Interesting Info from Cincy B.

• Directors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AbigaleSS wrote:

Hi, All-

As I mentioned earlier, I have been passing on your feedback about Patch 1.5. This evening I was able to get some responses to some of your questions and concerns. So I wanted to pass the these reponses along to you.

Quick Match Issues

We have discovered that users who join a Ranked 8 v 8 Small quick match game are sometimes being matched into an unranked game instead. When this happens, M203s and RPGs will be available in the game and the ranking will not update as it is a unranked game even though the user selected the ranked 8v8 quick match game. We are working on a server side update to this issue and hope to have it deployed later this week or early next.

Confrontation Rating

We are looking into the Confrontation rating issue, where the rating increases or decreases by an abnormally large amount. So far, this is still in the discovery stage and we will provide more information on our progress as it is available.

Team Select Issue

For the SOCOM Confrontation 1.50 update, we did change the team select logic so that late joiners should no longer be able to switch teams. This is an intentional change in order to balance out the teams as in previous SOCOM games. However, as many users noted there are a couple of issues with this change where users can bypass this restriction by bringing up their friends list and closing it. Also, late joiners are unable to change teams even when returning to the game lobby after the match has ended. Both of these issues will be fixed in the next SOCOM Confrontation update.

Voice Chat Quality

Some users have noted that the quality of the voice chat has deteriorated and that the voice chat is significantly louder in the SOCOM Confrontation 1.50 update. We are looking into both issues. Part of this is a side effect of the bandwidth optimization made for the 1.50 update as the voice chat was using a very large amount of bandwidth which was causing latency (lag) issues for some users. We will try to improve this but we may not be able to restore the voice chat back to the same fidelity as before the 1.50 update as it would again cause latency (lag) issues for some users. We feel that the improved on-line performance is worth sacrificing a little bit of the quality of the voice chat.

Tie Breaker Logic

One item which was left off of the SOCOM Confrontation 1.50 build notes was the change to the tie breaker logic. We did intentionally change this logic to make the tie breaker decided by number of kills per team rather than objectives completed for the game type. This change was made based on community feedback in order to prevent the exploits which were happening such as players suiciding our voting out their own teammates. We understand that this is a controversial change for some but we feel that the change is the right one to make especially as the clan ladders and tournaments start to heat up. It should be noted that this only applies in the situation where there is a tie and so completing objectives is still a requirement to win some of the game modes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just wish that they could get to the point where they can FIX these things without having to announce what's wrong. We know what's wrong, we don't need a huge post about it. Just fix the damn thing. I swear these guys are the only people I've ever seen to release patches that cause as much issues as they fix.

I guess I understand why they do it.. how many times has someone been voted out of a room because a team wants to win. It's stupid, actually. It's the kind of thing that makes people NOT want to play the game. You join a room and you're the last alive, so what happens? You get voted out. It's not good, especially if you're new to the game.

This can all be solved so easily. I just don't understand why they took out the 9th round. EASY TIEBREAKER THERE

Two things. Nobody cares about these bullcrap tiebreaker logistics, just give us a 9th round and/or disable team switch. Just give us the option to disable it in unranked rooms. Ridiculous. Almost a year now and we still don't have something that is listed in the game MANUAL. The next thing is the mics. I mean really? Mics are worth sacrificing for lack of lag? I still see lag at times and the mics have been terrible lately. This game is built around communication, but what good is that when they are choppy as hell...Also WHY can't they discover a fix to the taking the mic to the deadroom bug? It seems to be happening even more often than before 1.5 and it has happened multiple times in wars.

BacklasH ]

Two things. Nobody cares about these bullcrap tiebreaker logistics, just give us a 9th round and/or disable team switch. Just give us the option to disable it in unranked rooms. Ridiculous. Almost a year now and we still don't have something that is listed in the game MANUAL. The next thing is the mics. I mean really? Mics are worth sacrificing for lack of lag? I still see lag at times and the mics have been terrible lately. This game is built around communication, but what good is that when they are choppy as hell...Also WHY can't they discover a fix to the taking the mic to the deadroom bug? It seems to be happening even more often than before 1.5 and it has happened multiple times in wars.

+1 buddy

BacklasH ]

Yea, I still see lag all the time. And like usual, this game locked up my PS3 again! Not a huge deal, but no other game has done this.

I made the mistake last night of playing COD WAW after I had dedicated the whole week to Socom. Although they fixed a lot and it is a lot smoother then it was. And they gave me a pistol I can work with. COD is still a better made game.

I'm trying to get back into sniping but the stupid controller configuration crap screwing with me again. Should I

should I turn this all the way up, or this all the way up?

COD I don't have to worry about nothing just play.