The UF Crucible Capacity

RNG187 ]

honestly' date=' sitcking with a 16 clan tourney will do a number of things, make UF appear more elite, and draw more attention to us from new clans, BUT at the same time it'll discourage new clans, plus you cant forget about clans such as iG, who've been around the UF block a good number of times.

if you go with a 32 clan tourney, you're just allowing clans to walk in, who could possibly be negative influences on our great community, a great man once told me " if youleave the door unlocked, you don't know who or what, could come in." MY vote is undecided, b/c either choice people are getting screwed over.

[/quote']

Thats just it bro. This first, short tourney is all about the evals. The number of them doesn't really effect what this first installment is all about. "EVALUATION". so 16, 32, 100..the number's aren't relevent. We want to test the waters with as many new clans as possible. And in an utopian society...all of em would make it into the big show!

Question about "EVALS" .... if you know a clan already or if they have been a good clan in previous tournaments why are they forced to run through the crucible ? Wouldn't it be good to put aside those who you already know fit well in UF and have been a good addition to the community so you could actually evaluate new clans ?

-Rage- ]

Question about "EVALS" .... if you know a clan already or if they have been a good clan in previous tournaments why are they forced to run through the crucible ?  Wouldn't it be good to put aside those who you already know fit well in UF and have been a good addition to the community so you could actually evaluate new clans ?

It is a fact, I've come to find, that many clans I already know of are NOT the same clan on CoD4 as they were on Socom, and I'm not talking about familiarity with the game or skill level. The open mics seem to change a players perception on overall attitude while online. They can make a new show called "CoD4 Players Say the Darndest Things" from what you can hear on a nightly basis.

And we all know what kind of overall attitude we want here in the UF community.

There's been more than enough clans in this community that I heard with some interesting comments while I was playing with them on CoD4. Sad to say, but there were even some APCers that were a little off-color on the mic. Some of the more harsher ones are no longer APCers. But I've heard it across the board.

And finally, since it is a new game, we're starting with a new evaluation process.....The UF Crucible.

We're not allowing veteran clans of UF to "grandfather" themselves into a new tourney. We're putting ALL clans through the ringer here. No exceptions.

Yeah,

I've known about UF since it started. Never really participated and at that time there was some drama. Cant remember the people but there was all kinds of stuff when people started leaving.

But now that CoD4 is out, i still have my clan and searching for something solid thats nothing like gamebattles. ahhahaha Came back here and seems like everything has been straightened out. So i filled out the application today and one thing that crossed my mind is that we probably won't be accepted since it was only 16 clans and with all the veteran clans its impossible to get in.

This is why i'm kinda glad that you guys brought this issue up, because there are clans out there that are looking exactly for something like this. Who want to compete competitevly and have fun. So i really do hope you guys increase the number and i hope [AOTP] gets invited.

Thanks,

[AOTP] HTK

Some background info on us, We were originally known as What the Fuck. We were in the NSL. Won the NSL 1st Tournament and we also Won Season 5 of the league. Yeah i think it was season 5 or season 4 not sure. But yeah, since NSL is not doing anything for CoD4 we're making the switch.

AVENGERS! Assemble!

avengUF.jpg

On the onset, giving the 16 clan limit, it was the intention as Tow put it to myself and the other Staff members that immediately after the first Crucible a second one would ensue so that the poll for consideration for invitation to the main COD4 scenario based tournament was large enough to garner a set of 16 respectable clans.

After seeing a very good initial response to Crucible which had close to 20 clans sign up in the first two days, I inquired as to the possibility of having two sets of 16 if the sign ups were to reach the level of 32 or more applications and rather or not we should consider this. Tow informed me he was already thinking along these lines (he tells me that for every idea I have!!! LMAO!!) but I have no doubt he was since when it comes to UF – Tow is on top of it and as we all know puts a great amount of time and effort into things here.

The staff as a whole, with Sequayah taking the lead and going above and beyond on things has been diligently involved in getting the word out on this. We have hit a number of sites and forums. Also if the opportunity is made available we have been letting any clan we come across during game play know about our *little community here. For example Uncle Sid has on several occasions giving props to clans within the game. When you join as a group (for one example) a large ground battle type war in COD4 and find that a group of players join who have a number of players wearing the same clan tags and you find them to be respectable players then by all means please let them know about Urgent Fury and Crucible.

We your staff and administration of Urgent Fury have been thoroughly going about spreading the word. The results have giving us a good number of applications and we are approaching 32.However we are still a bit short so I’m asking the entire community of UF to support us and help get the word out. In the staff section we are calling this operation reach out. (No D-75!! Reach out!! Not reach around!! Sheesh! LMFAO!!) anyway all kidding aside.. (that’s a Goat pun) this is a company call out to you the members of UF. Put the word out when the chance presents itself on what is the biggest and best online shooter gaming community on the world wide web.

I'm hearing this a lot, and understand that there are a number of good quality established clans here that simply either do not have enough on the PS3 or else do not have a number of players for consideration to do the tournament..

A while back, this was brought up and again I'll go through what was decided.

If you are a few of your clan mates, have COD4 however not enough to apply as a full clan for the tournament than please consider making yourself available as temporary members of another clan. This is acceptable for the time being, some guidelines that were discussed were that.

A) your clan leader is OK with this and grants permission for you to do so.

B) while you are in a temporary post, you are to conduct yourself as a member of the clan you represent withing COD4. you will wear that clans tag for COD4 only and respect and adhere to that clans guidelines of membership.

C) the clan that accepts you, understands your temporary position and clearly understands that your loyalties lie with your giving clan and that when and if they become a viable clan for COD4, you will be transferring back to them.

D) A certain amount of honor is implied, i.e. you need to respect the clan that your are representing in your temporary post, if the time comes for you to leave a certain amount of privacy as to the general tactics and game play the clan you were a former member of should be upheld. Refrain from giving out information you would have otherwise been not privy to.

The clans that make up the base of Urgent fury have always considered themselves as not only a member of their respected clans but in a sense a member of the larger clan of Urgent Fury, as such this is a situation that is reserved for tried and true established clans here at UF joining an unknown and new clan in this fashion is ill advised

However recognizing the newness of COD4 and that not everyone of yet as made the transfer to the next gen platform this temporary provision has been allowed and granted. For those members of established clans of UF whose loyalties remain with their clan yet simply do not have enough to field a team. Please consider joining another established clan who also is not at full strength for COD4 and would welcome the addition of a few players to field their team. Before doing so however, please assure that all parties fully understand this is a temporary post. As a guest of the clan who grants you a temporary position, at all times you should follow the established leadership and guidelines of that clans chain of command. Remember you are their guest, conduct yourself accordingly.

Lastly this stipulation may be revoked at a later date and is to be utilized specifically for Call of Duty 4 in team competition within UF.

That being said PBK is always looking for a few good shooters. 8) LOL.

p.s. To be fair there are several clans of UF that may be willing to grant a temporary post for others. Look around and find the one that best fits between yourself as well as the clan you are considering. Before accepting however, make sure your current clan's leadership approves of your choice.

Goat ]

I'm hearing this a lot, and understand that there are a number of good quality established clans here that simply either do not have enough on the PS3 or else do not have a number of players for consideration to do the tournament..

A while back, this was brought up and again I'll go through what was decided.

If you are a few of your clan mates, have COD4 however not enough to apply as a full clan for the tournament than please consider making yourself available as temporary members of another clan. This is acceptable for the time being, some guidelines that were discussed were that.

A) your clan leader is OK with this and grants permission for you to do so.

B) while you are in a temporary post, you are to conduct yourself as a member of the clan you represent withing COD4. you will wear that clans tag for COD4 only and respect and adhere to that clans guidelines of membership.

C) the clan that accepts you, understands your temporary position and clearly understands that your loyalties lie with your giving clan and that when and if they become a viable clan for COD4, you will be transferring back to them.

D) A certain amount of honor is implied, i.e. you need to respect the clan that your are representing in your temporary post, if the time comes for you to leave a certain amount of privacy as to the general tactics and game play the clan you were a former member of should be upheld. Refrain from giving out information you would have otherwise been not privy to.

The clans that make up the base of Urgent fury have always considered themselves as not only a member of their respected clans but in a sense a member of the larger clan of Urgent Fury, as such this is a situation that is reserved for tried and true established clans here at UF joining an unknown and new clan in this fashion is ill advised

However recognizing the newness of COD4 and that not everyone of yet as made the transfer to the next gen platform this temporary provision has been allowed and granted. For those members of established clans of UF whose loyalties remain with their clan yet simply do not have enough to field a team. Please consider joining another established clan who also is not at full strength for COD4 and would welcome the addition of a few players to field their team. Before doing so however, please assure that all parties fully understand this is a temporary post. As a guest of the clan who grants you a temporary position, at all times you should follow the established leadership and guidelines of that clans chain of command. Remember you are their guest, conduct yourself accordingly.

Lastly this stipulation may be revoked at a later date and is to be utilized specifically for Call of Duty 4 in team competition within UF.

That being said PBK is always looking for a few good shooters. 8) LOL.

p.s. To be fair there are several clans of UF that may be willing to grant a temporary post for others. Look around and find the one that best fits between yourself as well as the clan you are considering. Before accepting however, make sure your current clan's leadership approves of your choice.

So does this mean for new clans like my clan, to pretty much look for a clan to join? Or you guys arent sure yet of the capacity yet. I would sure love to know ahead of time tho...

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

no, it just means if you only have 4 guys in your clan playing cod4, they could temporarily join another clan, with your permission, to play in a UF tournament. they can also leave the othere clan at anytime.

xPUDDYTATx ]

no, it just means if you only have 4 guys in your clan playing cod4, they could temporarily join another clan, with your permission, to play in a UF tournament. they can also leave the othere clan at anytime.

oh okay thanks, cause i got about 10 - 15 guys that have been playing together for 5 plus years. We're used to these types of leagues/tournaments cause we were in the NSL.

oh okay thanks, cause i got about 10 - 15 guys that have been playing together for 5 plus years. We're used to these types of leagues/tournaments cause we were in the NSL.

Those might prepare you for our Crucible and Black tourneys........but when/IF you get to a full-blown tacmap UF tourney, nothing really prepares you. LOL

And if I didn't say this before, welcome to the UF Community.

Undertow ]

Those might prepare you for our Crucible and Black tourneys........but when/IF you get to a full-blown tacmap UF tourney, nothing really prepares you. LOL

And if I didn't say this before, welcome to the UF Community.

Yeah i heard about the full tacmap UF tourney haahahahhah thanks and looking forward to it.