Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack 2 Releasing in June

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=246426

Modern Warfare 2 Resurgence Pack DLC release date confirmed

Thursday 13-May-2010 2:23 PM Maps due to hit XBL in June

The Resurgence Pack features five maps and will be hitting Xbox Live first on June 3.

To celebrate the upcoming release, Infinity Ward will host two Double XP weekends. The first will take place beginning May 28 and the second will follow on June 4.

There's no mention yet about when the pack might be coming to the PlayStation Network. Maybe people are a bit hesitant since Modern Warfare DLC broke the PSN last time.

Yeah, the Box had the problems, but by the time we got it on the PS3 they were all worked out.

The pricing will probably be the same and expect 2 old maps with 3 new ones again.

PC & PS3 will get it a month later, which the closest Tuesday would be the 6th of July.

Yeah, the air support on Vacant (unless the Bravo building roof is caved in) will give tactical advantage to one side....also remember how deadly snipers were on Vacant?

I like Strike, that was always an interesting map. The new ones sound cool, I've been waiting on a sniper specific map!

Damn, I'm not a big fan of vacant either. Like someone said, its just going to be a shotgun fest which I hate since the shotgun requires no skill. Just shoot without having to aim and the guy is dead. Strike is a decent map, provides for a lot of tactical play, but I really wanted pipeline.

I agree, Pipeline would be the best LOGICAL choice for them to do. It was probably the best map other than Crash. There's so many other choices, I don't know why they chose Vacant.

Strike will be fun, it was always a fun map. But Vacant? I would've easily taken any of these over it: Crossfire, District, hell I'd even take Broadcast over it.

Hellraiser ]

well i think vacant sucks.. Downpour or crossfire are better.. then again. im sure they are saving those to make the next DLC more appealing..

That's if there is another DLC. Don't hold your breath.

At this point, I think they are only getting $15 outta me. There are waaay too many games coming out that look very very promising, so I don't have to keep buying map packs.

But I think your right. These packs were obviously made before the big break-up, so I would imagine that's why they are being released so close in date. Basically, get rid of them, and let's move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly the knucklehead who wrote the article in the OP needs to get his facts straight lol! The PSN launch of the Stimulus Pack went off without a hitch. On the other hand, XBL was down for nearly a day when it launched on 360. :police:

I'll be purchasing this for sure. I loved Strike. Vacant wasn't bad in MW1, but with shotguns and the new air-support...I see that map becoming an instant "VOTE to SKIP." The new maps look great too. Look for the "Resurgence Pack" to release on the PSN July 6th.

Also Prane I do remember them stating at some point Spec Ops would be in a DLC pack. Assuming this is the last DLC pack, I hope they throw some Spec Ops in there.

• 3 weeks later...