Battlefield: Bad Company

The beta test for this game was released on 03/25/08. I was wondering if any of you XBOX'ers got the beta. I have a PS3, but I would love to hear if you did and what you think so far. The game looks sick as hell!!!! Might give COD4 and run for its money... (Cause I don't think R6V2 did).

Guest SuddenRedScare

I played it off and on today. For what it's worth after my critical review of R6V2, I think this game is a huge disappointment. The game play is basically the same as BF2:MC but the guns are more unrealistic now. It honestly feels like I'm playing Warhawk again. All the assault weapons have 50 or 60 rounds per clip and takes almost a clip to put a guy down, the sniper rifle takes at least 2 shots to drop someone, you can throw a grenade literally 100+ yards (Picture Halo 1 grenades), and the graphics haven't change much if any from BF2:MC. At this point, I recommend renting this game before you blow $60 on another shiny dust collector (R6V2).

My Rating: 5/10

I have the beta and this WILL NOT give CoD a run for it's money AT ALL.

Like SRS said, it takes forever for enemies no matter what weapon you shoot them with. The controls are just weird as it takes TWO buttons in order to throw a grenade. There's no detection so you have no idea if a grenade is about to blow up in your ear. Click the right thumb stick to crouch just feels weird after playing CoD. The sprint feature in battlefield is just pointless. You have to hold the left thumb stick in order to keep running. It's annoying and crappy. Graphics haven't changed one bit. It still looks unrealistic and like a game that was made for the 360 maybe a year and a half ago.

The only cool thing may be the fact that you can blow up some walls..... yeah pretty much, that's it.

Irish, this game is NOT sick, but may in fact be sickening. It will NOT give Call of Duty a run for it's money, ever. They're two totally different games. Call of Duty set the standard extremely high and battlefield fails to maybe even surpass the previous Call of Duty games. In my honest opinion, more of a disappointment than R6V2. When it comes out, rent it, or maybe even borrow it for a friend (save some money) before you decide what to do. This is pretty much like an expansion pack, too. I don't like it. I wouldn't buy it.

Same here.... Very poor game (its only a demo). I wasnt impressed. Nothing close to "next gen" gameplay. And as for environment breaking down during gameplay, hell Black did that on the PS2 and to be honest, I thought it looked batter then Bad Company on the 360.

I know your not supposed to compare games to each other because each game is its own game BUT.... What fllors me is how can people release games like this AFTER they already know whats out there? You put clan support & 3rd person into CoD4 and youd never hear me mention Socom again.

RB6 Vegas - 2...... lasted 15 minutes in my PS3 before I sealed it back up and sent it to Gamefly. I dont for the life of me understand why they'd release damn near the exact same game with sub par graphics that dont resemble next gen gaming. I LOVE Gamefly!!! Its saved me so much money.

-Rooster- ]

honestly...there is alot of talk of graphics this graphics that....I care about gameplay...If they can make it good looking on top of that...cool...Is it just me?

But, with a next gen system and knowing whats possible..... Shouldnt you expect and get both graphics & gameplay? With the money spent on these systems and now $63 a game, I sincerely dont see anything wrong with not only expecting it, but getting it.

I'd like a hot chick that shits gold too, but im not holding my breath ..lol

I would be much more satisfied with good gameplay and not so exciting graphics, than have great graphics with bad gameplay. (as i think most people would agree, they just expect more for next gen)

I just think expecting the perfect game is unreasonable.

Has there EVER been a game that had unbelievable graphics that also had awesome game play.?? (i think CoD4 is the closest thing to date, but could obviously still use some improvements in both areas)

I was never much of a fan of Battlefield, so im not expecting much out of this.

Chili-Palmer ]

I'd like a hot chick that shits gold too, but im not holding my breath ..lol

But, if you could buy:

1) a "hot chick" for $300 that doesnt shit gold

2) a "ugly chick" for $300 that does shit gold

3) or a "hot chick" for $300 that "does shit gold"

Is it wrong to want option 3?

Well even if you DO want gameplay over graphics, I still don't think that Bad Company is all that impressive. As I said, it plays like previous games and really isn't that fun. Maybe I'm biased because I've been spoiled by the pleasures of CoD4, but I just don't think this game is worth that 60 bucks. Gamefly it if you wish, but it could be game you send back within a few days.

I heard it's worst than RBV2, a lot of hype.. no substance...

On another note the LE version of RBV2 came with a sneak peak video and some bonus stuff on Tom Clancey's End war..

OK this game looks HOT!! Awesome!! (of course all I have to goat by is the hype right now.. but I'm crossing my fingers on End War.)