Is XBOX worth paying for????.....

The chat feature is awesome! It's the first thing i do when i log in. To see who is on and who's party i can join. I get so tired of the public garbage, it's fun to chat with just certain people. Even if there not playing the same game as you are. Just the other day, i was playing COD4 and all my other clan members were on borderlands. But we were still in a chat together! The interface for xbox is so much easier then ps3. I don't even know if easier is the right word there to. I mean the ps3 one is ok, but it's so easy on xbox. It's to the point, and it gets the job done.

BlackFalcon ]

Well you do know Metal Gear is no longer PS3 exclusive...

True, but for those that have followed the series from the beginning, it still is a PS3 exclusive. Most people will continue to consider the new branch off involving Raiden as a separate series, and they have the right to, in a way. I absolutely love MGS and it's my favorite franchise ever, but I don't consider this game to be part of the real MGS series. It may have its twists and everything may tie in to the series that already exists, but playing completely as Raiden (predictably Cyborg Ninja Raiden) is more Ninja Gaiden to me. Then again, Kojima is a God and he might shut me up.

I was a PS3 Fanboy, until Chili talked me into buying the XBOX. Don't get me wrong the PS3 definitely has better graphics buy XBOX live is sweet. I download 500MB files in minutes. They always have cool stuff going on promotionally.

I dunno the PS3 could be a great system but sony really screwed the pooch with the PSN.

You get what you pay for!!

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]
BlackFalcon ]

Well you do know Metal Gear is no longer PS3 exclusive...

True, but for those that have followed the series from the beginning, it still is a PS3 exclusive. Most people will continue to consider the new branch off involving Raiden as a separate series, and they have the right to, in a way. I absolutely love MGS and it's my favorite franchise ever, but I don't consider this game to be part of the real MGS series. It may have its twists and everything may tie in to the series that already exists, but playing completely as Raiden (predictably Cyborg Ninja Raiden) is more Ninja Gaiden to me. Then again, Kojima is a God and he might shut me up.

I agree whole heartedly.. I've sell my soul in a heartbeat for any new mgs.. that series is EPIC.

*Btw, i wonder what the count is for xbox vs ps3 threads & discussions on this forum...

NEO-X- ]

I agree whole heartedly.. I've sell my soul in a heartbeat for any new mgs.. that series is EPIC.

*Btw' date=' i wonder what the count is for xbox vs ps3 threads & discussions on this forum...

[/quote']

TOO MANY!!

I stick up for x-box more, just because I get so sick of all the bashing. Both have advantages and disadvantages. I for one will continue to play where the least lag is, when I am not playing with my clan.

Xbox Live is worth paying for due to the updates and the level of competition on Xbox Live. PS3 does not have any Professional Gaming Ladders anywhere in the world. Anyone who plays competitvely or Semi-Pro plays on Xbox 360. I actually have just sold my PS3 due to clan inactivity, but I will say the few exclusives for PS3 that have released lately ( Killzone2 and Uncharted2 ) were definitely both worth spending the money on. My major pet peeve with the PS3 was the update size and time to download. I had just purchased it and started building my game collection and would get home and have to wait for 20-30 mins before I could play.

Xbox 360 takes not even a minute to download an update for a game. The dashboard for the 360 is more user friendly where as, you don't have to leave the game your currently playing to change system settings. Theres also the " Party Chat " option which lets you voice chat across games instead of having to clumsily text a message out between rounds of a CoD4 game. With the pay to play experience of XBL, you also have the benefit of cheaters being banned from XBL so there isn't hardly any modding, minus your occasional rapid fire controller. When you really think about it though, for roughly $50 - $60 a year XBL doesnt cost a whole lot compared to other online gaming networks ( i.e. World of Warcraft $15, Final Fantasy 11 $15, Dungeons and Dragons MMORPG $20 all each a month ).

In closing I will say this, PS3 is a great ADULT owned BluRay player and gaming console. Graphics are amazingly smooth and crisp for every game out. In turn though, if you want challenging multiplayer and a solid foundation for anyones gaming console collection the 360 is the way to go.