Some of you may know the comic book "Wanted" from Image Comics about a fraternity of Super Villains who watch out for one another. They're making (well, MADE) a movie about it and it stars Angelina Jolie, Morgan Freeman and some young schlub who gets to mack on Jolie the whole time......bastard.

http://www.wantedmovie.com/

Prane ]

I do read quite a few comics but I wasn't familiar with this story. From the trailer they don't seem like supervillains, more like viglilantes.

Yeah, hopefully they don't molest the original storyline TOO badly.

In the original, the main character (the kid who gets to mack on Jolie) rapes, steals and murders....and yet the writer pulls it all off by still getting you to root for him. LOL

OMG! It’s the comic book geeks section! (Goat put’s on his Official Marvel Fan club button and joins in on the discussion)

Wanted was written by Mark Millar, for a Brit, Millar is a one of the top comic book writers in the industry and since I’ve met him; I can honestly say he is very down to earth, intelligent and a well received artist by comic book aficionados.

The story is rather good and without going too much into it, it resembles other comic story lines in the weakling gets super powers tradition. Only in this case the weakling gets super powers and becomes an Assassin..

Not so surprising that Colin Farewell was cast in the lead role of Wesley Gibson even given that the comic book’s artist (JG Jones) modeled the main character after Eminem (the rap star). This was done without Eminem’s consent and was in all essence a publicity stunt which suggested a movie would be made with Eminem in it. Eminem’s people were not happy about this. But given the well received reviews of the comic decided not to push the issue and Millar backed off on the suggested link to the rapper. I guess the stunt worked since this has to be a record concerning the making of a movie for such a Modern Comic book. LOL.

Hopefully Hollywood won’t HOLLYINIZE the story like they tend to do with other comic books. It always gets me that they seem to think they can write a better script then the script that is already in the comic book they are making a movie out of. The same script that created the fan base in the first place. “Let’s take this well done story line and put the magic Holly woody on it!†pfft! When will they learn?

aWanted-01-ACE.jpgaWanted-04-Sig.jpg

Goat ]

OMG! It’s the comic book geeks section! (Goat put’s on his Official Marvel Fan club button and joins in on the discussion)

Wanted was written by Mark Millar, for a Brit, Millar is a one of the top comic book writers in the industry and since I’ve met him; I can honestly say he is very down to earth, intelligent and a well received artist by comic book aficionados.

Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch's run on the Ultimates, Ultimates 2, and Civil War was awesome. Last night I went and picked up FF #554 that he's doing now and so far so good. I've been waiting to see what he'd do with one of the big titles.(even though the ultimate U is killin in sales right now) FYI, Hitch went with Millar to FF.