HDTV and Cable question

Street it is absolutely worth every penny..!!

You wont even watch the Non-HD channels anymore.!

I have a new question for Goat or anyone else who might have some insight..

I have Charter HD cable right now.. & as i understand it it isn't in 1080, but might say it is.. and..

We just got Fios (Verizon Fiber Optic) installed in my neighborhood, & am seriously thinking of switching over..

Any thoughts.?

Ok I gotta know right now, because this is just driving me crazy. I see a lot of guys doing this and sorry street but I am gonna pick on you with this one. Not because i don't like you( because it is quite the opposite) but rather I see you do it along with some others here on the forums.

Here is what I am seeing. You post directly after Mr. Goat here, the thing you do is Quote him and his blisteringly long post about your question that he apparently didn't answer( and damn you goat for that LOL). What I don't get is...why quote? Your post directly follows goats. There would be no ambiguity about who's post you were referring to.

Like I said you just so happen to be the guy I see doing it now, in fact, I have seen many people do it. WHEW I had to get this off my chest, and BOY does it feel good. I feel like running down the street with my underwear on my head.

What I also see that I don't really get is guys that just post a quote from somone else. Nothing to go with it just a quote. Now I really don't get that!

HMM What else can I bitch about...HMMM Well nothing to report as of yet. But don't worry more to come. LOL

Red0ctobeR ]

Ok I gotta know right now, because this is just driving me crazy. I see a lot of guys doing this and sorry street but I am gonna pick on you with this one. Not because i don't like you( because it is quite the opposite) but rather I see you do it along with some others here on the forums.

Here is what I am seeing. You post directly after Mr. Goat here, the thing you do is Quote him and his blisteringly long post about your question that he apparently didn't answer( and damn you goat for that LOL). What I don't get is...why quote? Your post directly follows goats. There would be no ambiguity about who's post you were referring to.

Like I said you just so happen to be the guy I see doing it now, in fact, I have seen many people do it. WHEW I had to get this off my chest, and BOY does it feel good. I feel like running down the street with my underwear on my head.

What I also see that I don't really get is guys that just post a quote from somone else. Nothing to go with it just a quote. Now I really don't get that!

HMM What else can I bitch about...HMMM Well nothing to report as of yet. But don't worry more to come. LOL

i got fiber optics and ive never ever had a problems and ive read goats post on fiber obtics before so you are in for a treat

no problems red i feel special now ;D ;)

Guest Stealthknight

Chili I would defintely look into it. Not necessarily for quality because in all reality the resolution you get is more dependant on the station itself rather then the Provider. (If you look you will see that Discovery has a much better picture then say HBO HD or NBC HD) This is because Discovery Uses HD Cameras as where most station typically just upconvert to a higher pixel ratio.

I would look into FIOS for channel availablity because by the end of 08' they plan to have over 150 HD Channels. Do some research for whats available. Although (and i dont know how true it is) Comcast is claiming to have over 800 HD channels by the end of 08')

Red0ctobeR ]

LMAO! Red OCT!

I agree really there isn't any need to quote folks.. Hell even more so if it's one of my long ass'd goat post. I think it's done just to aggravate Red Oct. :P

On your question Street- YES! (you can quote me on that)

For you Chili.. Fk" OFF! you basterd! (I've been praying for FIOS to come to my area) Last notification I got from them was "there are no plans to bring FIOS to MN either now or in the future" WTF?!

And Lastly for Soulja... I hereby name Soulja my second in command in charge of idiot questions that have already been answered. Please direct you're AV questions to Soulja, if he can't answer it, he will contact me and I'll handle it.

p.s. Soulja if you're ever in MN look me up, I could always use a good tech/salesman for AVC Inc.

Guest Stealthknight

lol, I dont plan on moving out of FL anytime soon but i do, do online marketing and advertising lol. I tend to keep up on my AV knowledge just so i know what is available and what my next upgrade will be. Pretty simple stuff.

FL? huh.,,, who knows maybe I'll open up a location down there.. I could use some sunshine.

Oh and Simple?

perhaps for the home stuff.. but believe me what I do is anything but simple.

aavc4%20.jpg

ShadowOfaSolja ]

Yea, Ill stick to my recievers, turnables, laptops, and TV's. I hate dealing with stacks. lol I think I got it set up right and i end up getting feedback on a deck recorder or I got my inputs mixed up. It definetly gets more complicated. But as far as the home stuff goes they make it pretty easy. Read a little and know how to color code and your usually good to go lol

I HEAR YA BROTHER!!

p.s.s. this is a quote from a post that follows mine... there... that ought to confuse the hell out of Red OCT! LMFAO!

Guest Stealthknight

Yea, Ill stick to my recievers, turnables, laptops, and TV's. I hate dealing with stacks. lol I think I got it set up right and i end up getting feedback on a deck recorder or I got my inputs mixed up. It definetly gets more complicated. But as far as the home stuff goes they make it pretty easy. Read a little and know how to color code and your usually good to go lol

You know that reminds me...

A few years back a guy put in a application for hire here... now don't get me wrong I'm all for hiring the handicapped. But this guy was darn near deaf and at the same time (something he forgot to mention) was color blind!

First day on the job I had him setting the color match on a group of monitors at a local sports bar... A complete disaster... I had to let him go.

I tried to tell him.. "maybe Audio Visual work isn't for you" ::)

ShadowOfaSolja ]

AWWW You should have given him a label maker!

I tried that but he didn't hear me... ::)

Come to think of it he kept showing up for work the next few days since he didn't hear me say " you're fired"

LOL! finally I wrote it out on a sticky note. in black and white. ;)