INITIAL REACTION POLL FOR CoD4

I have seen the paradise that is: CoD4 maps played as HQ objectives.

Holy SHIT there is just NO break in this action!

101-Bandit, \H/-HDMaurader, cBF-Sequoyah and a few of my fellow APCers were ROCKING it on this thing. Talk about INTENSE. I believe this was the most intense CoD4 mode of game play I have come across......and me likey a lot.

Still getting used to it.

I think after playing it a few nights now, I will be able to go into the Custom Room option to see just what and how many maps we could potentially fit into a UF-style tourney......and if this would work for UF overall.

The worrisome thing here is that we're still seeing a LOT of complaints on the no-clan thing (hell, I'm one of 'em), and if anything, UF IS a clan-based tourney. And yes, as others have typed up before this, you CAN have a clan on there without having an actual home roster.......but that's not going to be the issue here. The issue here is will be see CLANS playing this game, and enough so that numbers ARE able to be dependably fielded for a UF tourney?

That remains to be seen.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stealthknight

Thats the main difficulty here. If you were going from S2 to CoD4 there woud not be a problem as the average S2 clan maintained 16-20 people with about 8-13 on per night BUT with alot of these clans coming from SCA and S3 there is a major issue. These clans are FORCED to downsize OR not play ranked games. Now no playing ranked games may not be an issue later but EVERYONE is excited right now to unlock some challenges and kick ass doing it. Where fielding a clan in SCA meant fielding 10-16 players a night, here on CoD4 fielding a clan is 5-8, 9 possibly IF the game can handle it. From my expirience and 20 hours of gameplay so far it CAN NOT handle a 9 man party sucessfully. So you get your party together, go to the room, see who got left behind, reinvite them, then they end up on the other team. What is that?

Now we had about 22 players move to CoD4 and are playing it nightly so far (we will see if it continues before moving full time) BUT we are desperatley looking for a efficient way for us to all be able to play together in a ranked room. (All of us meaning about 12-14 of us) w/o having to form 2 seperate parties and praying very one makes it or making a room then inviting friends and praying they get in before the room fills up.

As far as game modes go yes i agree that Headquarters is an EXTREMELY INTENSE and amazing mode that is nothing short or amazing to play. I also enjoy Search and Destroy (This is a No-Respawn Mode), Domination (Control points) and Sabotage (Demolition) but headquarters is still the hands down winner.

Lag has finally started to rear its ugly face, close quarters maps suck as shipyard and bloc tent to have some severe instances of lag but all in all it is still more tolerable then socom. I would really like to see this game succeed but we will see if the creators can listen better then zipper did and possibly make some corrections.

Good luck to all with there CoD4 expirience and if you find an efficient way to play with a large party in a ranked room please let me know.

So you like the new game play I introduced to? LOL. It is very intense, chaotic and fun.

As far as the clan thing and setting up a match. As it is now, the only way to do it is set to private and I guess the captain/leader/whatever you want to call them for the night, would have to invite all their own player into the game. Kind of a pain in the ass. so I don't know how that would work out.

Guest Stealthknight

wow, wish there was an edit button so it looked like i could spell. anyways u guys get the point and its 2am so thats my excuse for not being able to type well.

_-Dominion-_ ]

This game looks like it has soooooo much potential but the jury is still out imo.    I love the gameplay, graphics and genuine feel that it has but it is really pissing me off that you seem to spend more time organizing your group then actually playing.  Generally for me things have been going like this.

1) Get invited to group.

2) Search for Game.

3) Someone leaves group before game starts.

4) Game starts.

5) Host Ended game to try to squeak a quick cheap win.

6) Original party disbanded.

7) 8 people all sending invites to one another to try to group again.

8) Wait 10 minutes to get everyone back.

9) Look for game again.

10) See 5-8 again.

11) Walk away from controller before I shatter it.

12) Send Party Invite to everyone on my Friends list in some sort of "Morse Code"  Nerd in distress...can't join....server full.....send again.....

13) Log out and back in and wade through 5 invites in a row.......server full...........

14) Finally Get to join the original party and play 2-4 maps before the cycle starts again.

Happens way to often..!

The missing link here is Lobby's where you can join & switch sides, etc..

Halo 3 did it like this, only they did it right.!

The whole "party" thing is cool, but doesn't work well for clans, or even just wanting to play with friends of more than 6 or so at a time.

Not sure about PS3 but on 360 you have only one choice of gameplay type if you have more than 6 in your party. Groundwar (18 Total) 9v9

And what a mess ..lol

Undertow ]

I have seen the paradise that is: CoD4 maps played as HQ objectives.

Still getting used to it.

I think after playing it a few nights now, I will be able to go into the Custom Room option to see just what and how many maps we could potentially fit into a UF-style tourney......and if this would work for UF overall.

The worrisome thing here is that we're still seeing a LOT of complaints on the no-clan thing (hell, I'm one of 'em), and if anything, UF IS a clan-based tourney.  And yes, as others have typed up before this, you CAN have a clan on there without having an actual home roster.......but that's not going to be the issue here.  The issue here is will be see CLANS playing this game, and enough so that numbers ARE able to be dependably fielded for a UF tourney?

That remains to be seen.

Only time will tell, but i think fielding 6-8 for a war wont be a problem, once more people get it.. the game is only a few days old ..lol

But how much fun is this damn game..huh..!!!

I think HQ is pretty firkin sweet too, but i have a hard time pulling away from Team Hardcore.

Also, Wars /Private rooms:

I think you would have to have someone from each clan be in your party then you go into Private match then they invite the rest of the clan, but i haven't tried any of it yet.. but i wont be surprised if it is very hard to get everyone into a room, & on the correct side.!

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Good luck to all with there CoD4 expirience and if you find an efficient way to play with a large party in a ranked room please let me know.

Yea me too..!!

Online Information:

Game Modes:

-Team Deathmatch (Players split into 2 teams, and must kill each other. The team to earn the set amount of points, or finish the round with the most amount of points wins.)

-Free For All aka Deathmatch (Similar to Team Deathmatch, with the exception that there are no teams. It is everyone for themselves.)

-Search And Destroy (Team A plants a bomb, while Team B either tries to defuse the bomb or kill everyone else on Team A, Vice versa.NO RESPAWNS 1 LIFE ONLY!!!)

-Domination (Has 3 different capture points, then defend the catpure point. There are only 6 people on each team)

-Headquarters (Currently Unknown)

-Sabotage (Something like capture the flag, but one team has to destroy the opposing team's bomb)

-Capture The Flag (Standard capture the flag, both teams try to grab opposing team's flag and return it to there base)

-Team Tactical (Small team deathmatch and search and destroy, 2v2 or 3v3)

Kill Streaks:

-Kill 3 Enemies in a row earns "Radar" for that match (Ability To See Enemies On Radar)

-Kill 5 Enemies in a row earns "Airstrike" for that match (Sends an Airstrike to the selected are.)

-Kill 7 Enemies in a row earns "Helicopter Support" for that match (Calls in Helicopter, the Helicopter circles the map for about 2 min. shooting all enemies.)

Perks:

Perk 1:

Bomb Squad (C4x2 , Claymore x 2 , RPG-7 x 2 , Special Grenades x 3, Frag x 3)

Bandoiler (Adds more Ammo to your magazine.)

Perk 2 :

Juggernaut (Gives player more Health)

Slieght of Hand (Reloads much quicker)

Stopping Power (More weapon damage)

UAV Jammer (Jams enemy radar so the enemy cannot see you)

Sonic Boom (Adds damage to an explosive)

Double Tap (Makes bullets shoot faster)

Over Kill (Ability to have two primary wepons, ex: sniper and AK-47)

Perk 3:

Extreme Conditioning (Sprint longer)

Steady Aim (Steadier aiming)

Last Stand (Shoot your pistol while dying)

Deep Impact (Better penetration through walls)

Dead Silence (Less noise while running)

Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer while sniping)

Eavsedrop (Listen to enemy chat)

Martydrom (When player dies, he pulls out a grenade)

Kill Cam:

Kill cam has returned from Call of Duty 2, Kill cam is something that allows you to view the way you died after you have been killed. This is a great feature for knowing when someone is camping in a certain spot.

Voice Chat: The big question so far! Will Call of Duty 4 have Voice Chat for the PLAYSTATION 3? Well, I am very happy to announce that YES it will have voice chat supported for all platforms. This will be a great thing for this game, it wont be like Call of Duty 3. Thank you Infinity Ward

Number of Players: 1-4 (18 Online)

Requiered Hard Disk Space: At least 10MB

Supported HD Video Output: 720p , 1080i , 1080p

Online: Ethernet Broadband Requiered

PLAYSTATION Network Compatible

Headset Compatible

Tow....

In your research on how this could or couldn't fit in with the UF try these things in your test rooms.

The 3 modes I like the best and prefer to play are:

Search & Destroy

Sabotage

Headquarters

If you set it up in a private room on "Hardcore" this equals a GREAT gaming experience. Hardcore is "friendly fire" turned on, the radar turned off, and the hit damage is raised. It slows down the gameplay a bit because now a mistake is costly.

And for the record, this game doesn't ruin the clan feeling for me. Sure some of the clan "features" are lacking but rolling with my guys (even though its hard to get everybody together) is as good as its ever been. We have a website that has kept us a clan without Socom3 & CA. I wish more games followed the Socom's clan features though. But like I said, unfortunately I think developers will be relying more and more on the Live & PSN services.

Anyways, try the above modes and post your thoughts here. I'm really curious as to what the UF staff thinks.

Is there currently anything online that is a little more comprehensive and up-to-date than this article?

Some of the info down there is even slightly incorrect....miniscule things, but important none-the-less.

N3M3SYS ]

Online Information:

Game Modes:

-Team Deathmatch (Players split into 2 teams, and must kill each other. The team to earn the set amount of points, or finish the round with the most amount of points wins.)

-Free For All aka Deathmatch (Similar to Team Deathmatch, with the exception that there are no teams. It is everyone for themselves.)

-Search And Destroy (Team A plants a bomb, while Team B either tries to defuse the bomb or kill everyone else on Team A, Vice versa.NO RESPAWNS 1 LIFE ONLY!!!)

-Domination (Has 3 different capture points, then defend the catpure point. There are only 6 people on each team)

-Headquarters (Currently Unknown)

-Sabotage (Something like capture the flag, but one team has to destroy the opposing team's bomb)

-Capture The Flag (Standard capture the flag, both teams try to grab opposing team's flag and return it to there base)

-Team Tactical (Small team deathmatch and search and destroy, 2v2 or 3v3)

Kill Streaks:

-Kill 3 Enemies in a row earns "Radar" for that match (Ability To See Enemies On Radar)

-Kill 5 Enemies in a row earns "Airstrike" for that match (Sends an Airstrike to the selected are.)

-Kill 7 Enemies in a row earns "Helicopter Support" for that match (Calls in Helicopter, the Helicopter circles the map for about 2 min. shooting all enemies.)

Perks:

Perk 1:

Bomb Squad (C4x2 , Claymore x 2 , RPG-7 x 2 , Special Grenades x 3, Frag x 3)

Bandoiler (Adds more Ammo to your magazine.)

Perk 2 :

Juggernaut (Gives player more Health)

Slieght of Hand (Reloads much quicker)

Stopping Power (More weapon damage)

UAV Jammer (Jams enemy radar so the enemy cannot see you)

Sonic Boom (Adds damage to an explosive)

Double Tap (Makes bullets shoot faster)

Over Kill (Ability to have two primary wepons, ex: sniper and AK-47)

Perk 3:

Extreme Conditioning (Sprint longer)

Steady Aim (Steadier aiming)

Last Stand (Shoot your pistol while dying)

Deep Impact (Better penetration through walls)

Dead Silence (Less noise while running)

Iron Lungs (Hold breath longer while sniping)

Eavsedrop (Listen to enemy chat)

Martydrom (When player dies, he pulls out a grenade)

Kill Cam:

Kill cam has returned from Call of Duty 2, Kill cam is something that allows you to view the way you died after you have been killed. This is a great feature for knowing when someone is camping in a certain spot.

Voice Chat: The big question so far! Will Call of Duty 4 have Voice Chat for the PLAYSTATION 3? Well, I am very happy to announce that YES it will have voice chat supported for all platforms. This will be a great thing for this game, it wont be like Call of Duty 3. Thank you Infinity Ward

Number of Players: 1-4 (18 Online)

Requiered Hard Disk Space: At least 10MB

Supported HD Video Output: 720p , 1080i , 1080p

Online: Ethernet Broadband Requiered

PLAYSTATION Network Compatible

Headset Compatible

Undertow ]

Does anyone know if there is a LIST in existence anywhere that SPECIFIES what rewards there are for each and every level?

Tow, here is a list of the rank level and weapons you can unlock.

1 USP .45

1 M9

1 MP5

1 M249 S.A.W.

1 M16A4

2 W1200

3 M403

4 Skorpion

4 RPD

4 AK-47

8 M21

10 M4 carbine

13 Mini-Uzi

16 M1911 .45

19 M60E4

22 Dragunov SVD

25 G3

28 AK-74U

31 M1014

34 Remington 700

37 G36C

40 P90

43 Desert eagle

46 M14

49 Barrett .50 cal

52 MP44

55 Golden Desert Eagle

I'm with you all on the clan support ... the only thing you can do is throw a tag up ... that's pointless. They have PSN friends list support, not clan support.

The game is amazing. I've never been a FPS fan but this game is forcing me to be one. I love how you can control the pace of the game. If you want it to be intense and hardcore action ... you can have it that way. If you want to slow it down, you can.

There are plenty of things that they can improve on ... and based on previous PS3 games, all the things people have been complaining about can be added or improved with patches. I really think IW is going to be on the ball with this game because of the pedigree of the COD series. I understand it's a cross platform title and comparing it to how insomniac improved resistance immensely via patches isn't really fair, but I think they'll do some of the same things to COD.

The different modes in this game leave it sooooo open to story lines and different angles when looking at this from a UF perspective.

If your coming from SOCOM and looking for a game to replace it with ... GIVE THIS A CHANCE and as Wiz said, don't compare it. This is such a different game and I'm very glad that I was able to ease out of SOCOM by playing R6, GRAW, and now COD. Making the immediate jump from SOCOM to COD will be very hard, just be patient and give the game and future non socom games some time.

I was looking over Slant 6's site and I reread the Socom information and found something funny.

Under Key Features and about 8 lines down it reads: "Advanced player matching, players can form a team with their friends and join an online game"

Isn't that the Crap we have going here? I am going to laugh hard if it's the same as COD.

I was looking over Slant 6's site and I reread the Socom information and found something funny.

Under Key Features and about 8 lines down it reads: "Advanced player matching, players can form a team with their friends and join an online game"

Isn't that the Crap we have going here? I am going to laugh hard if it's the same as COD.

Yup, sounds just like the "Party" system .... I have no clue why developers are going that route instead of being able to pick and choose which room you can join.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i have gotten to play a little the last 2 nights and i must say, this is the most awesome fps i have ever played, WHEN I CAN CONNECT TO A STUPID GAME WITHOUT GETTING BOOTED BACK TO THE MAIN MENU!!!!!

i was on for 2 hours last night, got 27 party invites, got to join 8 parties, and got to actually play about 4 games, two being random games without parties. i am in wyoming, and the internet wagon must have a square fucking wheel, cuz i cant connect to anything. our internet here realy sucks, and thanks to all the super cool graphics and great gameplay it clogs up my internet pipes and slows my connection down big time. guess ill just have to play betweem 3:09 and 3:17 a.m. MST. hopefully the other two guys in wyoming with internet are drunk and passed out by then so i can have the 37.22K connection in this god forsaken place to myself.

-Rage- ]

If your coming from SOCOM and looking for a game to replace it with ... GIVE THIS A CHANCE and as Wiz said, don't compare it. This is such a different game and I'm very glad that I was able to ease out of SOCOM by playing R6, GRAW, and now COD. Making the immediate jump from SOCOM to COD will be very hard, just be patient and give the game and future non socom games some time.

That is a good point..!

I played Vegas and other games before getting to CoD4, so it wasn't as big of a shock to the system as it would be for the PS2'rs who are going to play it for the first time, straight from Socom CA.!

It's clearly going to be a HUGE game, but i think it will take quite a while before you can run a full on tourney like UF with it. but you might be able to start it with something small.

UF: Quads..? ;D