full season. Papi is a piece of shit and should get banned. All 100 players who tested positive in 2003 need to get suspended not a "oh well it was a different time then" slap on the wrist. I heard the Boston Globe's reporter try to make some bullshit excuse about how things were different in the Dominican Republic which is bullshit as well. David Ortiz is a two faced lying piece of crap.

What pisses me off is that this happened in 2003 and they are bringing it out in 2009. Give me a break, if it was that important why didnt it come out then? Why wait six years? IMO if they dont test positive now then let it go, they obviously had the test results back then.

Papi dummied up and said this news blindsided him. He said he will get to the bottom of what he tested positive for and he will not hide. When he knows, the media will know. We'll see what happens though, because even though the test was anonymous all positive testers were supposed to be informed. Could be a false report, but the MLB PA will likely never confirm or deny unless the list ever goes public.

BacklasH ]

Papi dummied up and said this news blindsided him. He said he will get to the bottom of what he tested positive for and he will not hide. When he knows, the media will know. We'll see what happens though, because even though the test was anonymous all positive testers were supposed to be informed. Could be a false report, but the MLB PA will likely never confirm or deny unless the list ever goes public.

I would kill for that list!!!

I wouldn't kill for that list, but kill the list itself. Yes, steroids and PED's may be ruining the sport and people should be banned for using it, but you have to remember that they weren't BANNED back then, only frowned upon. Personally, I find it unfair to anyone who is linked to that list because that list was supposed to be a survey and it was supposed to be destroyed. If they had to sign a disclaimer before taking the survey which clearly said that the results of the test were to remain secret and then disposed of, each person who took that survey has the right to be pissed the fuck off.

As much as I hate Boston, I think it's wrong to David Ortiz, Manny and anyone else who took the test in 03.

Yea that is fuked up.. even worse is there are probably MANY other known people on that list, but haven't been exposed yet.

They should've taken action back then, or destroyed it.

Now it is just lame.

They should all be tested NOW, and suspended if they fail. PERIOD.!