Preliminary X-box Clans for Crucible-X

Ok, this isn't official nor does posting on this thread commit you to anything..

I'm looking to see just how many possible clans are either ready or believe they might be able to field a team for Crucible-X at this point. So far it's been an uphill battle garnering new clan's to give UF a try. For the most part the Xbox community doesn't have any foreknowledge of UF due to having played Socom. Also unlike a lot of PS3 clans I'm finding clans for the Xbox don't seem to not be as organized? I would have thought the opposite was true giving how well the X-Box's Friends list and communication sections are done.

At any rate, again this isn't official, if one member of a clan can simply give a "YO" we stand ready or we are close and believe we can field a team or if you are visitng due to reading a post about UF on another site and simply want to say "YO" we are interested. Then post up so I can know if we are ready to get underway or if we have to put things into overdrive on getting the word out.

Thank you.

Goat.

Not only the MLG thing, but also all the clans coming from Socom are more organized because of the clan support built into Socom, it laid the foundation on how things should be. So most PS3 clans are already used to doing things a certain way.

I'm trying to get things more organized.. one thing i did was start a clan xboxlive account so there is a clan roster, by using the clan account's friends list. ;)

We may not be as organized as i'd like, but i think we'll be ready for some action. Also not opposed to a smaller tourney either. (4v4/quads or 6v6/squads)

Its much more then Socom and the clan support. Traditionally the "money tournament" have always been PC & Xbox based. I have played with MANY professional 360 clans and the organization is very impressive. The discipline of how and what they play is unmatched. Hammer & Anvil won the GRAW worlds and I learned so much on how to approach games you want to be "good at" by playing with them nightly.

Playstation owners never have had "money tournaments" offered to them. So, arenas like this are primarily where they play due to not knowing different. Its not that their more "organized", its just what they've always done. Competitive Xbox 360 clans have too many "money tournament" options right now to compete in a place like this. Xbox owners have never been faithful to a game. Where a PS3 owner can't wait for Socom an Xbox owner cant wait for the next "money tournament" no matter what game.

uhh.. There have been quite a few money tournaments for PS gamers. The one that pops in my head right now was Kill for Cash. Granted it was run crookedly, but whatever. When we stumbled onto UF, we came across quite a few Money tourney's. We avoided them all because of the shitty taste in our mouth from K4$. Good thing for us because we ended up here. ;)

BigMoneyNacku ]

uhh.. There have been quite a few money tournaments for PS gamers.

The number of "corporate" sponsored tournaments, as well as high dollar payouts($15k , vehicles, ect), isnt even in the same ballpark as some crooked PS3 website. The MONEY and SPONSORSHIP is with the PC & Xbox.

That's interesting, I looked more into this and (I hate to say this but Wiz is right) there does seem to be a lot more availability of *cash/prize tourney's for the box. MLG or course offers PS3 tourney's but both but the box as well as the PC offer many more.

Of course that doesn't mean UF doesn't offer prizes. A new LCD tv is nothing to bark at. We did try this. The failure of Breakout (fee based cash prize) which initially showed a horde of interested died out for some reason?

I also found that MLG has had a large success with four man Rainbow tourneys. I've always thought Rainbow would make a great addition here. But wasn't sure how it would work. With four man teams instead of eight there are several ways it works just fine.

If we don't have enough large clans to do the first Cru-X. Doe s [>7<}, ILL or CDS have enough to field two or even three smaller man teams i.e. ILL-A, ILL-B etc... What are you guys thoughts on this?

RNG187 ]

Goat' date=' >7< isnt on Xbox, i was just contributing to Wiz's point, sorry for any confusion this might've caused.

[/quote']

Than get the Fuck out of here!!

LOL..

no it's cool. your comments are welcomed.

If we do go with a squad based Cru-X, this may open the door for many more of the established clans of UF to give it a go. While a lot of clans may not have many members that have a box as well as a PS there are a few members that have both systems. Making it squad teams may be a way to include clans that may indeed have at least four members that have a box.... it might also be a way to intice more new clans. Four man teams are far more easier to assemble than larger teams. For clans that field more than one team however there would have to be some rules concerning rosters.. we can't allow switching team members between squads to fill holes created by a player that can't make a war etc.. I'll keep this in mind and get Tow's thoughts on this as things develop. Today I looked even more into the amount of *pro tournament clans for the box and I've found a lot of them. This could be another reason why getting new Xbox clans to visit here has been an uphill battle.

Goat ]

Today I looked even more into the amount of *pro tournament clans for the box and I've found a lot of them. This could be another reason why getting new Xbox clans to visit here has been an uphill battle.

And there you have it......

Goat, iLL would NOT be able to put 2 squads in Crucible-X. We are still kicking around how we'll manage a steady 8. So, to be honest, playing 6v6 would be better for our 360 guys.

I think he means two teams of 4 or 6 not two teams of 8+.

But I love the idea of quads or squads..!!

If quads we could probably get more teams, but i dont think multiple teams (from the same clan) is a good idea.

To have an interclan tourney for fun is one thing, but to pit your own clan against your own clan in a normal/real tourney just doesn't sound good. (to me atleast)

I think just by making it a quads tourney you will get more clans involved.

Chili-Palmer ]

I think he means two teams of 4 or 6 not two teams of 8+.

I fully understand what he means Chili. 2 teams of 4 still mean 8 guys. And if we are debating on having a steady 8 like I said then it would be pointless to commit 2 teams of 4. 1 quad or squad is doable from ToP BiLLiN

p.s. the is the very first Goat post in here.. LOL ;) sorry but I wanted to give some details as to the progress of the section to the entire membership and welcome any ideas or support from the community.

That's a good point Chilli, yea if it came to the same clans A & B squads playing each other for the championship or something that wouldn't be very good. Besides now that I think about it, even if it's six for example normally you would like to have at least 8 if not 10 or so to be sure you have an adequate amount to field a squad for any given war.

Basically I'm just concerned about the number of viable teams for the Xbox version of Crucible that either A) don't even know about UF or B) aren't interested or C) that even the established clans here do not have enough members that have a Xbox and are able to field a team for competition.

Given that UF in the past has stated the desire to stay within the PS platform and this is a bold and hopeful move by the admins of UF to cross over into new territory. We aren't really expecting the doors to be blown open by a horde of X-clans giving UF a try. However at the same time I didn't expect a rather dismal response from Xbox users and a somewhat hesitate manner in regards to giving UF a try. There seems to be a lot of mis trust of unknown tournament sites in the X community. For a lot of Xbox sites even posting a notice of UF is looked at as advertisement or spamming, disregarding the fact that UF doesn't charge a fee nor do we promote any sales that garner profit. While attempting to post notices I always ask the administration of a particular site first. (It's the respectful thing to do). However, even after the attempts at explaining that our purpose is only to provide a cheat free environment to compete in very little sites have agreed to allow the post.

I guess what I'm getting at is with Tow and Sniper finally agreeing to give X-box user's the courtesy of providing the same beneficial and rewarding experience of UF I'm rather frustrated with the difficulty of getting Xbox clans to give us a try.

Myself and Rooster along with some great help from Chili and other well meaning representatives of UF are doing the best we can to get the word out. I've even enlisted the help of the rest of the Staff- Seq, Unc, Red as well as Neo and Smoke are pitching in as well. However we seem to be still far below the mark.

I'm not going to plead to clans. UF doesn't need to beg anyone to try us. Our merit stands on its on. IMO if clans are unwilling to give us a try then it's their lost and not ours. That said however, I'm not above asking the membership to lend whatever hand they can in terms of helping UF to gain a foothold in the Xbox community. Even though for the most part the PS members give the Xbox users a bit of ribbing in terms of X vs PS, when it comes down to it the pride they have in being a UF member over shines the debate. I don't think anyone of them wouldn't also like to see the Xbox section succeed. Within our membership I am certain there are a number of members that may have friends, relatives and acquaintances that play on the Xbox. So far it has been just us in here along with the staff spreading the word. I thinking of asking the entire membership to put their differences aside and help get the ball rolling on this in any way they can.

I believe Undertow is of the mind to just put up the application section and cross our fingers. I don't think postponing the application section is needed. Although how long to keep it open is in question as well as the issue of the size of the teams.

We will definatley be throwing around the idea of squads (either 4v4 or 6v6)

This may be the first UF Crucible-X But it will not be the last. So if we go in with 8-10 clans....so be it.

Still spread the good word, and we will see what cards are delt to us.

-Rooster- ]

We will definatley be throwing around the idea of squads (either 4v4 or 6v6)

This may be the first UF Crucible-X But it will not be the last. So if we go in with 8-10 clans....so be it.

8-10 clans would be great.!! (baby steps my friend)

Thank you CHURCH!!

it seems I may have overlooked your overwhelming support. It was not intentional. To set the record straight this post is for CHURCH.. with appreciations to CHURCH as well as clan 101.

Thank you CHURCH..

Oh and again, in case I overlooked clan 101 and forgot to mention CHURCH..

mad/luv from da Goat to CHURCH and clan 101.

*not intended as a J/K post I sincerely mean it.. and apologize for overlooking your support. :)